Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Lelantos wrote: »
    I presume they meant Twitter? ;)

You just burst my bubble! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

HaHa! No I meant Titter, it's a newer more risqué social network site!:D:P

Yeah, Twitter. The lockers are there already. I dunno the ins and outs of what the next step is. Probably negotiating with the guy who delivers to them. Presume their own driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Logging on to post that.....and then closed the account? Weird

Weird indeed !:confused:

There are lots of weird characters out there. Closing the account will be no loss to this thread.

qwertypop wrote: »
    Ha. Your either a guard, social welfare person or work in the shelters.

IMHO , Speculation regarding a Poster's occupation is unnecessary. I am concerned that one's Privacy and to a lesser extent Security may be compromised. If a poster wishes to mention their occupation,please let it be their perogative. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

qwertypop wrote: »
    Ha. Your either a guard, social welfare person or work in the shelters.

nope, thankfully not! and as del said, I don't need to say where I work. I just said I know who these guys are, I could work anywhere to have dealt with them!
    Someone needs to worry about their own life rather than reopening an account here, posting something about where I work, and then closing it again! I am not saying where I work, its not really anyone's business quite frankly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    nope, thankfully not! and as del said, I don't need to say where I work. I just said I know who these guys are, I could work anywhere to have dealt with them!
    Someone needs to worry about their own life rather than reopening an account here, posting something about where I work, and then closing it again! I am not saying where I work, its not really anyone's business quite frankly!

I know who a few of them are too, doesn't mean I'm a garda or a social welfare worker.
    I could be sitting down outside the Silver Coin with my flagon of Linden Village asking Ye all for the price of my next drink!
    So the next time you stroll by, think of poor Lelantos & give him the price of another flagon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I thought that qwertypop was a regular enough poster here for some reason. People, well normal ones anyway could not give a hoot where we work and at the end of the day it is internet "hear say".

We all know del is a mobster in the lucrative tea and cake black market, lelantos is a wineo, BobDcow is in fact a actual moo cow, Carchaeoligist digs for 20 million year old fossilised automobiles, anyways i could go on all day but i honestly do not even know where I am goin with this one......:confused:

I thought that qwertypop was a regular enough poster here for some reason. People, well normal ones anyway could not give a hoot where we work and at the end of the day it is internet "hear say".

We all know del is a mobster in the lucrative tea and cake black market, lelantos is a wineo, BobDcow is in fact a actual moo cow, Carchaeoligist digs for 20 million year old fossilised automobiles, anyways i could go on all day but i honestly do not even know where I am goin with this one......:confused:

Well, ah do declare! I believe sir you have hit the nail on the head..... Spare change for a mint julep kind sir?

Well, ah do declare! I believe sir you have hit the nail on the head..... Spare change for a mint julep kind sir?

No!!!!!, I gave you a few euro the last day outside to silver coin for a flagan of linden village. The bare ass cheek of you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

To change the topic to something completely different:
    Does anybody know what the suspicious looking greyish metal box does that is mounted to one of the wooden bollards right next to the tourist kiosk in the mall? It may have something to do with the taxi rank but I can make no sense of it at all. There seems to be a small opening covered with red glass on the front, but no cables going in or out and no label or sign or anything to base a further investigation on. It has been there before they put the kiosk up, so it's probably not connected with that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Quaderno wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the suspicious looking greyish metal box does that is mounted to one of the wooden bollards right next to the tourist kiosk in the mall? It may have something to do with the taxi rank but I can make no sense of it at all. There seems to be a small opening covered with red glass on the front, but no cables going in or out and no label or sign or anything to base a further investigation on. It has been there before they put the kiosk up, so it's probably not connected with that.

You have me curious now!

No!!!!!, I gave you a few euro the last day outside to silver coin for a flagan of linden village. The bare ass cheek of you.......

Bare ass cheek.....I suppose I should have bought a belt too!

You have me curious now!

Interesting. Absolutely no idea.
    Perhaps the nice man in the kiosk could throw some light on the matter?
    Could we run a competition? Prize, tea and cake for two? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I've seen that alright. I thought it might have been one of those yokes they use to count traffic but there are no cables going across the road.

My best guess is that it's a chugger magnet and that's why they all hang around there.

My best guess is that it's a chugger magnet and that's why they all hang around there.

I was about to discount that speculation as ridiculous since I also spotted yellow-shirted chuggers on the other side of the road just today. But then I went to investigate the matter further and you seem to be spot on: right were I saw those guys I found another of those mysterious boxes, it's in front of the old Irish Nationwide building. So a chugger magnet it is!

259126.jpg

But then again I found that there is indeed a small label on the box,which in turn lead me to this page. Counterlock was right indeed, quite interesting technology behind it and on the first glance I would not have expected them to count "sideways" when people actually walk past it and not in the direction of the small viewing glass in the front.

There's the other one, and there may still be more around:
    259127.jpg

Its to do with the Gathering, its a beacon for inter stellar traffic, it's sending a homing signal to the Doctor, baby Kal-El, the Silver Surfer & the Green Lantern, all about 7th or 8th generation Irish.....but still.....closer than Obama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

chuggermag.jpg - brilliant :)

chuggermag.jpg - brilliant :)

Interesting! Lower rhs there is a name on the grey cover.

Can anyone identify the name?

Do they need planning permission?

Interesting! Lower rhs there is a name on the grey cover.

Can anyone identify the name?

Do they need planning permission?

Yes, it reads "eco counter". See below:

259145.jpg

No idea about the permission though.

Yes, it reads "eco counter". See below:

259145.jpg

No idea about the permission though.

Imho,Perhaps it counts the number of chuggers on the streets or emits an high pitched sound only recognised by chugger brains and forces them off the high street making the pavements a more ecofriendly environment. :) Sorry , best I can come up with:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wonder how long before it will either:

A: Be vandalised, "jon woz ere" etc.

B: Stolen or badly attempted.

C: Turned the opposite way for some reason.

D: Chewing gum stuck to it, look down at the pavement along that street you will be shocked by the sheer amount of gum.

E: Used as an ashtray..

Anyways feel free to add to it......

there seems to be no work going on in 'Micko's for the past couple of weeks. Anyone know when Costa is due to open?

Heard it is due to open in July . Expect they would wish to be open to catch the Summer and Festival trade. If there is no work going on a July opening date seems rather ambitious. Guess I will have to wait a while to try out Costa.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Heard it is due to open in July . Expect they would wish to be open to catch the Summer and Festival trade. If there is no work going on a July opening date seems rather ambitious. Guess I will have to wait a while to try out Costa.:)

I spotted work going on in there today, so they must be back on track!

I see there is a new French cafe open beside Oxfam just off the Square. That's two new cafe's open in very close proximity to each other (Yummy Cafe being the other!). Anyone been in either of them yet?

I spotted work going on in there today, so they must be back on track!

I see there is a new French cafe open beside Oxfam just off the Square. That's two new cafe's open in very close proximity to each other (Yummy Cafe being the other!). Anyone been in either of them yet?

Thanks, sounds like I will be trying out Costa sooner than later.
    This is more great news for the tea and cake society.
    Regarding the French Cafe and Yummy Cafe, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try them out as I have been in Spain and Portugal over the last few weeks. If in Tralee next weekend I will try them out and feedback.!

Thanks, sounds like I will be trying out Costa sooner than later.
    This is more great news for the tea and cake society.
    Regarding the French Cafe and Yummy Cafe, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try them out as I have been in Spain and Portugal over the last few weeks. If in Tralee next weekend I will try them out and feedback.!

Spain AND Portugal! lucky git! I haven't had a holiday in 4 years :( so depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Are those boxes counting foot traffic as part of the town plan regarding pedestrianising some streets? Was the mall part of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

So we are talking about a box then and have to wait a whole week to hear back from Del about stuffing his chops in the new Cafe's

Spain AND Portugal! lucky git! I haven't had a holiday in 4 years :( so depressing!

Ask nicely & next time Del is driving to Portugal he'll stick you in the back of his lorry, sleeping bag, MackeyD's & all the trucker music you can handle, it'll be heaven on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

I wonder how long before it will either:

A: Be vandalised, "jon woz ere" etc.

B: Stolen or badly attempted.

C: Turned the opposite way for some reason.

D: Chewing gum stuck to it, look down at the pavement along that street you will be shocked by the sheer amount of gum.

E: Used as an ashtray..

Anyways feel free to add to it......

Nah your good..

• Advertisement

...............Ahem hint hint Del, only meant as a joke you two not trying to stir sheit :), just could not resist....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement