Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see there is work going on in the old petrol station next to Spar in Caherslee!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

I've been told Spar are moving in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone know what's happening outside Ballygarry? There seems to be a lot of construction work going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happening outside Ballygarry? There seems to be a lot of construction work going on there.

They got permission for an extension I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I wonder is it promoted enough? I haven't seen or heard much about it. I'd worry they don't promote it outside of Kerry & rely too much on locals hearing about it etc.

Siamsa had Declan O'Rourke, Damien Dempsey & someone from the Dubliners playing last weekend and only for my parents going to it, I wouldn't have even known about it. These things just don't seem to be made known enough!

Its in all the papers and free issues, plus they have road signs up. Seen a few posters as well. So I think they are doing their best. Dont know what they are doing outside of Tralee but would imagine the budget won't allow for much. It a pity its not well supported as its a great event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Are any of the folks here web developers? Specificially php, but open to input from anyone. I'm thinking of trying to set up a phpug (php users group) or something similar. The aim would be for the members to benifit from the experience of others through skill sharing and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I'm a developer. Very seldom work in php tho . I've created a few plugins for the Moodle php based learning system tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm a developer. Very seldom work in php tho . I've created a few plugins for the Moodle php based learning system tho.

TBH, most developers that I come across around here are jack of all trades anyway so it's unlikely that it would be strictly php only. Is a phpug or something similar something you would be interested in attending?

^^^ anyone else getting turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement

Oooh, that's not going to end well,

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

oeb wrote:
    TBH, most developers that I come across around here are jack of all trades anyway so it's unlikely that it would be strictly php only. Is a phpug or something similar something you would be interested in attending?

I don't think i have the time to actually attended anything . I really like the idea of it tho ..

Anyone that's interested, the museum are doing their annual Halloween haunting tour at the moment...... Well worth a look, lots of scared adults, nevermind children! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Anyone that's interested, the museum are doing their annual Halloween haunting tour at the moment...... Well worth a look, lots of scared adults, nevermind children! :)

Good to hear its worth going to! I might have to bring my nephew with me!

Did anyone go out to Knocknagoshel?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Must say we had a brilliant time at the Aqua Dome yesterday. Spent around 3 hours in there and had a ball especially racing on the flume ride - Kids loved it. We were absolutely famished when we got out! Luckily my mother had a Roast dinner waiting for us - Great!
    Walk on the beach today - Quality family time.

Tralee Tourism in the 1960's! a very modern town apparently :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=g4GzdI5GKaw

Tralee Tourism in the 1960's! a very modern town apparently :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=g4GzdI5GKaw

What was it like back then nan?

A Christmas market is planned from December 17th to the 23rd, sounds lovely!
    http://tralee.ie/events-list/christmas-spraoi-in-tralee-christmas-food-craft-market

kimbaines wrote: »
    Must say we had a brilliant time at the Aqua Dome yesterday. Spent around 3 hours in there and had a ball especially racing on the flume ride - Kids loved it. We were absolutely famished when we got out! Luckily my mother had a Roast dinner waiting for us - Great!

It's a great amenity! I have been going swimming there the past few weeks! I haven't used the gym yet but I hope to soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

A Christmas market is planned from December 17th to the 23rd, sounds lovely!
    http://tralee.ie/events-list/christmas-spraoi-in-tralee-christmas-food-craft-market

"if you haven’t made it, you can’t sell it"

That rules out any lads chancing the arm trying to flog cheap stuff off Ebay

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When did Del close his account?

beertons wrote: »
    When did Del close his account?

didn't know he had....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

"if you haven’t made it, you can’t sell it"

That rules out any lads chancing the arm trying to flog cheap stuff off Ebay

or any of the usual pound shop tat which the Square stalls usually seem to sell!! Great idea and will add to the festive atmosphere. The ones in Dublin are real crowd drawers and the atmosphere is magic! Let's hope it's replicated in Tralee.

ongarboy wrote: »
    or any of the usual pound shop tat which the Square stalls usually seem to sell!! Great idea and will add to the festive atmosphere. The ones in Dublin are real crowd drawers and the atmosphere is magic! Let's hope it's replicated in Tralee.

yeah its a great idea, I hope they organise it well. It will be lovely if they have stalls selling hot chocolate etc. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

mmmm wonder if they will use those lovely wooden stall/huts that the council spent a fortune on a few xmas's back, or would that make too much sense ?
    yeah its a great idea, I hope they organise it well. It will be lovely if they have stalls selling hot chocolate etc. Looking forward to it :)

the manager of Ballyroe hotel is taking up a new role in Fels Point

http://traleetoday.ie/new-manager-at-fels-point/

Has anyone had a coffee from Amaretto in Ashe Street yet? I started getting take-away coffee from there recently and its really good. They have a great range of different types of coffee beans which you can buy and have it ground there too.
    Lovely Lithuanian ladies running the place. Its a nice change from Costa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Has anyone had a coffee from Amaretto in Ashe Street yet?

I'm working my way through the varieties, at least 40 available. :eek:
    Can only try 2 per visit :rolleyes: otherwise I'd be vibrating so much they might put me in a straight jacket.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

dohouch wrote: »
    I'm working my way through the varieties, at least 40 available. :eek:
    Can only try 2 per visit :rolleyes: otherwise I'd be vibrating so much they might put me in a straight jacket.

I am not a big enough coffee drinker to try anything other than a latte or cappuccino! It's a great idea though and I hope they are successful. One of the owners is part owner of Hercules gym in monavelley too.

I would love to try different types of coffee, but I'm not even meant to be drinking caffeine at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

kimbaines wrote: »

As been stated many times before, its overpriced. Spent 30 mins max in water with my 3 year old and it cost me €21.50 for the privilege early on last Sunday morning just after opening time.. Younger children do love going there but can't stay in water as long as older children due to getting cold. The aqua dome could introduce a reduced rate for a set time period for younger folk, they might get more through the doors… I paid the same as a father and son who could have stayed for 3 hours..
    Rant over..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement