Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Lelantos wrote: »
    I never implied he was a drug addict, I implied if it's a methadone clinic he has something more to add to his list of moans about Tralee

Didn't say he was moaning, he's against the buns & coffee brigade, so a nice chicken roll in the morn would be right up his alley no?

You just said he was moaning?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

pookiesboo wrote: »
    [/B]

You just said he was moaning?!

Not About the gala, you really need to keep up. I type on a Nokia phone, I can't be filling in plot & subtext for ya,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Not About the gala, you really need to keep up. I type on a Nokia phone, I can't be filling in plot & subtext for ya,

Jeez you must have some phonebill. Seriously you need to lighten up. If someone says something unkind about Tralee its nothing personal against you. :)

On another note I heard that gala/methadone clinic rumour too, but hopefully that, a rumour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Jeez you must have some phonebill. Seriously you need to lighten up. If someone says something unkind about Tralee its nothing personal against you. :)

On another note I heard that gala/methadone clinic rumour too, but hopefully that, a rumour

The problem i think is he's only saying the negative comments to get a rise!

Its working.

Look at he's posting history, about 95% in the tralee forum slating the place.

Anyway, I've just landed in Eurodisney. 26 degrees and a 6 year old rearing for road. I'm out of here!

Methadone is dispensed thru certain chemists in town, that won't be changing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Plus I can't imagine that the residents of Spa Road/Balloonagh would be too happy, or allow, a methadone clinic to open on their doorstep either. I thought someone mentioned here a couple of weeks ago that it was reopening as a shop?

Anyway, we are being spoiled yet again with another fab day here! I love being in Tralee in this weather. I lived in Dublin for years and I HATED it when it was like this, I used to get so homesick. There are not many nice places to go in weather like this, you have to travel quite far to get a decent beach! You can go around Killiney/Dalkey area, but they get even more packed than Banna does! We are spoiled here with the amount of beaches we have so close by. Love it!! :)
    (although saying that, I am stuck in work and no idea when I'll get to the beach! lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

kn wrote: »
    Cost Plus Sofas are closing down much of their network. Their Tralee outlet down by Tesco isn't there that long. I wonder is it for the chop?

Just passed there and its gone alright. it's a pity to have such a big unit empty in town but they make it as difficult as possible to buy furniture from them. I tried to get some stuff off them and it was ten weeks delivery time, I eventually ended up going to the place opposite casements avenue and got it the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Okay now I get the jist of this forum. Its okay to personally attack and bully someone but dont bad mouth the town

Either way you're sorted
    So now Im a drug addict,nice

ongarboy wrote: »
    The frequency and repetition of your posts in this thread are quite interesting. For someone who hates Tralee so much, I wonder why you frequent this thread so often. Surely, if you despise Tralee and everything about it, the last thing you would want to do is remind yourself of it by constantly coming to this thread? Sounds like a bit of a perverse or contradictory love/hate relationship going on!

Btw, that is not to say that opinions expressing disappointment, criticism, anger or frustration about something Tralee related are not welcome on this thread (I'm sure we all have had some negative experience with Tralee) but as long as they can be backed up with factual evidence and even some constructive comments about how you think such issues/problems etc can/should be overcome then such moaning or derogatory posts come across as lazy armchair whinging or worse, trolling, and the impact of them decreases the more they're posted along with the credibility of the poster.

PS, life is too short, if you are so miserable living in Tralee, up sticks and move somewhere where you can be happier!
    Who is to say I even live in Tralee anymore

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    So now Im a drug addict,nice

Never said you're a drug addict, but you already knew that

Who is to say I even live in Tralee anymore

Why? Couldn't find a bridge Mr Obvious?

Why? Couldn't find a bridge Mr Obvious?

You have a lot of anger in you my friend, maybe I just seem to rub you up the wrong way.

You have a lot of anger in you my friend, maybe I just seem to rub you up the wrong way.

No anger in me sweetie, I am one with the universe. Namaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Teileen wrote: »
    I recently found an item of jewellery in Ard na li.....if anyone has lost something/or knows someone who has
    pm me please
    There is a Tralee Lost & Found Facebook page.

No anger in me sweetie, I am one with the universe. Namaste.

Well there is plenty more room on this bridge if it all goes pear shaped

Well there is plenty more room on this bridge if it all goes pear shaped

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nqYiZx4W98o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnqYiZx4W98o

You & me Sully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

The problem i think is he's only saying the negative comments to get a rise!

Its working.

Look at he's posting history, about 95% in the tralee forum slating the place.

Anyway, I've just landed in Eurodisney. 26 degrees and a 6 year old rearing for road. I'm out of here!

Good for you Michael. Have a great holiday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

snams wrote: »
    There is a Tralee Lost & Found Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TraleeLostAndFound?fref=ts

not long set up though, so nothing really has been posted on it yet...good idea though!

Any idea whats moving into the old Centra shop in Spa rd? Word is Gala but word also is Methadone Clinic

Thought is was a Londis opening up there ?

• Advertisement

Chill folks!

By the way it was 25 degrees in Adare Co. Limerick this afternoon!

Thought is was a Londis opening up there ?
    Well the Folks in Spa Rd were complaining about Gala because of the off-licence so I was delighted when I heard rumours of a Methadone Clinic

Relax guys, there is no change to dispensing process. Methadone Clinic is a red herring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Relax guys, there is no change to dispensing process.

A load off my mind.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Simple minds think alike !

From the front page of this weeks Kerrys Eye
    Tralee to battle recession in 3D

Visitors to Tralee could soon be passing a selection of bustling shops instead of closed-down and boarded-up outlets - all thanks to the miracle of 3D.

The town council this week heard of a new plan to cover up shops closed in the recession with hi-tech 3D images of busy local businesses.
    The idea is similar to that being used in Northern Ireland ahead of the G8 summit - where fake shopfronts have been created to resemble fully functioning businesses.
    The 3D strategy has been criticised by some as hiding Tralee’s true economic situation - but the goal is to improve the town’s image, Kieran Ruttledge of Tralee Chamber Alliance told the council on Tuesday.
    “These 3D images would provide a fake shop front to improve the appearance of empty buildings,” he told councillors, some of whom expressed surprise at the proposal.
    “It’s a pity it has to be done, but it’s a sign of the times,” Cllr Gillian Wharton Slattery said at the meeting.

'battle recession in 3D' 'miracle of 3D' 'hi-tech 3D' '3D strategy' '3D images'

Ah bless, obviously nobody told them that these are just bog standard 2D stickers.

kingdumb wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

"The miracle of 3d" I wish everything was in 3d...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Can't beat a few pints in the sun......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Can anyone point me to a place that does an NCT car wash (i.e. washes the underside of the car) the missus has her NCT tomorrow!

deccurley wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to a place that does an NCT car wash (i.e. washes the underside of the car) the missus has her NCT tomorrow!

Worth trying the valeting centre across the road from McDonalds/Manor West Hotel.:) Good luck with NCT !:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I've never got a underneath wash for the nct and they've never said anything to me. I drive fairly dusty and muddy roads.i don't think it's a big issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement