Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

g1983d wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Higgins waste is open tomorrow

I just checked their website and they are closing their yard at 12pm tomorrow (Christmas eve)

http://www.higginswaste.com/webclient/news/christmas-wheelie-bin-collections-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

tfer wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be any taxi service running Xmas night/St Stephens morning
    Yeah taxi's run St Stephen's day but it might be individuals on the street rather than the cab companies that you can call up and order.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Lads ye'd want to google half the stuff before ye ask it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Another Christmas Eve question. Google didn't help. Anyone know what time the shops in Manor West like Debenhams, etc, close tomorrow at?!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The_Mac wrote: »
    Lads ye'd want to google half the stuff before ye ask it here.

people are entitled to ask questions about local things on here, that's what the board is for.

• Advertisement

I'm only saying that some of these questions can be answered quicker for people if they google them themselves.

Anyone know if there will be any taxi service running Xmas night/St Stephens morning

There are cabs running Christmas day/night etc 24/7 cabs would be one of them as far as I know.
    ph: 087 9721000

I'm only saying that some of these questions can be answered quicker for people if they google them themselves.

maybe it would, but please don't put people off posting by commenting on what they are posting about. Back seat moderating and all that! MOD

Don't think my post would put people off but right so

angeline wrote: »
    Another Christmas Eve question. Google didn't help. Anyone know what time the shops in Manor West like Debenhams, etc, close tomorrow at?!!

pretty sure they are open until 6pm.

• Advertisement

Don't think my post would put people off but right so

you'd be surprised. By commenting on what people are asking and telling them to google it, would put someone off as they would be worried someone would moan at them for asking....

Sure if they couldn't find it on google then they'd ask here, that's the whole point of google-before-you-ask. It saves time for the person asking too.

Sure if they couldn't find it on google then they'd ask here, that's the whole point of google-before-you-ask. It saves time for the person asking too.

why are you so bothered by it? let them ask what they want, its not up to you what people ask on here so just get over it!
    maybe you should have a read of the forum charter if you aren't sure what Boards.ie is about!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167649

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Try Hailo. Download it and see if any are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Happy Christmas folks,have a good one.

beertons wrote: »
    Try Hailo. Download it and see if any are around.

I didn't realise that worked in Tralee, I thought it was a Dublin thing. Good to know!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    pretty sure they are open until 6pm.

Tesco in Manor is open until 7pm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I didn't realise that worked in Tralee, I thought it was a Dublin thing. Good to know!

Don't shoot me now if it doesn't work. I did it in Naas the other night. Was great craic looking at the map, wondering which road he was going to take and a big cheer when he arrived. Yeah, I know, but we only meet up once a year.

Merry Christmas Tralee 'rs.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

beertons wrote: »
    Don't shoot me now if it doesn't work. I did it in Naas the other night. Was great craic looking at the map, wondering which road he was going to take and a big cheer when he arrived. Yeah, I know, but we only meet up once a year.

Merry Christmas Tralee 'rs.

I used Hailo in Tralee Stephen's night last year. Chap said he was the only taxi in Tralee signed up at that time. I assume there are more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Happy Christmas Lads and Lassies - hope ye have a wonderful day :-)

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to you all! enjoy :)

Tralee's New Years Eve Fireworks Display - Denny Street from 7pm on Thursday 31st Dec. Fireworks will be launched at 7.20pm sharp. Road closure in effect from 4pm.

Was there any reason given to move them away from Manor this year? I found Manor to be excellent, the kiddies could run around in safety with their friends, plenty of space to move about and a great view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

bobdcow wrote: »
    Was there any reason given to move them away from Manor this year? I found Manor to be excellent, the kiddies could run around in safety with their friends, plenty of space to move about and a great view.

I'd imagine the town centre ratepayers resented it going out to Manor.

kn wrote: »
    I'd imagine the town centre ratepayers resented it going out to Manor.

it also means more people who are in the town will get to see the fireworks

'tis a pity, was chatting to a few friends with children there and there is no absolute "Yes we will go and see them this year" because they are in Denny St, it's not the best view - think over by Siamsa Tíre gives a great view when the fireworks are in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

it also means more people who are in the town will get to see the fireworks

are the shops open in town that late?
    its too early for the drinkers to be bothered about fireworks
    if the view was better in manor, why the change?
    just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I would presume that since its the chamber alliance who are organising it, and that 90% of their members are based in the town centre and are locally owned business, its only right that it should be at the very least alternated yearly.
    No reason not to have it in town really

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can anyone recommend a taxi service that would bring 2 folk from Tralee to Listowel tonight?

• Advertisement

Yakult wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a taxi service that would bring 2 folk from Tralee to Listowel tonight?

try 24/7 cabs 087 9721000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement