Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

sorry for this stupid question, but l have a tax form thingy re: employment...is it the building near the old bowling alley/ nightclub use be or is it the building on spa road??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sorry for this stupid question, but l have a tax form thingy re: employment...is it the building near the old bowling alley/ nightclub use be or is it the building on spa road??

the one beside Fabric is the dole office, the one in Spa road is for tax forms etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Spa rd deals with tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

to do with employment, like emergency tax etc...??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

to do with employment, like emergency tax etc...??

that would be the Spa road offices so

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    which one is O'Donnells? is that the one down by Shindig?

At the bottom of the Mall, past shoe rack (tip for guys, when giving directions to women, always ref a shoe store, they'll never go wrong then)

Lelantos wrote: »
    At the bottom of the Mall, past shoe rack (tip for guys, when giving directions to women, always ref a shoe store, they'll never go wrong then)

I wonder is that closing due to retirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Whats my favourite oddity about Tralee?

Watching the idiots queing at the AIB ATMs when the Bank of Ireland ones 100 feet up the road are always free! Its Hilarious! Every single time!

Anyone have any others?

Watching the idiots queing at the AIB ATMs when the Bank of Ireland ones 100 feet up the road are always free! Its Hilarious! Every single time!

Anyone have any others?

I often wonder about that too! lol If there is a queue at AIB I usually walk up to the BOI atm!

I often wonder about that too! lol If there is a queue at AIB I usually walk up to the BOI atm!

BOI machines were always targeted by skimmers, seems the device fits over their card slots perfectly, could be a reason people don't use them?

• Advertisement

I wonder is that closing due to retirement?

That's the case, unusual that nobody will take on a pharmacy though. Steady stream of custom I would have thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Anyone have any others?

Playing chicken with oncoming traffic when approaching the roundabout by the huddle from the bons. Right of way means nothing round here.

Playing chicken with oncoming traffic when approaching the roundabout by the huddle from the bons. Right of way means nothing round here.

Its always the pedestrians who lose there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Oh. We have a mysogynist in our midst! :)

Anyone have any others?

The 'roundabout' at Castle St/Ashe St that everyone studiously ignores and is not even a proper roundabout being at the junction of only two streets. Roundabouts generally need at least 3 exits off them to justify their existence. Amazing how traffic just finds its own level when there are not lights/signage attempting to regulate them to death.

That's the case, unusual that nobody will take on a pharmacy though. Steady stream of custom I would have thought

The economics of that industry has changed drastically over the last few years. Expect further closures in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Jaysus lads, am I living in the same town ?
    Half the shops in town in vacant, how can anyone say there is only 3 and possibly fourth soon ?
    O'Donnells chemist will be closed in a week or so, that'll make 4

kingdumb wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, am I living in the same town ?
    Half the shops in town in vacant, how can anyone say there is only 3 and possibly fourth soon ?

They were discussing the Mall only in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

People queing at AIB possibly have accounts there and most people like to check their balance after or even before they take out cash now. AFAIK you can only check your balance at ATMs at which you haven account.AIB would be more popular than BOI.I don't find the queing strange.

Damokc wrote: »
    People queing at AIB possibly have accounts there and most people like to check their balance after or even before they take out cash now. AFAIK you can only check your balance at ATMs at which you haven account.AIB would be more popular than BOI.I don't find the queing strange.

If only someone would come up with a way of checking your account some other way...like on the internet, wouldn't that be brilliant....Dragons Den here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Del hasn't been heard from in a while!

I bet he opens a cake shop with the winnings.

Not me . Just back from Portugal this am!

Congratulations to the Lotto winner, may they spend their winnings wisely.

Not me . Just back from Portugal this am!

Congratulations to the Lotto winner, may they spend their winnings wisely.

They shall spend it on wine, women & song.....they rest they'll just waste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Anyone have any others?

How many items of shopping can <SNIP> actually hang from that bike at any one time?

What is the inside joke <SNIP> finds so funny all the time?

Can you make it in and out of the Silver Coin without being tapped for a fag by either <SNIP> or that fat lad from Shanakill?

When is <SNIP> going to follow in DJ Curtins footsteps and break into Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

If only someone would come up with a way of checking your account some other way...like on the internet, wouldn't that be brilliant....Dragons Den here I come!

My point isn't about checking balances alone. I was saying that people using the ATMs would take that opportunity to check their balance. Oh and it's easy spot a comment thats fishing for thanks;)

Damokc wrote: »
    My point isn't about checking balances alone. I was saying that people using the ATMs would take that opportunity to check their balance. Oh and it's easy spot a comment thats fishing for thanks;)

No, if you had said something like, people don't wish to incurr additional charges by not using a different banks atm, that would have been believable, but I would guess that less than 1 in 10 people check their balance when using an atm.

Sully34 wrote: »
    How many items of shopping can <snip> actually hang from that bike at any one time?

What is the inside joke <snip> finds so funny all the time?

Can you make it in and out of the Silver Coin without being tapped for a fag by either <snip>or that fat lad from Shanakill?

When is <snip>going to follow in DJ Curtins footsteps and break into Vegas?

Who is the guy from Shanakill?

Who is the guy from Shanakill?
    I forget his name again but he is always hanging about the place these days. Be young enough and bloated to ****. Actually seen him hanging outside the Carry out in Killarney yesterday

I forget his name again but he is always hanging about the place these days. Be young enough and bloated to ****. Actually seen him hanging outside the Carry out in Killarney yesterday

The only guy i can think of like that is from Marian Pk originally, mid 20's & looks vacant due to a lot of meds

The only guy i can think of like that is from Marian Pk originally, mid 20's & looks vacant due to a lot of meds

Yeah that sounds like the lad alright. Thought he came from the other side of Town. Always wearing that puffy sports jacket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Yeah that sounds like the lad alright. Thought he came from the other side of Town. Always wearing that puffy sports jacket

He's from Shankill or Rahoonane alright, he's a top drawer scummer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement