Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    They had a 3 DAY closure, its not for something as simple as that! They call to you once, give you a list of things that they want done/rectified, they call again, if those things aren't done, its either they give you another chance or that's it, immediate closure and a fine. Believe me, they don't close you for 3 days for a fire door being blocked!

I meant it could be anything, people always assume the worst in these cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I meant it could be anything, people always assume the worst in these cases.

I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I would have thought its fairly clear cut, they were closed by the Food Safety Authority

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The reports are all online.

It was to do with their " control of foodstuffs" which would be keeping foods at certain temperatures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone free for a bit of chit chat!?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ie not giving your customers food poisoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Anyone free for a bit of chit chat!?

Read the thread title!!;):P

Surprised alright that this place got shut down as it gave off a good impression outside of the kitchen! You never know what's going on behind the scenes!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Stonehouse restaurant have issued a statement on their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/stonehouse.tralee/posts/485859324920046?fref=nf

for anyone who can't access the link, below is the statement from the Stonehouse:

"Statement from the Management and Staff of The Stonehouse Restaurant

On September 30th 2015 the HSE issued a closure Order (Official Control of Foodstuffs Regulations 2010) on our Restaurant. This order was lifted the following day.
    The main contributing factor to the closure order was that our menu was too large for the size of the Kitchen. The HSE visited us in December 2014 and subsequently asked us to reduce our menu.
    As of September 30th 2015 we had not complied and the closure order was issued. In addition we had to repaint our kitchen floor with a special two part epoxy paint which required two coats of paint over two days.
    We have strived to provide food to the highest standard with as much variety as possible since we opened and we will continue to do so but with a refined menu in the future."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The Stonehouse restaurant have issued a statement on their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/stonehouse.tralee/posts/485859324920046?fref=nf

The HSE can close you because they think you offer too many items on your menu? That does not seem right, I would be interested to see where that is legislated for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

oeb wrote: »
    The HSE can close you because they think you offer too many items on your menu? That does not seem right, I would be interested to see where that is legislated for.

yeah, that's strange one alright. Unless it means that they would have to have too much food on the premises, and not adequate storage facilities etc.

And they claim the order was lifted after a day but that they closed 2 more days to paint. But it says on the Food safety site that the closure order was made on the 30th Sept & lifted on the 2nd Oct!?

Its not a nice thing to happen to a business, no one wants to see places close and I know they are trying to put customer's minds at ease and not loose anyone, but their statement doesn't really ring true to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I see the sports grants were announced today

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/e950000-allocated-to-kerry-sports-clubs/

Kerry ETB got 90k

What sporting facilities does Kerry ETB have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

yeah, that's strange one alright. Unless it means that they would have to have too much food on the premises, and not adequate storage facilities etc.

And they claim the order was lifted after a day but that they closed 2 more days to paint. But it says on the Food safety site that the closure order was made on the 30th Sept & lifted on the 2nd Oct!?

Its not a nice thing to happen to a business, no one wants to see places close and I know they are trying to put customer's minds at ease and not loose anyone, but their statement doesn't really ring true to me.

You're entitled to contact fsai and verify that if you wish

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    You're entitled to contact fsai and verify that if you wish

I don't particularly feel the need to, just saying I thought it sounds a bit odd.

I see the sports grants were announced today

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/e950000-allocated-to-kerry-sports-clubs/

Kerry ETB got 90k

What sporting facilities does Kerry ETB have?

well done to the Austin Stacks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Do we get a shiny new thread now that we are over 10,000 posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Do we get a shiny new thread now that we are over 10,000 posts?

If it wasn't for the culling and cutting over the last few years by over zealous mods it would now be 100k......or thereabouts :)

kn wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the culling and cutting over the last few years by over zealous mods it would now be 100k......or thereabouts :)

Before my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone know where you can get orange builders cord in Tralee?
    image_20534.jpg

xxyyzz wrote: »
    image_20534.jpg

Kellihers??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Can anyone recommend a nice airy venue near tralee, be it a cafe or rental space, that could be used for a family gathering. a kids play area would be great. A bar is not needed (or particularly wanted). Food can be brought in if necessary. I'm not looking for much at all! :)
    The hotels aren't very inspiring so I'm hoping that a boardsie can recommend a hidden gem!
    Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

snoopy12 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a nice airy venue near tralee, be it a cafe or rental space, that could be used for a family gathering. a kids play area would be great. A bar is not needed (or particularly wanted). Food can be brought in if necessary. I'm not looking for much at all! :)
    The hotels aren't very inspiring so I'm hoping that a boardsie can recommend a hidden gem!
    Tia
    Ballyseedy garden center maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

xxyyzz wrote: »
    image_20534.jpg

Boyles hardware up in clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Iceland are opening November 25th.

Tia

Ballyseedy Garden centre would be ideal! It has an outdoor and indoor play area for kids and loads of space! Lovely food and surroundings. It can be busy at weekends, so bear that in mind, but they do have plenty of seating in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Tia

If you wanted it to be a private venue Nana Beas in Castleisland do that and it is lovely and very good food.
    It is near the new Library and has car parking . I would call it a hidden gem !

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Builders line will be in any hardware shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I thought the Food Festival in Tralee the other week was very good esp. for the first one. Its a pity Tralee doesn't have a festival or event every couple of weeks like they seem to have in Killarney. Does any one know if anything else is coming up in the near future. I have some family planning a visit and it would be great if something was on in the town.
    I hear great reports about Coaststeering going on in North Kerry but don't know if I would fancy jumping into the sea from a height at this time of year! Maybe I will pluck up the courage as it does sound like fun. Anyone any idea
    on price?

Was reading there that Killarney had another successful adventure race last weekend, 2500 took part in it,Dingle holds one as well during the summer,its a pity Tralee doesn't have one at some stage of the year,

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Coasteering could be pretty decent. I wouldn't mind a bit of that myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I think the Killarney Adventure race have a great "system" They run 1 in March(ish) and another in October, but here is the great thing - the medal you get get in March is missing a piece, and you win that piece in October to complete your medal, :-) I'd love to do it sometime - there is a race for beginners up to elite people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement