Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Lecky gone on the East side of Town at least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    Lecky gone on the East side of Town at least.

its gone in town centre (definitely Boherbee/JJ Sheehy Road/edward st), and seems to be up as far as Applegreen service station, but then house lights seem to be on in Oakpark, but no street lights until you get to Spar, Oakpark. We are living in Oakpark and are fine. Folks live in Ballyard and have electricity.

Lecky out all over town till at least 2am according to someone who called the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lecky out all over town till at least 2am according to someone who called the ESB.

yeah, they are saying its Ballybeggan area, but we live very close to Ballybeggan & ours is fine! apart from street lights in Oakpark, houses seem to have electricity. Must be more the town centre area.

https://twitter.com/ESBNetworks/status/635930569969410048

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

According to esb check, it started about 12 mins ago! And it's due back at 3am

Wang King wrote: »
    According to esb check, it started about 12 mins ago! And it's due back at 3am

is yours back on? a lot of people on FB are saying different parts are back on

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    is yours back on? a lot of people on FB are saying different parts are back on

No, still out here, almost 90 mins now.

No, still out here, almost 90 mins now.

PM me if it comes back on, need to go back to work! could be a very late one :(

If I'm awake, but its supposed to be nearly 3 am , if its beforehand I'll give you a shout

• Advertisement

If I'm awake, but its supposed to be nearly 3 am , if its beforehand I'll give you a shout

yeah, don't worry otherwise! thanks :)

Been back on in the Mitchel's area for the last half hour.

Been back on in the Mitchel's area for the last half hour.

Parts of it anyway ;)

Parts of it anyway ;)

The China Town enclave still out then? :)

The China Town enclave still out then? :)

Feck off
    ;)

Street lights are back anyway

Street lights are back anyway

someone said Boherbee back! hopefully!

someone said Boherbee back! hopefully!

I'm not anyways

I'm not anyways

oh really? hopefully won't be much longer!

it was after 1am before the electricity came back on! Wonder what caused it?

• Advertisement

Nice compilation of old photo's from the Kennelly archives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7neWIGxS8M&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

we were out for about an hour and a half, the kiddies were scared but had great fun playing with the torch :-)

a guy was arrested in the attempted robbery of Spar.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/22-year-old-tralee-man-armed-with-a-knife-charged-with-attempted-robbery/

Hussey's shop in Prince's Street also had an attempted robbery, but the shop assistant wouldn't hand over the money! Fair play to her, I know if it was me I probably would be the same!
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/another-tralee-shopkeeper-subjected-to-terrifying-burglary-attempt/

Turns out to be the same guy did both ATTEMPTED robberies. He has address in the Market Street apartments. He must be going for the Guinness Book of Records for least successful criminal. He was on bail when he from the first offence when he attempted the second. He was remanded in custody.

Turns out to be the same guy did both ATTEMPTED robberies. He has address in the Market Street apartments. He must be going for the Guinness Book of Records for least successful criminal. He was on bail when he from the first offence when he attempted the second. He was remanded in custody.

I had a feeling it was the same guy, it sounded so similar! Apparently Hynes shop in Shanakil and Leahy's pharmacy were also targeted. Not sure if its connected, but bit of a coincidence! Stupid git!

I had a feeling it was the same guy, it sounded so similar! Apparently Hynes shop in Shanakil and Leahy's pharmacy were also targeted. Not sure if its connected, but bit of a coincidence! Stupid git!

Think your iPad swapped "g" for "sh" there

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dublin Coach are launching new scheduled bus services from Dublin/Limerick to Tralee and Killarney from Friday:

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M7-bus-ennis-tralee-killarney-limerick-dublin-city.php

Comprehensive timetable including late-night/early-morning services and a simple pricing structure that will deservidly kick Bus Eireann in the balls!! B-)

Tralee/Killarney to Limerick: €10 each way.
    Tralee/Killarney to Dublin: €20 each way.

Bus will run direct from Limerick with only a stop in Adare. None of this Bus Eireann nonsense of going around the world and taking two hours in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's even better than that. I read in the news that he had been wearing a balaclava, so I was curious as to how he was identified so quickly. I asked a staff member.

She said he was not wearing a balaclava, he tried to conceal his identity by wearing a pair of boxer shorts on his head covering his face. His face was so visible through the leg hole that he was easily identified.

Our criminal of the year was also using a pair of socks as gloves.

oeb wrote: »
    It's even better than that. I read in the news that he had been wearing a balaclava, so I was curious as to how he was identified so quickly. I asked a staff member.

She said he was not wearing a balaclava, he tried to conceal his identity by wearing a pair of boxer shorts on his head covering his face. His face was so visible through the leg hole that he was easily identified.

Our criminal of the year was also using a pair of socks as gloves.

that's actually hilarious! what a dope! :D

Quackster wrote: »
    Dublin Coach are launching new scheduled bus services from Dublin/Limerick to Tralee and Killarney from Friday:

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M7-bus-ennis-tralee-killarney-limerick-dublin-city.php

Comprehensive timetable including late-night/early-morning services and a simple pricing structure that will deservidly kick Bus Eireann in the balls!! B-)

Tralee/Killarney to Limerick: €10 each way.
    Tralee/Killarney to Dublin: €20 each way.

Bus will run direct from Limerick with only a stop in Adare. None of this Bus Eireann nonsense of going around the world and taking two hours in the process!
    Great. Bus Eireann badly needed competition - their fares have gotten out of control over the last few years. If only someone would enter the Tralee/Killarney/Cork market it would be fantastic.

PS it looks really good for Dublin Airport services in particular. 4.5 hours Tralee to Dublin Airport (change at Red Cow Luas). Now that is a service!! You can leave on the Tralee 1am and get to the Airport for the early departures at 5.30am and there is one leaving the Airport after 11pm that arrives in Tralee at 3.40am - eliminating all need for overnight accommodation in Dublin.

Getting from Hueston to the Airport is a nightmare.

• Advertisement

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/prime-tralee-town-centre-site-bought-by-multi-national-supermarket-chain/

I am assuming this is Lidl. M&S could hardly be described as multi-national.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement