Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I've never been to Landers since they moved from Courthouse lane! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I've never been to Landers since they moved from Courthouse lane! :)

don't think I have been either!
    I'm not an outdoors activities type person so I've no reason really to go in there!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    don't think I have been either!
    I'm not an outdoors activities type person so I've no reason really to go in there!

I used to fish a little....but then I got married....and that was that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I love that shop. Always drop in for a nosebag when I'm down. Bought a few things too, hiking boots and socks. The rest of the stuff is off the list though, canoe, spray deck and the like. They have great jackets too. Tog 24 is closer to me up here though, so it gets more of my business.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

that Traditional Sweet shop on the corner of Ashe Street has closed down...again. It seems to have open reopened for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

that Traditional Sweet shop on the corner of Ashe Street has closed down...again. It seems to have open reopened for Christmas.

You would wonder what they do with the stock, unless they have another shop elsewhere. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

OMG - the kiddies will be devestated, I've been promising them a trip there since the day it re-opened, the little lad will be heart broken :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

In other shop news, that jewellery shop that opened where Clearys used to be seemed to do very good business over Christmas. They even got some of my cash for Alex and Ani bracelets.

In other shop news, that jewellery shop that opened where Clearys used to be seemed to do very good business over Christmas. They even got some of my cash for Alex and Ani bracelets.

I haven't had a proper look but they seem to have some lovely stuff.

You would wonder what they do with the stock, unless they have another shop elsewhere. :confused:

All the stock was boxed up when I passed today. Wonder what they'll do with it. They had the place really well stocked when I popped in a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Did ye ever see they used to sell Lucky Charms for like €9 a box in there? Way too expensive so it was, hopefully someone won't try to open it again as in the end it just doesn't get the business.

It was only meant to be a pop up shop for the month unfortunately.

I called into Iceland today to get a few bits and bought my Barry's bread there, a lot of the products have the £ prices on them and Euro price on the shelf, but I thought it was a nice gesture to have some (very) small local produce there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

Was Kerry's Eye published last week?

Radio5 wrote: »
    Was Kerry's Eye published last week?

No, never published the week after Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    It was only meant to be a pop up shop for the month unfortunately.
    I saw a guy loading boxes of sweets into the boot of a Mercedes over the weekend as I drove by.

T.

Does anyone who visits the General hospital know where it is ok to park away from the hospital carpark to avoid the ridiculous charges? We had a long appointment there today and its insane how much it costs. Not only that, but there's no ATM in there, no card machine in coffee shop or shop, so you can't buy something & get cashback.

We walked over to Kellihers garage and got cash, which isn't too far so its fine. Next time we don't want to have to park in the hospital, so not sure where is ok to park, without affecting residents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Does anyone who visits the General hospital know where it is ok to park away from the hospital carpark to avoid the ridiculous charges? We had a long appointment there today and its insane how much it costs. Not only that, but there's no ATM in there, no card machine in coffee shop or shop, so you can't buy something & get cashback.

We walked over to Kellihers garage and got cash, which isn't too far so its fine. Next time we don't want to have to park in the hospital, so not sure where is ok to park, without affecting residents etc.

I'd say the closest without upsetting residents is the car park of the grave yard?

BPKS wrote: »
    I'd say the closest without upsetting residents is the car park of the grave yard?

that's what we were thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

that's what we were thinking!

Kerry County Council, Aldi or even Manor's overflow carpark beside McDonald's are also options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ah lads come on its a bit early for this

http://traleetoday.ie/50213-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Hopefully they'll have some good act here now that it's a week long, last few years haven't been great for bands playing on Denny Street, unless you're into X Factor boyband/girlbands

The_Mac wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll have some good act here now that it's a week long, last few years haven't been great for bands playing on Denny Street, unless you're into X Factor boyband/girlbands

and they are not even winners of the xfactor, or bands who have even released much! Painful and a waste of money getting them! I really hope they have a rethink of the music line up this year. The year they had The Stunning playing (3 years ago?) was the best they had for years, and I really thought they were after improving it, but then it went back to the usual again!

Graveyard is perfect, plenty of parking, safe, bothering no one, very close and a 5 min walk, manor, Aldi are just too far when the graveyard is so close

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The graveyard car park is often full, if you go right at the roundabout (instead of left for the hospital) there's a very small parking area on the left hand side, there's usually a free spot there.

thanks! We had thought about the graveyard area, but we were in too much of a rush this morning to find somewhere. Next time we'll know better :)

You mean a courthouse.... full of drunks, thieves, wasters..... and that's just the solicitors, nevermind their bastard clients is full of cig butts and coffee cups, awww, poor judgey wudgey...... A show up the hole is what he wants....and to be instructed to use his poor box donations to go to flood relief and problems closer to hand, not international charities..... Muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

He is not effective as a judge.
    Doesen't give a damn and loves non custodial or poor box options.
    He is the cause of a lot of the problems,if people respected and feared him they would not be yapping away in court.

• Advertisement

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    He really is a idiot,Completely boring and useless as a judge.
    Doesen't give a damn and loves non custodial or poor box options.
    He is the cause of a lot of the problems,if people respected and feared him they would not be yapping away in court.

there was a case in the paper before Christmas of a guy who had burgled a load of houses in Kileen woods, and there were stolen goods in his possession etc. He was out on bail and due to appear after Christmas. Heard yesterday that he got off very lightly! Its a joke and no wonder the same guys are in & out of prison (within a day at times) and doing what they please around the town. They know there are no consequences so they do not care.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement