Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Apparently a convicted sex offender was living in a tent under a bridge in Tralee until a few days ago:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0816/721627-sex-offender-tralee-arrest/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Thanks for the replies but never again going to Rose festival really need a rethink of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thanks for the replies but never again going to Rose festival really need a rethink of it

Was it a bad night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

siblers wrote: »
    There wasn't a mention of the Meath rose on the lead up to the show then she sky rockets and becomes favourite out of nowhere!

Looking at her on the night she wasn't very impressive. She had a voice that could open your head and was more worried about her family and relations in the audience than what daithi was asking her. Of course she came complete with a sob story making it look like X factor.

Was it a bad night out?

The town was very rough and young no garda presence.After 9 the atmospherr got very edgy saw tourists and families just leaving.We went to the dome and it was a teenage disco and we are 23 24 25

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was working last night (and all festival) and didn't hear any reports of any problems. The Gardai even had very few public order arrests.
    Everyone I spoke to seemed to be enjoying it. Very mixed ages too.
    They must be doing something right if it's been running for 56 years! The music entertainment could do with improving though!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I was working last night (and all festival) and didn't hear any reports of any problems. The Gardai even had very few public order arrests.
    They must be doing something right if it's been running for 56 years! The music entertainment could do with improving though!

Next year they are saying they are going to go for bigger acts

Was the wristband a success I wonder?

Im not saying to to over dramatic or down the town just thought it was awful.Didnt see trouble but didnt hang around the square after 10 scumbags and drunk kids everywhere
    We prob should have gone to the pipe band but was 10 euro in and wasnt sure would we enjoy it maybe put one of cover bands on the stage for free

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Friday night was the roughest I've seen the festival for years..even the few guards I spoke to on the Saturday night admitted that. The Sunday night was no better and the problem this year is that it spilled into alot of the estates in town.

Nathan Carter for one should be banned for life..Saturday night was the only night that seemed to have a nice crowd around inside and outside the bars..I didn't bother last night as I was sick to the back teeth of it

Oh no wait...I forgot that Saturday night was pick pocket night. A lot of people got stung in the bars that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sully34 wrote: »
    Oh no wait...I forgot that Saturday night was pick pocket night. A lot of people got stung in the pubs that night

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Have to say i was a bit taken back by the 32 arrests over the weekend.
    Seems the festival itself went well but clearly this is of concern.
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/thirty-two-public-order-arrests-in-tralee-over-festival-weekend/

Deffo more guards needed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Have to say i was a bit taken back by the 32 arrests over the weekend.
    Seems the festival itself went well but clearly this is of concern.
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/thirty-two-public-order-arrests-in-tralee-over-festival-weekend/

it seems to have been mostly drunk & disorderly stuff though, which obviously isn't good of course. I did hear there was bit of trouble at Nathan Carter on the Friday night. And I agree with Sully, they need to stop bringing this guy to the festival, its been about 3 years in a row now! Cringeworthy music at its best, and attracts a bit of a dodgy crowd!

Next year they are saying they are going to go for bigger acts

Was the wristband a success I wonder?

I didn't hear how that wristband ticketing went. I didn't notice anyone wearing the wristbands either. Hopefully they will improve on the acts for next year!

Here is an idea...Kodaline, Imelda May, Bellx1, Delorentos, O Emperor, The Coronas..just to name a few. All Irish and surely approachable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

it seems to have been mostly drunk & disorderly stuff though, which obviously isn't good of course. I did hear there was bit of trouble at Nathan Carter on the Friday night. And I agree with Sully, they need to stop bringing this guy to the festival, its been about 3 years in a row now! Cringeworthy music at its best, and attracts a bit of a dodgy crowd!

+1000000

If anyone involved in the festival committee happens to be reading this, I think I speak for everyone in Tralee when I say: ENOUGH WITH THE FCUKING SCOUSE COWBOY :rolleyes:

Here is an idea...Kodaline, Imelda May, Bellx1, Delorentos, O Emperor, The Coronas..just to name a few. All Irish and surely approachable

Why don't people start emailing in suggestions of what they would like to see next year? I for one will be doing that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Sure I remember the Coronas played a few years ago.

bit of an update on the pot belly pigs in Ballyseedy....one has been put down according to their FB page!

you'll need to scroll down their page to see the post
    https://www.facebook.com/ballyseedyhomegarden?fref=nf

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Friday night was the roughest I've seen the festival for years..even the few guards I spoke to on the Saturday night admitted that. The Sunday night was no better and the problem this year is that it spilled into alot of the estates in town.

Nathan Carter for one should be banned for life..Saturday night was the only night that seemed to have a nice crowd around inside and outside the bars..I didn't bother last night as I was sick to the back teeth of it

And the party carried on into listowel aswell, a few houses destroyed in the early hours of Monday morning. Windows and cars smashed up.

I cant see what it does for the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I cant see what it does for the town

Hotels, b&b's, bars, restaurants, takeaways make money, keeps people employed and they jn turn spend in other businesses in town.
    I'm no fan of the festival, but I see it as a necessary evil if you will

Offies must do very well

The_Mac wrote: »
    Sure I remember the Coronas played a few years ago.

yeah, about 3 years in a row I think!

Offies must do very well

All shops, bars, hotels etc in the town do well, it brings in an estimated €7m to the local economy. Its not something we would like to loose!

If there are going to be changes next year I would suggest they start with that Festival commitee

I heard Damien Dempsey sound check on Monday and the sound in Denny St was amazing..but then they go and put him on at 8:30

Killarney tried to hold a music festival this year,I think there is an opening there for it and Tralee should drive it on and hold a similar event to what was planned in Killarney this year

As you said keep it all Irish acts.

Billy-Horan-Fireworks.jpg

Class picture

• Advertisement

Killarney tried to hold a music festival this year,I think there is an opening there for it and Tralee should drive it on and hold a similar event to what was planned in Killarney this year

As you said keep it all Irish acts.

Yeah they almost pulled it off too..Always thought Austin Stacks park would make a great venue for a 3 day concert..try and attract one or two big bands. Free up Denny St for the people to watch bands also. Get the taxis out of the mall and get the chip wagons back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement