Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I graduated from a science diploma course in Tralee in 1998.
    We had a some lectures in kerryman building.
    All our labs were upstairs in main building.
    I loved being in college there and can't believe how much bigger it is now. I'm told I would not know the place.
    Best of luck to all and great news on the university status

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It changed from Tralee RTC to the ITT while I was there, I think that was in 1997/98. I have been meaning to go into the new campus for a look for years now! The computer labs are meant to be great too. I did business & IT and we were always fighting to get into the labs because they were overcrowded and not enough for us, it was a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

At least now nobody will accidentally try to shorten it to TIT. :pac:

Great for Tralee, and it's about time they linked up with Cork IT, hopefully collaboration between the two will bring a more to the region in terms of jobs.

The Government should apply some tax incentives to industries who set up here next. No point in having all these well qualified boys and girls and nowhere to go but Sydney !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

At least now nobody will accidentally try to shorten it to TIT. :pac:

!

Ha I'll have you know I marched against that you know - ITT all the way :)
    We took choosing that particular acronym very seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

esprimo wrote: »
    Any exciting ideas for the Bank Holiday around Tralee or Kerry even?
    I'm heading down to Tralee tomorrow for the weekend, any suggestions on where to go for me dinner. I was thinking of Spa Seafoods at some stage, should I ring and book it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm heading down to Tralee tomorrow for the weekend, any suggestions on where to go for me dinner. I was thinking of Spa Seafoods at some stage, should I ring and book it

definitely go there, its fantastic! I would advise booking a table, especially as its a bank holiday! Try & book a table near the window for a fantastic view :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm heading down tomorrow eve too, heard it's kinda overcast. There's goes the swim.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    definitely go there, its fantastic! I would advise booking a table, especially as its a bank holiday! Try & book a table near the window for a fantastic view :)
    Drooling just looking at the menu.

beertons wrote: »
    I'm heading down tomorrow eve too, heard it's kinda overcast. There's goes the swim.

the weather hasn't been as good as other parts of the country, but its meant to be a nice weekend!
    Temperatures don't seem to be going up much though, still only in low to mid teens!
    As long as its dry I'll be happy lol

beertons wrote: »
    Ah feck, I'm after packing the sun tan lotion and the summer gúnas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The new 'Tralee' Kerry County Council area is a 9 seater that will stretch from Derrymore out to the Cork border. The rural area to the East of Tralee will elect 2/3 Cllrs leaving Tralee Town will circa 6/7 Cllrs to elect. Town Council is abolished.

This is going to be one hell of a dogfight with I'd imagine a lot of Independents getting in on the act with the big Independent vote in the polls.

I think Del should put himself forward and us boardises will be his campaign team! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »
    The new 'Tralee' Kerry County Council area is a 9 seater that will stretch from Derrymore out to the Cork border. The rural area to the East of Tralee will elect 2/3 Cllrs leaving Tralee Town will circa 6/7 Cllrs to elect. Town Council is abolished.

This is going to be one hell of a dogfight with I'd imagine a lot of Independents getting in on the act with the big Independent vote in the polls.

I think Del should put himself forward and us boardises will be his campaign team! :)

What's his Political agenda?

Vote Del NO.1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

delboards_zpsba3030bc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

esprimo wrote: »
    Any exciting ideas for the Bank Holiday around Tralee or Kerry even?

Although its not in Tralee: I'll be heading out to the Bee For Battens Family Fun Day tomorrow (Saturday) being held in 'The Kerry Way' out the other side of Killarney. Free entry, entertainment, grub...sounds good to me & should keep kids occupied as well as supporting a great cause! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

delboards_zpsba3030bc.jpg

A week in Spain trying to sort the Spanish economy and this happens.

I am unlikely to get a vote as dog catcher.!

My political Agenda is very clear, teas coffee, sticky buns all free on Tuesdays. Should help bring a crowd of shoppers into town:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

The real question is, will you tarmac my road Del?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Didn't know he was a traveller!

How long is your road Boss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

where would one pick up work pants in Tralee like snickers? But cheaper ones, have snickers already but find them too heavy for summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Was in Listowel yesterday and there was a great crowd back there for writers week. In Killarney today and there was a fantastic atmosphere back there. Drove through Tralee a while ago and I could swear I saw some guy come out of Raja's with a bag of chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    Was in Listowel yesterday and there was a great crowd back there for writers week. In Killarney today and there was a fantastic atmosphere back there. Drove through Tralee a while ago and I could swear I saw some guy come out of Raja's with a bag of chips

Big weekend last week in Tralee, was organized so as not to coincide with Listowel

Lelantos wrote: »
    Big weekend last week in Tralee, was organized so as not to coincide with Listowel
    Must have missed all that. What actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Vain wrote: »
    where would one pick up work pants in Tralee like snickers? But cheaper ones, have snickers already but find them too heavy for summer!

urban ware its called i think between the court house and the multi story car park, they sell cargo pants with knee pads for 30euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Drove through Tralee a while ago and I could swear I saw some guy come out of Raja's with a bag of chips
    Consumer demand is igniting in Tralee!! Del will delighted with this 'great news'!! :P

kn wrote: »
    Consumer demand is igniting in Tralee!! Del will delighted with this 'great news'!! :P

Free tea , coffee and sticky buns on Tuesdays, definitely the way forward !

When is the Council election again ?:D

Interesting, I was in Tralee yesterday afternoon, there was a cycle race on. Looked like pretty serious stuff to me.:)

I see the tourist kiosk went up in the Mall!

I also spotted a couple of new businesses are opening. Benetton is opening in the Square, beside Subway. I know they have been in Shaws for a while, but I think they are moving out of there.
    There is also a Nail Bar opening in Castle st, on the corner of Moyderwell (used to be a computer shop). Not sure how much in demand a nail bar will be as there are so many beauticians in the town, but good luck to them! Still, its good to see new businesses opening. Apparently the town centre businesses have noticed things picking up in town, so hopefully it just gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The kiosk was being built Saturday morning, passed by it today about 5 and there were tourists talking to the man in the kiosk, it's a great addition to the town.

Did you see where Tralee was nominated in the final 50 for some award that recognises the way a town comes together to help tourism.

Interesting, I was in Tralee yesterday afternoon, there was a cycle race on. Looked like pretty serious stuff to me.:)
    Probably cycling to Killarney!!

• Advertisement

Passed that tourist kiosk today and the man was pointing a whole load of tourists onto the Killarney road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement