Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I didn't hear there was on! I can't see it mentioned in the entertainment brochure.

Somebody in work said it to me, also it says it here under Street entertainment
    http://www.roseoftralee.ie/about-us/planning-your-visit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I don't really like shopping in Lifestyle sports in town, I find it really cluttered & far too small, they can't stock half the amount of stuff as Manor. Its a pity they haven't more space, or even found a bigger store in the town centre. Their Manor store is really good and they do feet analysis for people who run etc. I'm not mad about Elvery's as a sports shop in general. I don't think they don't have as good a range as Lifestyle do. I don't really go into Hennebery's either, I usually forget when looking for sports gear, but I find them a little too expensive too. But fair play to Hennebery's for still being in business, not easy with bigger stores like Lifestyle to compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Does anyone here work for or know anybody working for Lee Strand? Just wondering if they are hiring and what sort of company they are to work for. Could you PM me if you know please? I know someone qualified in that area who is looking for a new job.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Can anyone tell me if there are stalls selling stuff at the festival? Looking for something in particular (crafty/leather goods stall) and regretting I didn't pick it up at last festival I was at. I've never seen stalls at the Festival. If there are any where do they set up? Thanks for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Aimeee wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there are stalls selling stuff at the festival? Looking for something in particular (crafty/leather goods stall) and regretting I didn't pick it up at last festival I was at. I've never seen stalls at the Festival. If there are any where do they set up? Thanks for any info.

According to their program, yes.

They are normally going down the length of Denny Street. Also possibly just inside the entrance of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

All the stalls are along Denny Street, there are some along the Mall and into the Square. I don't know if they do what you are looking for, but there are quite a lot of stalls so maybe there is.

anyone heading into town tonight?

I think its Nathan Carter playing tonight....no interest in him though, can't quite see the attraction! lol

I will probably be working for most of the festival, so no nights out for me, although I don't really mind, nothing much that I'm bothered about & I've no kids, so nothing to really go in for! I would love to be going to the Rose Ball tonight, its 15 years since I was there last! Not a ticket to be got apparently! My parents left it too late to organise any, so they are disappointed not to be there!

hope everyone has an enjoyable Rose of Tralee!! :)

This is brilliant thanks a million for replies. Will they be there tomorrow? If so that's my day out sorted. Fingers crossed. I'm only looking for one of those Peruvian blankets/aka Sherpa shawls for a friend. I got one as a present years ago and they are extremely warm and versatile! If anyone knows where I could get one in case I'm not lucky in Tralee I'd be delighted for any info.
    Must get myself a programme somewhere for parade info.

This is brilliant thanks a million for replies. Will they be there tomorrow? If so that's my day out sorted. Fingers crossed. I'm only looking for one of those Peruvian blankets/aka Sherpa shawls for a friend. I got one as a present years ago and they are extremely warm and versatile! If anyone knows where I could get one in case I'm not lucky in Tralee I'd be delighted for any info.

The stalls are there until Wednesday. The parade is tomorrow night,,Saturday, I think it starts around 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I walked through the stalls earlier and dont think there was any stall selling blankets or such, but I could have missed it too!
    Mostly food, a few clothes, and toys. Nice atmosphere around and weather is holding up okay.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Not good news for me then. I'll have a look over the weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

No. Big. Wheel.
    Festival ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

All the stalls are along Denny Street, there are some along the Mall and into the Square. I don't know if they do what you are looking for, but there are quite a lot of stalls so maybe there is.

I didn't see anything on the leather goods today. All food/tops/knick knacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Wishing everyone a wonderful 56 th Rose of Tralee Festival.

Wang King wrote: »
    No. Big. Wheel.
    Festival ruined!

what!? are you serious??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've got to say the town park was fabulous for kids today: sand pits, painting in a tent (great for the showers!), face painting, sand art, clay, an observatory yoke (no idea didnt go in 3 year old just wouldn't appreciate it), 5 bouncy castles for different age groups, a show with fairies singing frozen and happy... They loved it. The pet farm thing was probably the most disappointing: down to my own expectations really I didn't expect them to be in a caged trailer!

Think the Abu Dhabi rose was her favourite my little lady thought she was a princess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Wagon wheel still going?

On the 201st chorus :D

what!? are you serious??

Yep, no sign of it whatsoever :(

Wang King wrote: »
    Yep, no sign of it whatsoever :(

DAMN :( I didn't get time to go on it last year and I swore this year I was going to go on & get the hubby to take his camera for some good shots! bummer :(

kn wrote: »
    I didn't see anything on the leather goods today. All food/tops/knick knacks.

Thanks for that. Looks like my search will be continuing so.

• Advertisement

DAMN :( I didn't get time to go on it last year and I swore this year I was going to go on & get the hubby to take his camera for some good shots! bummer :(

I do that every year

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I don't really like shopping in Lifestyle sports in town, I find it really cluttered & far too small, they can't stock half the amount of stuff as Manor. Its a pity they haven't more space, or even found a bigger store in the town centre. Their Manor store is really good and they do feet analysis for people who run etc. I'm not mad about Elvery's as a sports shop in general. I don't think they don't have as good a range as Lifestyle do. I don't really go into Hennebery's either, I usually forget when looking for sports gear, but I find them a little too expensive too. But fair play to Hennebery's for still being in business, not easy with bigger stores like Lifestyle to compete with.

The 20% off all full-price goods for those of us on Three is a very good incentive for shopping in Elvery's I find! :D

Quackster wrote: »
    The 20% off all full-price goods for those of us on Three is a very good incentive for shopping in Elvery's I find! :D

I always forget about that discount!

There are 4 Sports Shops in Tralee, at least when I last visited. Why would a business person in Tralee promote or support Manor ????? This weekend is a great opportunity to promote Tralee.

Personally I have shopped in elverys for years, always found them very helpful, even brought in a pair of runners from a Mayo store for me as they didn't have my size in stock.
    Couldn't find fault with them at all personally

There are 4 Sports Shops in Tralee, at least when I last visited. Why would a business person in Tralee promote or support Manor ????? This weekend is a great opportunity to promote Tralee.

Last time I checked Manor is in Tralee!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Still searching for a man that was swept off the rocks in Kerryhead yesterday

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/search-for-missing-man-continues-off-north-kerry-coast/

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/search-for-missing-man-continues-off-north-kerry-coast/

I hadn't heard about that. That's very sad :(

Last time I checked Manor is in Tralee!

Oh dear, Think you have missed the point. As a business person in Tralee Town Centre, why would you promote Manor?

With four sports shops in Tralee Town Centre , guess Tralee Chamber would find it strange that you would promote & support Manor.

• Advertisement

Gosh, very sad indeed. Thoughts are with his family, loved ones and emergency services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement