Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Sully34 wrote: »
    Larrys was on Strand St. Up the road from Betty's Bar in the Old School. Didnt last very long but had a few full length tables and a couple of video games and a very weird smell

Never even knew it existed, we used to go to the ballymac bar then we were older then for a few frames, you could drink, smoke and play then. Tables are not the best though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

the bowling alley was great craic for playing pool & had lovely snooker tables upstairs. Spent all my teen years in the bowling alley, good times :) Feel sorry for teens here these days, they really have nowhere to hang out to keep them off the streets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ahhhh I remember the days of smoking (a fag, not a joint) upstairs, playing a few frames, thems were the days. Practically lived in that place the weekends when I was a teenager.

Everytime I drive by now all I see is tracksuit pants tucked into white socks.

does anyone know what this jeans/tracksuit pants tucked into the socks is about? is it a 'gang' thing? we have often wondered what its about. Its definitely not a fashion statement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Never even knew it existed, we used to go to the ballymac bar then we were older then for a few frames, you could drink, smoke and play then. Tables are not the best though.

Yeah spent many a night in there. Didnt really care how bad the tables were as you would be worse for wear yourself after about two frames

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    does anyone know what this jeans/tracksuit pants tucked into the socks is about? is it a 'gang' thing? we have often wondered what its about. Its definitely not a fashion statement lol

Not sure but we started that trend back in the day,tucking the school pants into the socks cycling to school

• Advertisement

Ahhhh I remember the days of smoking (a fag, not a joint) upstairs, playing a few frames, thems were the days. Practically lived in that place the weekends when I was a teenager.

Everytime I drive by now all I see is tracksuit pants tucked into white socks.
    Not sure but we started that trend back in the day,tucking the school pants into the socks cycling to school

Yeah, cycling a bike is fine, but these fools go around town all the time like this! lol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah, cycling a bike is fine, but these fools go around town all the time like this! lol

Well it seems they cant win. They get told off for wearing the trousers too long that they were trailing and tearing the ends so they go and tuck the ends in and we tell them off again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

you sure your not talking to yourself sully, your only allowed one account you do know that :0)

Was waiting for Sully to go offline so I could log on but sure I decided I would dust down the laptop and go online with that as well;)
    You were always well hard as a teen if you went to the Snooker Club and smoked some B&H. Sure that Super Bowl place was for the posers:D.
    When outside the Super Bowl you had to do a double check before entering to ensure nobody you knew saw you entering.
    If memory services me right they also had snooker tables upstairs for a small while which had the end positive effect of getting the Snooker Club to up their game and take care of the tables better.
    Great to see people being nice to Sully!

Was waiting for Sully to go offline so I could log on but sure I decided I would dust down the laptop and go online with that as well;)
    You were always well hard as a teen if you went to the Snooker Club and smoked some B&H. Sure that Super Bowl place was for the posers:D.
    When outside the Super Bowl you had to do a double check before entering to ensure nobody you knew saw you entering.
    If memory services me right they also had snooker tables upstairs for a small while which had the end positive effect of getting the Snooker Club to up their game and take care of the tables better.
    Great to see people being nice to Sully!

Now I am actually wondering if you ARE me. Got this whole beautiful mind thing going on!!!

Now I am actually wondering if you ARE me. Got this whole beautiful mind thing going on!!!

Is that you looking at me or me looking at you:confused:

• Advertisement

Is that you looking at me or me looking at you:confused:

You better behave yourself on here lad!!!!

You better behave yourself on here lad!!!!

You "dilly dally off to Bridge Street now" and wait for the next Sunset.
    Be sure to greet the nice individual in the Tourist Kiosk on the way:)

Good night all. Looks like myself and Sully are off the bed!

You "dilly dally off to Bridge Street now" and wait for the next Sunset.
    Be sure to greet the nice individual in the Tourist Kiosk on the way:)

Good night all. Looks like myself and Sully are off the bed!

Banger is a fairly apt name.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I think that it's really nice that these two board members have found each other. :)

Its more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I hear scientists in Amercia are working on it.
    11811 wrote: »
    "The miracle of 3d" I wish everything was in 3d...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

That's no harm, I think Tralee has enough discount/euro shop already.

In other news Tralee Chamber are planning free wifi and a Bike scheme for Tralee.
    kn wrote: »
    PS I see the hoarding around the new unit on Abbey Street is down - 1320m2. A big space. They have some advertising hoardings in the window so the Dealz tenancy has indeed clearly gone south.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

kingdumb wrote: »
    In other news Tralee Chamber are planning (...) a Bike scheme for Tralee.

Then that will explain tracksuit pants tucked into white socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kingdumb wrote: »

In other news Tralee Chamber are planning free.........Bike scheme for Tralee.
    Do I know her? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ek23

Hey im heading to Tralee for the weekend. Does anyone know if any pubs are showing the Lions Rugby match on Saturday morning? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Ah great, a fly just commited suicide in my can of bud. Looking forward to that all bloody day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ah great, a fly just commited suicide in my can of bud. Looking forward to that all bloody day

Have you been on one of your moans again?

That rocky mountain restaurant will be open soon I'd say, the over door signage is finished, the building itself went up ridiculously quick, never realised how big it was.

Have you been on one of your moans again?

Who me??? You must have me mistaken for someone else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Who me??? You must have me mistaken for someone else

I was just wondering why the fly would have done what he did! :)

I was just wondering why the fly would have done what he did! :)

He was probably just having a bastard of a day too. He dont drink that much anyway, bit of a lightweight

Was in one of our fine establishments over the weekend for a pint. So while inside the toilet the owner walks in and goes for a slash,he talks to a few of us and walks out the door without washing his hands. Goes straight behind the bar,picks up a glass and pours a pint for some poor bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Was in one of our fine establishments over the weekend for a pint. So while inside the toilet the owner walks in and goes for a slash,he talks to a few of us and walks out the door without washing his hands. Goes straight behind the bar,picks up a glass and pours a pint for some poor bastard

Always makes the pint taste sweeter does that!

Lelantos wrote: »
    Always makes the pint taste sweeter does that!

Ah it was horrible bud,dirty bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ek23 wrote: »
    Hey im heading to Tralee for the weekend. Does anyone know if any pubs are showing the Lions Rugby match on Saturday morning? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chance The Mall Tavern,they will surely have it on.

Its in the town centre just down the street a bit from Eason's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement