Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

deccurley wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to a place that does an NCT car wash (i.e. washes the underside of the car) the missus has her NCT tomorrow!

There's a few potholes around that if you wait for a rainy day will sort that for you free of charge!

Don't think I have ever had the underneath of my car washed for a nct either, and I do about 30k miles a year. I wouldn't be too worried about it to between honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I wonder what possessed the council to remove some of the bins from the town centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I wonder what possessed the council to remove some of the bins from the town centre.

Probably battering each others head in with them after closing time.

Not the council, obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Probably because nobody was using them

Worst job of the week has to go to the poor bastard locked in that Tourist kiosk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Sully34 wrote: »
    Worst job of the week has to go to the poor bastard locked in that Tourist kiosk

Why do you say that,it's a job that somebody has to do and the person came forward to do job.

I'd rather be sat in that box than claiming dole or in the que for the methadone clinic every week or day .
    But that's just my opinion

Why do you say that,it's a job that somebody has to do and the person came forward to do job.

I'd rather be sat in that box than claiming dole or in the que for the methadone clinic every week or day .
    But that's just my opinion

And you do love your opinions. Was just talking about the SUN beating down on the poor bollex all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

And you do love your opinions.

And so do you , take a long break ;) , you're getting annoying ...

Leithman wrote: »
    And so do you , take a long break ;) , you're getting annoying ...

Ah Jaysus not another one the Old Woman brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ohh the handbags are out :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leithman

Ah Jaysus not another one the OLD WOMAN brigade
    No , i'm not a woman .. what kind of a sexist remark is that ? , what i am though is getting fair fed up of your babyish whinging at this stage ... the thread is about the town of Tralee , something that interests the rest of us on this site .
    Reported you to admin .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Lay off the stirring Sully, its no fun for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Reported you to admin .

I reported days ago too.

No , i'm not a woman .. what kind of a sexist remark is that ? , what i am though is getting fair fed up of your babyish whinging at this stage ... the thread is about the town of Tralee , something that interests the rest of us on this site .
    Reported you to admin .

Yes and you will find in my posts that I talk about the Town of Tralee which intrests me a great deal. So if that deserves getting reported over then Im guilty as charged

Lay off the stirring Sully, its no fun for anyone.

Go back through the posts and see if I started on anybody here

Adiboo wrote: »
    I reported days ago too.

What did you report me over?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Go back through the posts and see if I started on anybody here
    I didnt say that you started anything. Just the way you word things comes across as a bit aggrivating. We can all play nice here, cant we?

What did you report me over?

Your constant attempts at trolling.

Give me an example

I didnt say that you started anything. Just the way you word things comes across as a bit aggrivating. We can all play nice here, cant we?

Im not being funny but Im starting to feel Im being bullied off this thread. Just because my view of the Town dont sit well with everybody elses

• Advertisement

It seems to me the "Tidy Town's committee" on here dont want to hear any hard truths about how low Tralee has sunk these last few years. Maybe less walks around "The Wastlelands" and more around the Estates in Town might open their eyes some bit

Would this be your definition of 'Trolling?'

Give me an example

Have a look back at your own posts. Ever since you showed up in this thread a few weeks back, your posts have been overly agressive towards posters here. In each of your posts, you attempt to shit stir. It's quite easy to see through your obvious attempts at trolling.

Would this be your definition of 'Trolling?'
    Have a look back at your own posts. Ever since you showed up in this thread a few weeks back, your posts have been overly agressive towards posters here. In each of your posts, you attempt to shit stir. It's quite easy to see through your obvious attempts at trolling.

You still didnt answer my question

You still didnt answer my question

Yes, that would be one example. Calling the newly renovated wetlands, "the wastelands" and dismissing any positive attempt made on this town would be stirring and trolling.

Yes, that would be one example. Calling the newly renovated wetlands, "the wastelands" and dismissing any positive attempt made on this town would be stirring and trolling.

Well then why were you the only one that actually "thanked" that very comment?

Well then why were you the only one that actually "thanked" that very comment?

That was a mistake on my part, and I didn't even realise I had. Thanks for pointing it out so I could remove it.

pookiesboo wrote: »
    [/B]

Never said it was the worst, I havent visited every town in Ireland to know if it is.
    But those crystal meth dealers,junkie druggie scumbags, brothels, fighting outside pubs, random attacks, boarded up buildings must be a figment of my imagination.
    I often wonder when I come on the Tralee thread are the people who comment on how lovely the town is actually living here because anyone I know has a different view of the place.

And before anyone comes on and says "well its no different to other towns in Ireland", I dont care about other towns in Ireland because I'm living here and thats how I feel about the place and I'm not alone on my views.
    Carraig95 wrote: »
    Totally agree. To be honest I think it says an awful lot about this town, when the main thoroughfare into the town centre (Castle St) is left in such a dilapidated state. O'Mahony's, FAS Office, Cahills Pharmacy, not to mention the numerous unoccupied properties, couples with the glut of chippers, appalling to view. Follow the route out of town and you have that disgraceful attempt at a boarded up site across the way from The Bullring, and more unkempt areas right out to the roundabout at Manor.

I was in Killarney last week and the sense of pride they have in their town is on a whole different scale to Tralee. The reputation we have is genuinely embarrassing. A number of friends out there literally laughed at one of them who suggested a night out in Tralee. The thoughts would never even cross their minds. Yet most Tralee people would relish the prospect at a night in Killarney. What does that say?

Over the last two weekends, one particular late night bar, which will remain nameless have two assaults in there so bad that both assaultees were hospitalised and last Saturday in particular, the staff apparently had to use bleach to scrub blood from the walls.

Now before everyone says 'ah look at the good in Tralee' etc etc, fair enough, I know there's plenty of good people in Tralee, but from an outsiders perspective, we certainly don't have a good name, and things really aren't changing. Sad really.
    That was a mistake on my part, and I didn't even realise I had. Thanks for pointing it out so I could remove it.

Well here is a few more mistakes you have made. Its seems you also "Thanked" these posters who have clearly been giving out about the Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Delighted the weather broke today, the humidity was cat and at least it'll keep the dust down.

Just thought I'd change the subject :pac:

Well here is a few more mistakes you have made. Its seems you also "Thanked" these posters who have clearly been giving out about the Town

These posters weren't aggressive, or passive aggressive in any manner to other people on here. And are "regulars" here on this forum, and don't beat on about it in every post. You have only stuck your head in here in the past few weeks, and every post of yours has been negative, and/or seemed like you were posting to get a rise out of people.

I reported you, not for your views on the town, but the way you choose to express them and your attitude to other posters on here. And apparently I'm not the only one to notice your attitude given that a moderator has asked you to quit with your stirring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Delighted the weather broke today, the humidity was cat and at least it'll keep the dust down.

Just thought I'd change the subject :pac:

Looks like the deck chairs will be going back into the shed for another while,it was good to get the fine weather puts everyone in good form

Cant beat sunshine pints :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement