Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yippee!, another 2 euro shop in Tralee.Lets jump around and get excited.Six or seven new jobs, what a great boost to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

Lelantos wrote: »
    What about the brothels? Where are they going to go?
    Obviously they could use the chairs, couches and mattresses that the junkies aren't using! Jeez! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Lelantos wrote: »
    No upset caused sweetie, just wish people who complained constantly on internet fora would actually get a little pro active & deliver their observations & proposed solutions to the proper parties, could alleviate the repetitive strain from all the typing too!
    Nothing worse than people coming on here complaining about people complaining

geewhizz wrote: »
    Population of tralee 23000 approx amount of people giving the town a bad name 60 approx
    What the ****? And you know all of them by name I take it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yippee!, another 2 euro shop in Tralee.Lets jump around and get excited.Six or seven new jobs, what a great boost to the town.

Its a €1.49 shop - not a €2 shop I'll have you know......or am I just being a bit too pedantic? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Why the **** is everyone so bloody menstrual lately?, A fella posts a comment about the population count of Tralee and people freak out. Get a grip for christ sake, nothing worse than keyboard warriors making a big song and dance about fucccccck all.

If you don't agree with someone fair enough, but there is no need for half the ****e said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    Nothing worse than people coming on here complaining about people complaining

Ipso facto ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Fair point. If every business could add 6 or 7 new jobs, that would help enormously. Dealz better known as Poundland in the UK may lead the way for other UK retailers opening in Tralee.
    Whether they are from the UK or Dublin they are welcome to Tralee if they can boost employment and fill the vacant units in town , ultimately creating a spin off for every business in town.
    Let us not trample on green shoots!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Hi lads, am heading paintballing on Saturday if anyone would like a few hours entertainment your more than welcome to come, it's in Tralee so if you want to pm me I can give you details

We live with unprecedented economic meltdown in our lives. Is it possible to use this Thread to boost the fortune of Tralee ? Instead of Tralee bashing, can we try and turn negatives into positives.
    We report regularly on the opening of new coffee shops, which I personally enjoy, however the opening of Dealz gets a lukewarm reaction.?
    Besides the opening of new businesses, there must be lots of other positive things happening too, whether they may be the opening of a Charity shop, or Tidy Streets group.
    It is incumbent on everyone to sell Tralee both inside the town and to outsiders, what better way than through this forum.
    Wealth does not stop at money but includes cultural, mental and physical well being too.
    There are lots of great things happening in Tralee, sadly they never get reported. We are all human, and it is very easy to get hung up on the negatives rather than promoting the positives. I am guilty too!
    People in Tralee have lots to offer,they come from different backgrounds, culturally, spiritually, politically etc. the time has arrived to pull together and get Tralee moving again.:)

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    Hi lads, am heading paintballing on Saturday if anyone would like a few hours entertainment your more than welcome to come, it's in Tralee so if you want to pm me I can give you details

Wow !Brilliant idea. Exactly what is needed here , a bit of fun and a meet up.
    Thank you for the invitation .
    Would love to join you, unfortunately I am out of the country.
    Have a great day on Saturday.
    Hope to hear how the event goes.
    Best regards,
    Sincerely.:)
    C'mon Boardsies if you are available, give it a try!

bobdcow wrote: »
    Wow !Brilliant idea. Exactly what is needed here , a bit of fun and a meet up.
    Thank you for the invitation .
    Would love to join you, unfortunately I am out of the country.
    Have a great day on Saturday.
    Hope to hear how the event goes.
    Best regards,
    Sincerely.:)
    C'mon Boardsies if you are available, give it a try!
    Dodged a bullet there pal

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

If ya look at the local court transcripts and those printed in the Kerry's eye it's always the same names who are up in court or various offences....it's a pity in irland we don't have a 3 strikes and ur out system as every town in Ireland Lund be relatively crime free within a year and all the left wing do gooders could all go join the tidy towns committes as the would have burger all else to do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was cool to hear the saxophone busker in town during the week,brought a bit of music to the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

All the footage looks quite resent to me, which bits are you referring to ?

I liked the bit talking about community in the town over laid with Manor West's 'Community starts here' banner.
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    interesting!
    Looks like he used a lot of old footage, it seems to be from where the Tralee Wetlands is now, but before it was developed, so it looks like baron land! Then there's more up-to-date stuff with Lee records closed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

3 cocktails for €12 at the Scabbey Inn. Valid until July 24th between 5-10.30pm.

http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/abbey-inn-2?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »
    3 cocktails for €12 at the Scabbey Inn. Valid until July 24th between 5-10.30pm.

http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/abbey-inn-2?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

Live Bands?? Been a long time since there was a live band in The Abbey

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kingdumb wrote: »
    All the footage looks quite resent to me, which bits are you referring to ?

I liked the bit talking about community in the town over laid with Manor West's 'Community starts here' banner.

I just thought the footage where it showed what looked to be the land out the Blennerville road...but I thought it looked like it was from before it was turned into the Wetlands. I am originally from Ballyard, and there's a little bridge in that footage, which used to be the old Ballyard bridge that you would drive over, but now there is a wider road (for many years now). I just though from looking at it, it was that bridge, but I could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi, I'm wondering does anyone know of someone in town who fixes GHD hair straighteners? Please & thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

The only bridge I can see there [well apart from B'ville bridge] is the one that crosses to the old dump. The vantage point looks like it is from the observation tower, which of course would cause one to question what TCC thinks tourists will part with hard earned cash to 'observe' ‽
    If you are into goat watching there is no better place !
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I just thought the footage where it showed what looked to be the land out the Blennerville road...but I thought it looked like it was from before it was turned into the Wetlands. I am originally from Ballyard, and there's a little bridge in that footage, which used to be the old Ballyard bridge that you would drive over, but now there is a wider road (for many years now). I just though from looking at it, it was that bridge, but I could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Anyone receiving the efibre broadband yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Anyone receiving the efibre broadband yet?

Nope, from what I read they need to install a new box where your phone line is and you get a new router. I haven't called them about it yet as my contract is up next month and I'm hoping to get a few quid off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'll be having it installed in the morning.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'll be having it installed in the morning.
    Did you call them up after you got the letter Adiboo?

Did you call them up after you got the letter Adiboo?

No, they rang me and halved my monthly bill.

Adiboo wrote: »
    No, they rang me and halved my monthly bill.
    Very nice! Let us know what kind of improvement you get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'm still waiting for them to ring me with an appointment, looking forward what people have to say about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

How broad will the rollout be outside of the town precinct does anyone know?

I know some people who can't even get wireless

Got it installed this morning. This is the speed I am currently getting now.

2736303023.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Looks good, what were the advertised speeds?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement