Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    Ah it was horrible bud,dirty bastard

He could have half filled the glass in the toilet & no one would be able to tell the difference when it comes to Budweiser

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Lelantos wrote: »
    He could have half filled the glass in the toilet & no one would be able to tell the difference when it comes to Budweiser

Yeah true,I could tell you a story or two but wrong thread

Finished me tin and still no sign of that fly

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

...never realised how big it was.
    As big as the owner's house!

Chance The Mall Tavern,they will surely have it on.

Its in the town centre just down the street a bit from Eason's

Yep, both the Mall & Baileys Corner will definitely be showing the game,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Xtravision to close 40 of their 130 outlets. I'd imagine that Manor will have to be one of those.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/one-in-three-xtravision-outlets-set-to-close-29347930.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

That's gas. Just during the week they were on about them being saved! It's like when they announce new businesses opening creating 500 jobs but this will be over 10 years, then the business goes belly up after two. All good news stories should be taken with a generous dash of salt!

Great Final today between Park FC and Dynamo's at the KDL. Great turn out even though it pissed down on everyone. Congrats to the Park and goalscorer Aaron Eager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Right lads share the wealth,own up who was it?

Ciarrai??

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/winning-lotto-ticket-bought-in-tralee/

If it was me I'd be out of this country so fast my feet would not touch the ground. I would be gone to a tax haven, Isle of Man or Jersey perhaps, where I will not be paying income tax on the interest/dividends on the income from the lottery windfall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Sully34 wrote: »
    Great Final today between Park FC and Dynamo's at the KDL. Great turn out even though it pissed down on everyone. Congrats to the Park and goalscorer Aaron Eager

Is sully gone soft. Positives thoughts. What ever next. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »
    If it was me I'd be out of this country so fast my feet would not touch the ground. I would be gone to a tax haven, Isle of Man or Jersey perhaps, where I will not be paying income tax on the interest/dividends on the income from the lottery windfall.

Same here,Jersey would be my destination,give Jim Bergerac a call :D

Tralee and Kieran Ruttledge featured on the Newstalk lunchtime programme at about 12.45pm if anyone wants to listen in to the podcast. They walked down Denny St to the Mall. Kieran made mention of their only being 3 vacant units on the Mall and he mentioned that he expected one to be let in the coming weeks. They also highlighted the number of cafes that have opened and the 22% unemployment rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

how many min walk is it from the bus station to oakpark? 30min walk?

how many min walk is it from the bus station to oakpark? 30min walk?

Only 3 minutes from the station to Fairies Cross which is at the bottom of Oakpark but if your going out as far as the College at the top of Oakpark your talking about 20 minutes. Where exactly are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Tralee and Kieran Ruttledge featured on the Newstalk lunchtime programme at about 12.45pm if anyone wants to listen in to the podcast. They walked down Denny St to the Mall. Kieran made mention of their only being 3 vacant units on the Mall and he mentioned that he expected one to be let in the coming weeks. They also highlighted the number of cafes that have opened and the 22% unemployment rate.

Thanks for this. Interesting coverage. Ruttledge sounds like a guy who is passionate about his job and proud of the town despite being a blow in. Maybe being an outsider gives him a more objective view of Tralee that avoids an insular, vested interest attitude, which can only be good for the town.

The link is below. It starts at about 38 minutes into the broadcast.

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/Lunchtime/7/1935/17th_June_2013_-_Lunchtime_Part_1

Is sully gone soft. Positives thoughts. What ever next. ;)

Would not have been so positive if Dynamo's had won

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Right lads share the wealth,own up who was it?

Ciarrai??

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/winning-lotto-ticket-bought-in-tralee/

I fe*king wish! I did hear a rumour of who it was, but we think its a joke, so not going to say who just in case! lol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I fe*king wish! I did hear a rumour of who it was, but we think its a joke, so not going to say who just in case! lol

Mogs? Defo rumour only

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Del hasn't been heard from in a while!

I bet he opens a cake shop with the winnings.

• Advertisement

Del hasn't been heard from in a while!

I bet he opens a cake shop with the winnings.

He better throw a party for us !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Mogs? Defo rumour only

yeah that's the one! lol

Well apparently its a man from Abbeydorney who won it!

yeah that's the one! lol

Well apparently its a man from Abbeydorney who won it!

Hope its my ex gf's father, he liked me......unfortunately, his daughter didn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I haven't been in town since Saturday, Sunday must have been a busy day...

'the main part of Tralee actually only has 3 shops at the moment to-let'

Did I hear that correctly ~ 40 mins 45seconds in ?
    ongarboy wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Interesting coverage. Ruttledge sounds like a guy who is passionate about his job and proud of the town despite being a blow in. Maybe being an outsider gives him a more objective view of Tralee that avoids an insular, vested interest attitude, which can only be good for the town.

The link is below. It starts at about 38 minutes into the broadcast.

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/Lunchtime/7/1935/17th_June_2013_-_Lunchtime_Part_1

Only 3 minutes from the station to Fairies Cross which is at the bottom of Oakpark but if your going out as far as the College at the top of Oakpark your talking about 20 minutes. Where exactly are you going?

oakpark demense? its a housing estate any way....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

19 mins.

http://goo.gl/maps/HUHQy

kingdumb wrote: »

thanks v much!

its about a 10 min walk, at least

kingdumb wrote: »
    I haven't been in town since Saturday, Sunday must have been a busy day...

'the main part of Tralee actually only has 3 shops at the moment to-let'

Did I hear that correctly ~ 40 mins 45seconds in ?
    O'Donnells chemist will be closed in a week or so, that'll make 4

• Advertisement

O'Donnells chemist will be closed in a week or so, that'll make 4

which one is O'Donnells? is that the one down by Shindig?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement