Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    Passed that tourist kiosk today and the man was pointing a whole load of tourists onto the Killarney road

Best place for those tight arsed germans. May ve have 2 of your finest coca cola's and 22 straws bitte

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ya it sickens me that they come over here with their 'sensible attitude to drink' why can't they get rat arsed like we do ?
    Lelantos wrote: »
    Best place for those tight arsed germans. May ve have 2 of your finest coca cola's and 22 straws bitte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ya coming over here setting up companys like Liebherr!

Pffftttt. Down with that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

kingdumb wrote: »

interesting idea... although the idea of spending so much dosh on stickers a bit hard to swallow. Instead lick of paint, council mower & loads of weedkiller might do more good to be honest! Plus (as mentioned before) it might keep some CE/internship scheme workers employed for 6 months? Improve profile/approaches to the town, reskill & provide a bit of hope to some few.....
    Where does Senator Del stand on this issue? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Danae1 wrote: »
    interesting idea... although the idea of spending so much dosh on stickers a bit hard to swallow. Instead lick of paint, council mower & loads of weedkiller might do more good to be honest! Plus (as mentioned before) it might keep some CE/internship scheme workers employed for 6 months? Improve profile/approaches to the town, reskill & provide a bit of hope to some few.....
    Where does Senator Del stand on this issue? ;)

Oh thank you. Councillor to Senator in less than a week! That must be a first.;)
    Easy fixes, simple solutions ,can produce great results. Definitely anything that improves the profile is a positive move.

jos28 wrote: »
    Drooling just looking at the menu.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to Spa Seafoods.
    I am dining there tomorrow!:)

Passed that tourist kiosk today and the man was pointing a whole load of tourists onto the Killarney road

Think you we're seeing things? Perhaps you are suffering from a touch of sun stroke:confused:

kingdumb wrote: »
    Ya it sickens me that they come over here with their 'sensible attitude to drink' why can't they get rat arsed like we do ?

Excuse me ,ahem! For the record ,I have never been rat arsed in my life.

Excuse me ,ahem! For the record ,I have never been rat arsed in my life.

Ah, I was taking the mick in my post & he took the mick out of mine.
    Have you ever been squiffy perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Teileen

I recently found an item of jewellery in Ard na li.....if anyone has lost something/or knows someone who has
    pm me please

Teileen wrote: »
    I recently found an item of jewellery in Ard na li.....if anyone has lost something/or knows someone who has
    pm me please

Or better still, hand it into the garda station as most people check there for lost propety, not twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Cost Plus Sofas are closing down much of their network. Their Tralee outlet down by Tesco isn't there that long. I wonder is it for the chop?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Think you we're seeing things? Perhaps you are suffering from a touch of sun stroke:confused:
    I could have fully blown delirium pal, still dont change the fact that Tralee is a ****hole

Any idea whats moving into the old Centra shop in Spa rd? Word is Gala but word also is Methadone Clinic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Any idea whats moving into the old Centra shop in Spa rd? Word is Gala but word also is Methadone Clinic
    Do you write all your own material or do you have someone to write it for you?

Do you write all your own material or do you have someone to write it for you?
    You asking me or him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I could have fully blown delirium pal, still dont change the fact that Tralee is a ****hole

That's not a very nice thing to say in the Tralee forum . Tralee isn't that bad , you probably need to move on and take your attitude with you :mad:

That's not a very nice thing to say in the Tralee forum . Tralee isn't that bad , you probably need to move on and take your attitude with you :mad:
    Okay thanks for the advice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

beertons wrote: »
    I'm heading down tomorrow eve too, heard it's kinda overcast. There's goes the swim.

Well the weather was great the whole way down, road was fairly busy but still managed a 3 hour spin. Saturday was really nice, took a spin down to Castle and the Maharees and it was much warmer. Beaches busy. They're just the right distance away from the mountains not to get loads of rain. Sunday was misty up until about 2, didn't get a whole lot done, and headed back up at 6 that evening. Beat all the traffic too. Didn't venture out to any of the pubs, made it to mass on Sunday though. Renting a chalet for a week in Camp in mid July, hoping for the same kind of weather!

• Advertisement

Took a lovely Summers day walk today up through the beautiful Castle St and onto the breathtaking Boherbee,its like your in another Country. Made my way around the boarded up roundabout and down the John Joe Sheehy Road all the time taking in the beautiful sight of the wonderfull empty Centre point building. I skipped down Edward St and was tempted to nip into the marvelous Osborne for a tipple with the friendly locals but decided not to dilly dally as I wanted to catch the sun going down over the fabulous Bridge St in all its glory. Its great to be alive.

Either way you're sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Took a lovely Summers day walk today up through the beautiful Castle St and onto the breathtaking Boherbee,its like your in another Country. Made my way around the boarded up roundabout and down the John Joe Sheehy Road all the time taking in the beautiful sight of the wonderfull empty Centre point building. I skipped down Edward St and was tempted to nip into the marvelous Osborne for a tipple with the friendly locals but decided not to dilly dally as I wanted to catch the sun going down over the fabulous Bridge St in all its glory. Its great to be alive.

The frequency and repetition of your posts in this thread are quite interesting. For someone who hates Tralee so much, I wonder why you frequent this thread so often. Surely, if you despise Tralee and everything about it, the last thing you would want to do is remind yourself of it by constantly coming to this thread? Sounds like a bit of a perverse or contradictory love/hate relationship going on!

Btw, that is not to say that opinions expressing disappointment, criticism, anger or frustration about something Tralee related are not welcome on this thread (I'm sure we all have had some negative experience with Tralee) but as long as they can be backed up with factual evidence and even some constructive comments about how you think such issues/problems etc can/should be overcome then such moaning or derogatory posts come across as lazy armchair whinging or worse, trolling, and the impact of them decreases the more they're posted along with the credibility of the poster.

PS, life is too short, if you are so miserable living in Tralee, up sticks and move somewhere where you can be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Obvious troll is obvious.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Perhaps it is the stress of doing the Leaving Cert. Don't be too hard on Mr Sully, I am sure he will be more positive once the exams are over:)

You asking me or him?

Who is him?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Either way you're sorted

Sorry but can someone explain to me why its not ok to say something negative about the town but implying someone is a drug addict is fine?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Sorry but can someone explain to me why its not ok to say something negative about the town but implying someone is a drug addict is fine?

I never implied he was a drug addict, I implied if it's a methadone clinic he has something more to add to his list of moans about Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I never implied he was a drug addict, I implied if it's a methadone clinic he has something more to add to his list of moans about Tralee

As if. You said "either way, you're sorted" so why would they be moaning if there was a Gala going in there?

• Advertisement

pookiesboo wrote: »
    As if. You said "either way, you're sorted" so why would they be moaning if there was a Gala going in there?

Didn't say he was moaning, he's against the buns & coffee brigade, so a nice chicken roll in the morn would be right up his alley no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement