Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is that you on the bike Ciarrai?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is that you on the bike Ciarrai?

nope, don't own a bike!

http://traleetoday.ie/woman-with-knife-in-stand-off-with-gardai-on-castle-street/

apparently armed response units there now with shields! hopefully this doesn't end badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

kn wrote:
    Is she a local or one of the muslim's.

Or a local muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

The FCA are on the way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

maybe a local Muslim? I don't know to be honest. Still ongoing apparently.

Radio Kerry are saying its a woman in her 30's from Cork!
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/woman-barricades-herself-into-tralee-building/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wang King wrote: »
    Don't think there is anywhere really, the old John Mitchels pitch beside aldi still has a standing goals, but will most likely be overgrown too

That patch of ground has become an abject eyesore. Totally overgrown and it hasn't even been properly fenced off.

Quackster wrote: »
    That patch of ground has become an abject eyesore. Totally overgrown and it hasn't even been properly fenced off.

I was thinking the same. Why has it just been left that way, and goal posts still there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Radio Kerry are saying its a woman in her 30's from Cork!
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/woman-barricades-herself-into-tralee-building/

Must have been something to do with the O'Donoghue penalty in the Munster final so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I heard she's surrenderd in the last few mins, all good

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Sully34 wrote: »
    The FCA are on the way

Just checked my pager now. Sickened, could have gotten some savage action there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Reiver wrote: »
    Just checked my pager now. Sickened, could have gotten some savage action there.

She wasn't in the mood for a shag I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

kn wrote:

One of the North Cork Muslims! The worst type :)

Thankfully things ended without anyone being hurt. Apparently some of her family were brought to talk to her. Poor woman, hope she gets the help she needs.

Looks like we are top of the table for court poor box payments

800k paid in Tralee last year

700k goes to International charities

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kerry-accounts-for-40-per-cent-of-money-paid-into-court-poor-boxes/

Surely any money paid in a court poor box should stay in the area and support local charity's

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kerry-accounts-for-40-per-cent-of-money-paid-into-court-poor-boxes/

Surely any money paid in a court poor box should stay in the area and support local charity's

I agree, I don't see why so much of it has gone out of the county! That's insane! Not to mention, how many businesses & victims have got a penny from these crimes committed against them! I know we never did!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

But that €700k will pay for the annual salary of the CEOs of 5 or 6 of these charities. Money well spent.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

BPKS wrote: »
    But that €700k will pay for the annual salary of the CEOs of 5 or 6 of these charities. Money well spent.:rolleyes:

5-6? You would only get monkey CEO's if you only pay them that sort of peanut's......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

i hear a rumour one particular Judges brother is heavily involved in one particular african charity. It certainly deserves further investigation.
    The whole legal system is corrupt in my opinion and needs a massive overhaul. Its disgraceful to see massive awards being handed out (plus costs of course) for grossly exaggerated claims for personal injuries. Yet the same judge will let off criminals who attack rob and beat up innocent bystanders with a warning or petty fine, or of course a contribution to the poor box!

The missus took my young fellow into Elverys today to get him a pair if trainers for school.

Apparantely they didnt have the contraption to measure the size of feet.

So they promptly drove up to Lifestyle in Manor to get a pair.

And they wonder why the town is dying, trade wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I hear that there's a donkey derby planned for the town park on Sunday, anybody know what time it's on?

Was there a big turn out for the White Collar Boxing charity event last night in the dome?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

The missus took my young fellow into Elverys today to get him a pair if trainers for school.

Why didn't they walk the 50 yards to Lifestyle in the Town Centre?

g1983d wrote: »
    I hear that there's a donkey derby planned for the town park on Sunday, anybody know what time it's on?

I didn't hear there was on! I can't see it mentioned in the entertainment brochure.

There are loads of shoe shops in town that could have measured his feet? Not really fair to say the town is dying because one shop didn't have a foot measure! And the town isn't dying trade wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Could he not have tried on a shoe or 2 to get the size?

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Could he not have tried on a shoe or 2 to get the size?

You would think so, but the assistant wasn't very helpful to be honest.

Weren't they running a big ad campaign recently saying to come in store and get the gaet analysis of your feet checked.

Anyway not a big deal really, we got two lovely pairs of asics in Lifestyle for school and tearing around the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

You would think so, but the assistant wasn't very helpful to be honest.

They won't last very long if they are doing that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement