Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭okshea

therocker wrote: »
    sue go to another town, group of bikers like that will only get their bikes damaged or stolen or worse , thats my opinion and i have lived in tralee for all of my 79 years and have seen it degenerate at a much faster pace than i have . it used to be such a safe place to live now you cant feel safe walking the streets during the day , as for the nights forget it . over run with thugs of all nationalities and such . headline in national paper recently read :woes of tralee : and we are run by a bunch of incompetants who would not allow m+s move to manor retail park even though that is what most of the town wanted except of course the business people that have been creaming of us for years ,

Jeez,im headin into town now,lets go through the checklist now,-Uzi(check),rescue flare(check),rocket powered skates for quick escape...check.
    Tralees just like any other town 99.9% of the time things go grand and if your unlucky enough to meet that tiny percentage of scummy mac scum,cest la vie,it happens unfortunately all over the place whether your out for the nite in tralee or tehran.Wow dude nothings perfect but i reckon ya need to head straight to your local pharmacy(at 79 if ya have a medical card you cud get it for free!!) and get a couple of years perscription for chill pills.They come in various flavours and should do the job!!!:D

You're right-it was the Leisureway. Talk about a dump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

okshea wrote: »
    Jeez,im headin into town now,lets go through the checklist now,-Uzi(check),rescue flare(check),rocket powered skates for quick escape...check.
    Tralees just like any other town 99.9% of the time things go grand and if your unlucky enough to meet that tiny percentage of scummy mac scum,cest la vie,it happens unfortunately all over the place whether your out for the nite in tralee or tehran.Wow dude nothings perfect but i reckon ya need to head straight to your local pharmacy(at 79 if ya have a medical card you cud get it for free!!) and get a couple of years perscription for chill pills.They come in various flavours and should do the job!!!:D

:p:p:p:p

RE:tHErocker,why your stating your 79 i dunno,theres a degree of anonymity in this aul internet thang,but looking at your previous posts re poker forum thats a strange situation to be in for a 79yr old!!!If your gunna b.s try and put sum effort in it man.Anyway im a 150 yr old gorilla and im off to dingle to meet up with my mate funghi.........cheers;)

Kitty (my dog) is celebrating her 123rd birthday on the first day of April. We are going to Tralee for the weekend to celebrate this wonderful ocassion.
    About 35 of us will be travelling down and are looking for good ideas on what to do?
    Here is a breakdown on the travelling parties
    10 humans (6 aged 75 plus so the rocker could be in)
    14 dogs
    4 sheep
    6 cats
    And bluebell the cow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 therocker

poker i know nothing about, that is my grandson. why i thought my age was worth mentioning is because i am able to tell u how tralee was and now is . some of yere comments are uncalled for and unnecessary. but maybe it throws a reflection on the type of people ye are . why have a dicussion on a topic if all ye want is one type of opinion ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

okshea, TtP, the rocker, can it.

The rest of you, don't feed the trolls.

I have to do very little here, in what is generally a harmonious place, and I have no wish to upset the balance by removing people's posting privileges because they can't keep the peace.

Thank you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

As i said efore,has this just turned into a thread for a slanging match now?
    All sue did was ask a simple question, now she probably thinks the place is a hellhole, which it isnt. There are plenty of bars around that would accomodate such an event, my own choice would be the meadowlands hotel, plenty of secure parking, good bar and food, and they have accomodated classic car runs before, i know this because i have been on one last year. And being a car enthuseist thats proud to live in tralee, i would like to see 200 like minded people come to the town.So less of the narrow mindedness please!!!
    There could be as many as 200 of us as we are travelling through on a car rally.
    So if sue is still reading and hasnt ran away screaming, what kind of a rally is it and when will ye be arriving?

Just had a quick look at your website, im liking what you are doing:D:D pm me if you want me to get you details of hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Guys I deleted posts here today, and I warned you all about this kind of crap yesterday. Now you have the regional mod stepping in, one more crappy or abusive comment and ill be banning people. Seriously, everyone gets on in all the other threads, let's not show Tralee up anymore, please.

• Advertisement

440Hz wrote: »
    Guys I deleted posts here today, and I warned you all about this kind of crap yesterday. Now you have the regional mod stepping in, one more crappy or abusive comment and ill be banning people. Seriously, everyone gets on in all the other threads, let's not show Tralee up anymore, please.

I extend my hand of friendship to the rocker:)

I wasn't getting at any one person btw Tom, just if everyone gets along the place will run nice and smoothly! And there is no reason why we can't all get along here.

:D
    Tomthepost wrote: »
    I extend my hand of friendship to the rocker:)

you could appologize for tosser and immature tosser remarks if you like

:D

you could appologize for tosser and immature tosser remarks if you like

I'm not trying to prolong this any further but when you 'appologize' to all the people that use this trend for saying 'Tralee should be blown up' then I will take those comments back.

Right. STOP NOW. Infractions/warnings given. This is my third time asking you to stop, next time you will be banned. This is your last chance guys.

ok fair enough , blown up was a bit over the top, sorry . but maybe it ( tralee) should be dismantled brick by brick and relocated to killarney :D JESTING ,

PS 440HZ SORRY TO UPSET YOU . YE HAVE A TOUGH OLD JOB ID SAY

ok this has gone far enough im sorry 440hz this ends here for me

To change the subject. Can anyone tell me what the company Tillotson done and how many jobs were lost when it closed down. Also is it true that Dennys closed down or is closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

47 laid off in Dennys with only 30 staff remaining. Tillotson laying off 48 with only 25 remaining. Not a good time for Tralee jobswise!

tip - Google.ie will usually provide you with the info you need on these types of questions.

Was just trying to change the subject to be honest.
    I'm heading down this evening. Anything good happening this weekend down there?

Quiet enough tonight id say, though i think theres a kerry v tyrone match on tomorrow, so saturday night could be mad enough:D

• Advertisement

Must be busy in town, no one is posting here!!:D:D

Ive rarely seen that many cars in town, even festival time. All up Clash as far a where the Kerryman used to be was parked cars... all along JJS road (obviously enough), all by the Horan centre and Boherbue, right into town! Madness everywhere.

I can see the pitch from my house and the flood lights were on for ages after the match, hours to clear everyone Id say.

Wasnt in myself last night,kinda glad i wasnt now!!Id say it was a good night for the pubs though!!

Was at the game on Saturday night. Very very cold but a good game so worth it. Only 4,500 at the game apparently but kids were left in for free so maybe they don't count. Looked like about 6-7,000 to me.
    I think there was a funeral removal in the town on Sat night for a former Chief Super so that probably also had a impact on the traffic also.
    Tried Roundy's and the Deacon for the first time. Was quite impressed with both.

Yeah, Roundy's is small but lovely! Glad you liked them Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

roundys? ok what pub is this and where? last time i checked tralee aint big enough to not know a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

it's just off the street from where the Abbeygate hotel is located - was there a couple of times over christmas and new year - I like it and music is good. Heard the food is recommended too - the chef there trained in Ballymaloe School of Cookery.

Is it live music in Roundys?If so what type.Tralee could do with a couple of daycent live venues!!!

I think it was John Buggy playing there on Sat night.
    As someone said before the Rambling house is a big loss to the town.:(

• Advertisement

Tomthepost wrote: »
    I think it was John Buggy playing there on Sat night.
    As someone said before the Rambling house is a big loss to the town.:(
    Yep, i did, the rambling was great for the out of town bands,and the heavy stuff like blacklist(who were from listowel) and the rock monsters on the bank holidays!:D maybe not everyones cup of tea, but entertaining nonetheless!

I think roundys do music some nights alright, sean ogs is good for a trad session now and then, and shane and bongo john do fri nights in the blasket aswell.I think shane plays the brogue with jon sat night too.The town could definatly do with a rambling house style verue again though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement