Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Craigels wrote: »
    Hey looking for some advice.

I'm working in tralee city centre and usually commute from limerick every day but over Christmas my hours have increased a lot so I'm looking for long stay b and b that would offer me a special rate for staying 4 nights a week between now and January.

Any ideas who would offer this? Thanks for your help in advance.

There's the Whitehouse accommodation in Boherbee. Its up the laneway off Boherbee into Slatt's carpark. I don't think they do food or anything, but I know they do very reasonable rates and have people staying there short and longterm. Its worth checking out if you don't want to spend much in that time.
    Their number is 087 2237371

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Why not try The Tralee Town Centre Apartments as well

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Wonder what part of the "city" centre he's working in - North or South-side (anything north or south of the first traffic lights in Tralee).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

amadain wrote: »
    Wonder what part of the "city" centre he's working in - North or South-side (anything north or south of the first traffic lights in Tralee).

Hes in East Tra-Lí essay, as long as he stays away from west Lí he be ok homes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Craigels wrote: »
    Hey looking for some advice.

I'm working in tralee city centre and usually commute from limerick every day but over Christmas my hours have increased a lot so I'm looking for long stay b and b that would offer me a special rate for staying 4 nights a week between now and January.

Any ideas who would offer this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Try the ex-Westward Court now the Tralee Holiday Accommodation hostel on Mary Street (opposite the Car Park across from the small Tesco). It has single rooms. Ask Matt to quote you - I'm sure Matt will do you a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It looks like that traditional sweet shop on the corner of Ashe Street is going to reopen. Its being repainted inside & out at the moment!

Soprano's in Castle street has closed, again, and is reopening under 'new management' soon. There's a Kebab sign after replacing Sopranos!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Driving up Caherslee this evening I notice the formerly 'Tarrants' shop and petrol station is open after its refurbishment.
    Apparently its the people that run the spar next door that have taken it over.
    Good to see life there again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It looks like that traditional sweet shop on the corner of Ashe Street is going to reopen. Its being repainted inside & out at the moment!

Soprano's in Castle street has closed, again, and is reopening under 'new management' soon. There's a Kebab sign after replacing Sopranos!

From what I heard of Sopranos it was awful. My friend said he nearly got food poisoning from it one night
    Driving up Caherslee this evening I notice the formerly 'Tarrants' shop and petrol station is open after its refurbishment.

They still have the off licence that the old Spar next door had too.

will Spar be moving into that building & leaving where they are? or keeping both open?

Iceland is opening tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

will Spar be moving into that building & leaving where they are? or keeping both open?

The petrol station shop is actually a Spar. The other one is closed. It's all the same stuff the Spar had in there.

The_Mac wrote: »
    The petrol station shop is actually a Spar. The other one is closed. It's all the same stuff the Spar had in there.

oh right, I didn't realise they were moving premises. I wonder how long that place will lie empty now?

Iceland is opening tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

Do they have any opening specials?

kn wrote: »
    Do they have any opening specials?

there's something in the Kerry's eye with their offers

Aquadome are doing half-price memberships this Friday. So €200 instead of €400 for the annual adult membership €150 instead of €300 for the concession membership students/OAPs/unemployed and €375 instead of €750 for the annual family membership. I think it also applies across their membership tariffs including 1 and 3 month etc if the annual one does not suit.

I heard they were closing it. Not sure if they were renting 'talbots' or owned it.
    If they were renting it surely there is a chance someone else will open it as a shop again. If they own it, I guess they will use it as a storeroom etc.

That place seems to close and re-open 'under new management' about every 6 months!

PS there is no point opening a Kebab place there with Kaleli Kebab's across the road. Their Donor at €7 is a full meal.

I heard they were closing it. Not sure if they were renting 'talbots' or owned it.
    If they were renting it surely there is a chance someone else will open it as a shop again. If they own it, I guess they will use it as a storeroom etc.

was told this evening that they were only leasing where they were & have bought the petrol station, so they are gone out of the place next to it now.

was told this evening that they were only leasing where they were & have bought the petrol station, so they are gone out of the place next to it now.

That makes sense alright, hard to see the old place staying idle though, its a fine roomy shop really and the two shops survived there for years in the past

That makes sense alright, hard to see the old place staying idle though, its a fine roomy shop really and the two shops survived there for years in the past

it maybe snapped up fairly fast, you'd never know what might go in there. More than likely another convenience shop to compete!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

The_Mac wrote: »
    From what I heard of Sopranos it was awful. My friend said he nearly got food poisoning from it one night

They still have the off licence that the old Spar next door had too.

How can you nearly get food poisoning? Did your friend almost lick the windows on his bus?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Lidl submitted their planning application for a new store on Edward St today.

Quackster wrote: »
    Lidl submitted their planning application for a new store on Edward St today.

where did you see that? is there any link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

where did you see that? is there any link to it?

http://traleetoday.ie/supermarket-chain-applies-for-planning-permission-for-new-town-centre-store/

Your slipping up :)

thanks! I am feeling too ill today to pay attention! :o

the traffic where Lidl is going will be nuts! As it is Edward street is a bottle neck with how narrow it is with cars parked on either side. There is no feeder light to turn right onto JJ Sheehy road from Edward st., so you can easily get stuck at the lights, or have to take a risk & go through a red light. Its the busiest junction in town and now they are sticking another supermarket down there!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

the traffic where Lidl is going will be nuts! As it is Edward street is a bottle neck with how narrow it is with cars parked on either side. There is no feeder light to turn right onto JJ Sheehy road from Edward st., so you can easily get stuck at the lights, or have to take a risk & go through a red light. Its the busiest junction in town and now they are sticking another supermarket down there!

Must have a look at the plans but I imagine there will be access via Slatts car park.

Quackster wrote: »
    Must have a look at the plans but I imagine there will be access via Slatts car park.

Can't see that being a goer with the single vehicle access from Boherbee at present. Could only work if the Boherbee access was eliminated with access from JJ Sheehy Road only.

I had heard slats car park was to be redeveloped, and something done to the narrow lane way onto Boherbee. I'm not sure, but I think the empty house on the corner of the lane entrance may be demolished to make a wider entrance. It's ages since I heard that so not sure how true it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    I had heard slats car park was to be redeveloped, and something done to the narrow lane way onto Boherbee. I'm not sure, but I think the empty house on the corner of the lane entrance may be demolished to make a wider entrance. It's ages since I heard that so not sure how true it is.

That house is due to be demolished alright . The moved the occupiers across the street. It was supposed to be demolished almost 2 years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement