Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Wang King wrote: »
    Personally I have shopped in elverys for years, always found them very helpful, even brought in a pair of runners from a Mayo store for me as they didn't have my size in stock.
    Couldn't find fault with them at all personally

Me too !
    Never an issue. Customer service always first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

A man was killed off his motorbike in Kerry today also. RIP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oh dear, Think you have missed the point. As a business person in Tralee Town Centre, why would you promote Manor?

With four sports shops in Tralee Town Centre , guess Tralee Chamber would find it strange that you would promote & support Manor.

why not? its still part of Tralee? I know people who own businesses in Manor, I shop in Manor...so no I haven't missed the point thanks! Manor is in Tralee, we should support all businesses in Tralee! They are not some secret organisation up in Manor! And the Chamber Alliance don't exclude Manor as part of Tralee or exclude them from the business retail side of Tralee. They are always supportive of the businesses in Manor, they promote them in fact! Why are you trying to exclude Manor as being part of Tralee retail? The retail park has been part of the town for over 10 years!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just realised I have an unused Lidl €10 off €50 spend voucher that expires tonight. Can be used in Lidl or Tesco. If any use to anyone, PM me. Am in Oakpark area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    why not? its still part of Tralee? I know people who own businesses in Manor, I shop in Manor...so no I haven't missed the point thanks! Manor is in Tralee, we should support all businesses in Tralee! They are not some secret organisation up in Manor! And the Chamber Alliance don't exclude Manor as part of Tralee or exclude them from the business retail side of Tralee. They are always supportive of the businesses in Manor, they promote them in fact! Why are you trying to exclude Manor as being part of Tralee retail? The retail park has been part of the town for over 10 years!

Delighted you have finally seen the light!

I have never had an issue with Manor!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I can hear Bon Jovee from my house :)

I can hear Bon Jovee from my house :)

I can hear it a bit too!
    How was town the past two nights? anyone been out & about?

The parade seemed ok, didn't get to see it all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You're making no sense, first you're giving out about her for promoting Manor instead of the centre of town..but now this is a good thing that she is? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

siblers wrote: »
    You're making no sense, first you're giving out about her for promoting Manor instead of the centre of town..but now this is a good thing that she is? :confused:

Wait til he thanks your post, then you'll be really confused.

I can hear it a bit too!
    How was town the past two nights? anyone been out & about?

The parade seemed ok, didn't get to see it all though.

I had a walk around last night after the parade. Good crowd in Denny St for the fireworks, but not a lot else happening
    Less stalls this year, was told quite a few are staying away because of the monies they have to pay, and pilfering.
    Today is family day, so will see what town is like and hope for better, may head down and give the 10k runners a bit of support

hopefully the rain stays away for the Air show! The current Rose of Tralee Maria is to do a tandem parachute jump & will land in the town park!

She did the 10k run today too! She's probably one of the most liked and memorable Roses we have had in years!

hopefully the rain stays away for the Air show! The current Rose of Tralee Maria is to do a tandem parachute jump & will land in the town park!

She did the 10k run today too! She's probably one of the most liked and memorable Roses we have had in years!

Yeah she got a huge cheer alright when she was finishing, weather seems a bit rough now though, only the Garda copter has been about from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

does anyone feel claustrophobic around the stalls, especially in the Mall? Costa could really do with taking away the outside tables and chairs for the few days - try pushing a buggy around there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

bobdcow wrote: »
    does anyone feel claustrophobic around the stalls, especially in the Mall? Costa could really do with taking away the outside tables and chairs for the few days - try pushing a buggy around there!

Not when there making money on them, they won't.

I presume there paying the council a massive wedge of money to have them there in the first place!

Not when there making money on them, they won't.

I presume there paying the council a massive wedge of money to have them there in the first place!

Yes indeed, they have to pay for that, so no way will they be taking them in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Is the disco in the dome much craic?

that was some rain shower today! The air show ended up being delayed for a good hour I would say? I caught a little bit of it from Denny street at about 6.30, looked good from what I saw.
    Thankfully the weather improved again after!

Is the disco in the dome much craic?

I haven't been in years, but it was always good fun and I know people still go there and say it still is a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Dressed upnor very casual

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

There's a bloody drone flying around up in the sky so there is! Massive thing. Wonder who's operating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Some people were claiming it was a plane but it had to be a drone going that slow. Seemed to be stuck on a loop over the Mitchel's area.

It's been reported its an isis suicide bomber.... It's looking for somewhere decent to bomb, hence its hovering over Mitchels for over an hour!
    :)

Dressed upnor very casual

bit of both, depends what you wear on a night out! The girls will be pretty dolled up really.

The_Mac wrote: »
    There's a bloody drone flying around up in the sky so there is! Massive thing. Wonder who's operating it.

someone said on facebook that is part of the air display from earlier today, they are putting on some sort of extra display.

someone said on facebook that is part of the air display from earlier today, they are putting on some sort of extra display.

That's possible, although if its the same one that was flying over Denny St last night as the Roses arrived on stage and during the fireworks, it belongs to Irish TV, they use it for all their aerial shots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It's been reported its an isis suicide bomber.... It's looking for somewhere decent to bomb, hence its hovering over Mitchels for over an hour!
    :)

All the good targets had long been bombed out in the Mitchel's by the pavees. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

bobdcow wrote: »

You know, I was just saying to the missus yesterday, it would have made a lot more sense to face the stalls into the road (Denny St), and have people just walk there since it is pedestrianised for the festival anyway. Everyone is jammed on to a crowded footpath, and there is a massive empty street behind it all.
    The_Mac wrote: »

I just saw two of them fly past by the technology park there. (Monday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Does anybody know what time they close off the town?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement