Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

The fun police have rolled into town :pac:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

316 wrote: »
    The fun police have rolled into town :pac:

Well I'd rather be an honest fool than a thieving scumbag.

But each to their own. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Your right there :rolleyes: did I do the smiley ok? :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Quackster wrote: »
    Well I'd rather be an honest fool than a thieving scumbag.

But each to their own. ;)

Have you paid your water bill?
    :):):)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wang King wrote: »
    Have you paid your water bill?
    :):):)

Actually I have! Considering all the things that are really wrong with this country and need fixing pronto, I don't see any logic for making such noise over such a comparatively trivial matter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was watching a movie about James Brown on Sky tonight and it reminded me of when he played here for the festival in 1999. Its a pity there doesn't seem to be any sort of video recordings of it online. I remember being there, and being amazed at how James Brown was in Tralee! Great concert!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

does anyone remember where Fullers Lounge was on Castle street? I saw this Tralee Newsletter from 1971/72 shared on FB tonight and it has an ad for this bar. I was going to say I can't remember where it was, but seeing as I wasn't even born its not surprising!
    11988300_10153568286379378_2394251776241710237_n.jpg?oh=a9d81431f06a2497ef42c315a63d28c0&oe=5660B567

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

Fullers Lounge was where Hennessy's in now as far as i remember that is a long time ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

homerzero wrote: »
    Fullers Lounge was where Hennessy's in now as far as i remember that is a long time ago now

Absolutely correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Lads this is going way off topic! The original post regarding the refugee collection was to inform people of the local collection points, not to have a discussion on the refugee crisis. There is another forum for that, so take it there please.
    MOD

If you think that's bad, wait until the Lyon's vs Barry's debate kicks off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

If you think that's bad, wait until the Lyon's vs Barry's debate kicks off :pac:

Gway with that weak piss Barrys they call tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

The_Mac wrote: »
    Gway with that weak piss Barrys they call tea.

I'm a Mcgrath's man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    Watch the for sale signs in the area go up by the dozen in the months ahead.

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Wang King wrote: »
    Planning permission has been granted for the proposed mosque without a call to prayer speaker system

Seanie Kelliher better be careful

http://www.rt.com/news/315082-crane-collapses-mecca-mosque/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

amadain wrote: »

I didn't think karma was a part of Islam...

In any case I heard one of them on Radio Kerry during the week and there appears to be a question mark over funding the whole thing and considering oil and gas prices are in the crapper Saudi are going to be drastically cutting their spending but as they are unlikely to cut spending on social welfare and public sector pay its grants for these kinds of projects that will get the chop.

Apparently there is a burst water pipe on the Dan Spring road & the water is off in the town centre, including Boherbee. There are possibly other areas so let us know if you are affected. We seem to be fine in Oakpark.
    Could be a few hours before water is restored.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Apparently there is a burst water pipe on the Dan Spring road & the water is off in the town centre, including Boherbee. There are possibly other areas so let us know if you are affected. We seem to be fine in Oakpark.
    Could be a few hours before water is restored.

Yeah, just home after a walk and in need of a shower, radio Kerry were saying 6-8 hours

Water is back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Shocking loss of life.

there was a bad car crash in Tonevane this evening. I have heard that one person has sadly died, but I am not sure of that. Nothing on Radio Kerry to confirm it. Hopefully no one has died.
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/two-people-injured-following-crash-at-tonevane-near-blennerville/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

kn wrote: »
    I didn't think karma was a part of Islam...

In any case I heard one of them on Radio Kerry during the week and there appears to be a question mark over funding the whole thing and considering oil and gas prices are in the crapper Saudi are going to be drastically cutting their spending but as they are unlikely to cut spending on social welfare and public sector pay. Its grants for these kinds of projects that will get the chop.

What grants are available for MOSQUEs ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mrs B has to go down to Tralee next Sunday for a hospital appointment. Can't drive, no car. Train was 6 hours from here. Flying was the wrong time. Thanks for the post above about the green bus. That's a great job. Coming home on Monday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I wondered the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I wondered the same.

I took that to mean grants and sponsorships from Saudi Arabian interests.

beertons wrote: »
    Mrs B has to go down to Tralee next Sunday for a hospital appointment. Can't drive, no car. Train was 6 hours from here. Flying was the wrong time. Thanks for the post above about the green bus. That's a great job. Coming home on Monday too.

I'd say they will be busy for the All-Ireland too! Good service!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

20 quid to the red cow, then the luas in. That's for nothing. It's 60 odd for the train. It's 35 for the bus up to croker, and you have to wait on lads that went to the pub. And the 40 odd minute stop in Tipp for grub. You'd barely see the credits for the Sunday game by the time you're home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

From the Saudis, UAE and Qatar.

thankfully no one was killed in that accident in Tonevane yesterday evening. And thankfully that rain has eased off now! I didn't come accross any flooding, but I didn't venture too far either! Anyone affected by it?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Our place had a fair bit of water in it when I was down, up in UCC now and by god if it rained I'd say 3 hours longer the riverbanks would've burst. It's almost up to the top of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Great to see a Food Festival taking place in Tralee this weekend. I picked up a leaflet and the Taste Trail looks very appealing. Seafood & Venison Sliders in Mozart's, Annascaul sausage on mash in the Imperial, Smoked Seafood hotpot in DB's, Fish Goujons and Chips in Quinlan's, Beef & Guinness stew in the Abbey plus other delicacies in the Square. Sounds Great especially at only €2 each.
    It opens on Friday with Seafood taster plate (€5) and Jazz in the Imperial at 6pm.
    Craft Beer trail as well for those interested.
    I hope it goes well for them is well supported and becomes an annual event.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement