Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

oeb wrote: »
    I have no idea, but it's murder on the traffic going towards Oakpark. A decent amount of people turning left on to Oakpark take that road, which eases the traffic on Killeen Road. Since they blocked that off, Killeen has been at a standstill nearly to the school every morning.

I know, I got caught there for ages in the afternoon last week! The lights there don't stay green long enough either so that's not helping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

A lot of clowns take that road to turn right out onto main road... It tends to be a worse bottleneck than the road at the lights ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

has anyone noticed the little slim bollard type things in the middle of the road at Fairies Cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Driving home this evening I saw an ambulance up at the bypass roundabout near the college and a mangled bike. Hopefully nobody was too badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Drove by there myself at 5.30 and didn't see anything up that direction ... That's a dodgy roundabout at the best of times

• Advertisement

It was around 8:40 it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed the little slim bollard type things in the middle of the road at Fairies Cross?

I did. Wondered what their purpose was. Is it to prevent overtaking?

ongarboy wrote: »

was thinking the same, can't think of any other reason! They don't appear to be very visible at night though.

RTE film of the 50th anniversary march of 1916 with the people of Tralee marching to the Ash Memorial Hall - no sound unfortunately

https://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1993-easter-1916/2769-events-of-easter-week-1966-in-colour/689745-tralee-remembers-the-easter-rising/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

RTE film of the 50th anniversary march of 1916 with the people of Tralee marching to the Ash Memorial Hall - no sound unfortunately

https://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1993-easter-1916/2769-events-of-easter-week-1966-in-colour/689745-tralee-remembers-the-easter-rising/

That's because they were marching very quietly so the British wouldn't hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was to Macroom for Fair Day and got soaked to the skin..

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

ongarboy wrote: »

There is a school warden crossing here.I think the purpose is to stop traffic breaking from one to two lanes until further down towards town -hence safer crossing for schoolchildren

reports of The Stationhouse reopening next year. I thought the plan was to make it into a few commercial units, doesn't seem like this is the case now!

http://traleetoday.ie/reports-that-blennerville-pubrestaurant-to-reopen-next-year/

reports of The Stationhouse reopening next year. I thought the plan was to make it into a few commercial units, doesn't seem like this is the case now!

http://traleetoday.ie/reports-that-blennerville-pubrestaurant-to-reopen-next-year/

The guy who is reported to be opening it owns Tomasíns back in Stradbally. He opened that as a chinese restaurant as far as I know, I wonder will he do the same with the station house?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

xxyyzz wrote: »
    The guy who is reported to be opening it owns Tomasíns back in Stradbally. He opened that as a chinese restaurant as far as I know, I wonder will he do the same with the station house?

He used work in Stoker's Lodge, real nice guy, hope it does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is there any such thing happening for feeding the homeless on Christmas day anyone know?

Is there any such thing happening for feeding the homeless on Christmas day anyone know?

I think there's a soup kitchen but where it is or when it's on I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

They won't last long.

They won't last long.

That's what I was thinking. Just wait till you see a few flattened! They need to make them more visible at night too, very poor reflection at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I think there's a soup kitchen but where it is or when it's on I don't know.

Lady I know in the US leaves early for work each day, taking sandwiches and coffee and sits and chats with rough sleepers a while. Would be good to see folk taking the initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are the shops open late on the 24th ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are the shops open late on the 24th ?

No, most try to shut before 6 if possible, you know to spend time with their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    No, most try to shut before 6 if possible, you know to spend time with their families.

Oh ya. Will every shop be open during the day tho

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=will+every+shop+in+Tralee+be+open+Christmas+eve+

:)

All shops in Tralee will be open Christmas Eve. Many will start closing from 5pm.

Here's some info on that soup kitchen. It doesn't look like its on Christmas day however.
    http://traleetoday.ie/soup-kitchen-welcomes-in-over-150-people-for-christmas-dinner/

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Anyone know if there will be any taxi service running Xmas night/St Stephens morning

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Does anyone know what time the Christmas swim is on in fenit and is parking usually desperate? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

http://traleebayswimming.com/

you should get most of the info there - it starts at 12 and says that 800 swimmers will be there and approx 2000 cheering them on, so parking may be an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Does anyone know if Higgins waste is open tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement