Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

corkbride wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me some good spots to go for a night out in Tralee? It'll be a group of girls so just looking for some good pubs/clubs. Also, if you could tell me any places to avoid :) Age group is late 20's. Thanks

Only one nightclub left in Tralee,Horans its called the rest have closed.

Popular pubs in Tralee would be Sean Ogs,Paddy Macs,,Bailey's Corner,An Teach Beag is also a nice pub and then you have the late bars like The Abbey,the Blasket and Hennesseys and new bar Night Jar in the square used be named Ruairi's once upon a time

The first four pubs would have live music on at the weekends and usually get good crowds.

As for the late bars,The Blasket has two floors downstairs live music and upstairs they they have a DJ,mostly plays all 80s stuff if your into that,Hennesseys is a fine pub,the back bar courtyard area is very impressive,The Night Jar isn't bad,DJ plays a good mix of music to cover everyone's taste,think they do cocktails as well as do the Blasket.

The Abbey on the other hand.................................................il let other posters take on that story :)

Enjoy your night out in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me some good spots to go for a night out in Tralee? It'll be a group of girls so just looking for some good pubs/clubs. Also, if you could tell me any places to avoid :) Age group is late 20's. Thanks

Had a hen in Tralee last year, we stayed in the Grand, would highly recommend and had lovely bar food there first.
    Had a few quietish drinks in pubs on main st. Then went to abbey inn a late bar and there is dj upstairs had a great night but it was jammers there. I was soberish and really noticed how packed it got as night went on. Kinda dangerous really.

Enjoy night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hi,

If you are going to say Horan's then Hennessy's is a good option up that side of town. It has a late bar and an enclosed decked smoking area out the back. The Blasket is also just a few doors down from Hennessy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I'd take the Abbey over Hennessey's any day. I really like the Abbey, must be alone in this! Have gone there since I was a teenager (late 20's now) and tbh the only things I don't like about the revamped Abbey are the oddly placed and awkward dancefloor and the toilets being downstairs. We've had many great nights upstairs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Nice bit of weather about today, and nice to run into Mr and Mrs Delthedriver for a chat! Always a pleasure!
    Met loadsa people around and i was busy with stuff, if it was a quiet day id see no one! Typical!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Nice bit of weather about today

Hail and heavy rain at 21:00!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think it was the Boyles (Grand Hotel) who bought that unit & are opening Costa's, not Quinlans.

Yes initial story was that Boyles had bought Mickos, however a source confirmed that Quinlans bought it and are going to rent to Costa Coffee. Rent €60k pa. ???
    Boyles were interested in buying but pulled out?? Who knows ........?? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hail and heavy rain at 21:00!

tell me about it...I got drenched on my way back to my car from Quinlan's! I even had an umbrella but still got saturated!
    Crazy weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

I'd take hennessys or the the blasket as it might be difficult avoiding the drunken children in the abbey of late don't know much about the night jar not been there yet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

can you believe there is another cafe opening, this time near the Abbey in that building which hasn't been occupied since it was built (apart from being used for various things during the festival). Apparently its going to be called 'Yummy Cafe Market'. Fair play to anyone setting up a business in these times, but with 2 other cafe's also about to open, I would have had a rethink if I were them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Obviously these people opening all these cafés must be looking at www.boards.ie/traleeteacoffeeandbunsscourtalk on a regular basis:rolleyes:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    can you believe there is another cafe opening, this time near the Abbey in that building which hasn't been occupied since it was built (apart from being used for various things during the festival). Apparently its going to be called 'Yummy Cafe Market'. Fair play to anyone setting up a business in these times, but with 2 other cafe's also about to open, I would have had a rethink if I were them!

Amazing, perhaps people are becoming more European in their outlook , coffee shops outstripping pubs?
    Best wishes to this new venture also. Always delighted to see people open doors of new businesses in what are very difficult trading conditions.:)

Nice bit of weather about today, and nice to run into Mr and Mrs Delthedriver for a chat! Always a pleasure!
    Met loadsa people around and i was busy with stuff, if it was a quiet day id see no one! Typical!:D

Great to meet Carchaeologist again. True gentleman. Many thanks again for all your updates on the Tralee Bypass:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Whats the best price/place to go for an oil tank?

Whats the best price/place to go for an oil tank?

You could try our neighbours in www.killarneyplastics.com.

I got mine from Ardfert fuels a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

http://www.killarneyplastics.com do not manufacture oil tanks, they manufacture water tanks, wastewater treatment tanks etc

I have also gotten a replacement oil tank from Atlantic Oils recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

dmire wrote: »
    http://www.killarneyplastics.com do not manufacture oil tanks, they manufacture water tanks, wastewater treatment tanks etc

I have also gotten a replacement oil tank from Atlantic Oils recently

Kerry petroleum in clash also have a fairly decent selection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Went to go for lunch today at 1.00

3 of us looking for dinner thats decent but quick.

SERIOUS lack of options.

used to go to Brogue - closed
    Used to go Nancy Myles - closed

Used to go to Mitchells, but quality wasnt great.
    Didnt like quality in The Mall.

Not that many other choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

SERIOUS lack of options.

Does the Snackery do dinners?

And the place near Super Valu is supposed to be good,Raymond's I think its called

yeah we'd get take aways from Rays the odd time. Wouldnt go sit down there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

SERIOUS lack of options.

You have Mozarts in Ashe St. Baileys Corner have some great fare. The Grand Hotel, Carlton & Manor West hotel do lunches also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Lelantos wrote: »
    You have Mozarts in Ashe St. Baileys Corner have some great fare. The Grand Hotel, Carlton & Manor West hotel do lunches also.
    The roast house, denny lane, pomo doro, French flair, O'donnells and many others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

La scala, pizza time, cassidys, abbey inn, sunshine palace, stone house, bella bia. Just a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

lack of options my fangita!! :rolleyes:.

I defo recommend the stone house if thats the kinda grub your after, not that expensive either considering the good quality ingredients they use.

Denny Lane definitely open for lunch?

Had dinner there before, was class.

We wouldnt be ones for chinese or pizza for lunch, but defo a few options I havent thought of there.

Denny Lane, Roast house and Stone house will get a look in soon.

Spa Seafood Restaurant for lunch and dinner

Chopin's in Ashe Street, for lunch and dinner

Ballygarry House Hotel , for lunch and dinner

Choices are endless....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭qwertypop

Lelantos wrote: »

Jesus you must be loaded to frequent these places. Dick Boyle raises the prices the minute the clock strikes three evening menu he calls it even though its exactly the same food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Have eaten at the Wetlands centre at lunchtime twice lately. Very busy but grub was very good.

T,

TigerTim wrote: »
    Have eaten at the Wetlands centre at lunchtime twice lately. Very busy but grub was very good.

T,

Yes, very good indeed. Well worth a visit.

• Advertisement

Since the recession kicked in I havent gone out to lunch much.

I used to like Dawsons up stairs in Heatons but they closed for a few months last year and I havent been back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement