Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Cannot anyone recommend a good dentist in town?

Dr. Hannah Flynn, North Circular Road Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

kn wrote: »
    Not being smart but obviously the person could not even indicate that they were in Tralee or even Kerry. I'm guessing the operator googled Tennis Village Ireland and came up with a Cork address.

Have you met any non nationals who can't tell you where they live? I haven't. The emergency services understood Tennis Village but not Tralee or Kerry. I don't buy it.
    I smell a cover up on the way & the statement issued smacks of ranks closing

Cannot anyone recommend a good dentist in town?

Aoife ni Conchubhair in Denny St. Beside the Denny Lane entrance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lelantos wrote: »
    Aoife ni Conchubhair in Denny St. Beside the Denny Lane entrance

+1 She's very good, as is Marcus who now owns the practice, it was Denis Reen for a long time until he retired. I used to go to him since I was a child, and continue to go there since Marcus took over.

Lelantos wrote: »
    Have you met any non nationals who can't tell you where they live? I haven't. The emergency services understood Tennis Village but not Tralee or Kerry. I don't buy it.
    I smell a cover up on the way & the statement issued smacks of ranks closing

Agree totally, somone is busy writing a cover up story . What is it with Ireland and large Institutions whether in the Public or Private Sector?
    The moral compass has simply disappeared from existence. Telling the truth seems to be unacceptable in these organisations. What is it with Management of these Institutions? To admit failure or a mistake is a weakness and must be covered up at all costs. Is it any wonder the Country is in such a mess, mediocrity in Management prevails.............:mad:

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    +1 She's very good, as is Marcus who now owns the practice, it was Denis Reen for a long time until he retired. I used to go to him since I was a child, and continue to go there since Marcus took over.

Aoife has warmer hands though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cheers.Ended up ringing the one on Ashe Street, St John's Dental Clinic i think is the name of it.Brother went to them before.Usually go to Lyons in Castleisland but she wasnt able to see me till next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joesh82

Agree totally, somone is busy writing a cover up story . What is it with Ireland and large Institutions whether in the Public or Private Sector?
    The moral compass has simply disappeared from existence. Telling the truth seems to be unacceptable in these organisations. What is it with Management of these Institutions? To admit failure or a mistake is a weakness and must be covered up at all costs. Is it any wonder the Country is in such a mess, mediocrity in Management prevails.............:mad:

People give out about having an English or German overlord but I would happily take one of them instead of these useless irish. We are like some failed African state who hasnt got a clue sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

How things have changed. The Brogue is on sale for the price of an average central Dublin apartment at the height of the madness €395k including the licence and and the contents!! Again at the height of the madness the licence alone would have traded at up to €100k, probably couldn't give them away now.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=116944

And I also seen in the Kerry's Eye that the Sportsfield bar is for sale. The current lease expires in August 2016. Considering its location, expiring lease, the likelihood of the lease being renewed (Damien must be well into his 60's) etc I cannot see it selling for much. I'd imagine the only likely buyer is Damien if his intention was to maintain the business but in a declining area with an a dying off customer base and the Mitchell's moving out the odds must be that it is not viable in the medium term.

PS Tralee Greyhound Track is on RTE 2 at 8.30 :)

• Advertisement

a language barrier is of no consolation to the poor parents who lost their child! Could the call centre not employ translators?
    Its heartbreaking and totally avoidable. No excuse for it. RIP to the little angel and condolences to their poor family :(

Agree totally.
    Thoughts tonight with the parents on the loss of their wonderful baby.

Joesh82 wrote: »
    People give out about having an English or German overlord but I would happily take one of them instead of these useless irish. We are like some failed African state who hasnt got a clue sometimes.

Fair comment.
    Welcome to the Land of Saints and Scholars reduced to a Nation of austerity where incompetence at the highest levels in Political and Business communities was tolerated. Business and Political leaders rose to the level of their own incompetence.

Sadly nothing much has changed over the last few years .No doubt the usual platitudes will be rolled out , almost as quickly as they roll off the pens of the gifted PR spin writers.

Will a proper explanation emerge? Not if past experience is anything to go by.
    In nautical history the Captain of a ship accepted responsibility for his actions and went down with his ship. In today's Ireland the Captains of Industry and Politics simply cover up their failures or attempt to scapegoat one of their crew.

Tonight the lonely parents , guests in this country ,suffer in grief, tormented by the fact that if the emergency services had reached them in time ,their baby may have had a chance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

spotted today that Carmels Discount Store on Rock street is having a closing down sale!

spotted today that Carmels Discount Store on Rock street is having a closing down sale!

The recession has even reached the € shops!! :eek:

Pity, sign of the times.
    Carmel's Discount Store have been on Rock Street for at least 5 or 6 years, their main competitors are in better locations with greater footfall.
    The girls in the shop were always very helpful and pleasant , will miss this shop. It was like Alladin's cave, stocked a massive range of stock anything from travel adaptor plug to art supplies.
    I recall meeting the owner of the store on one occasion , a very pleasant lady who worked hard and with great enthusiasm in her business. Wishing all concerned the very best in the future.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Speaking of language barriers and Non Nationals,Its nice to see they put in a 'local person' working in the tourist kiosk on Saturday

Coming home from the pub lastnight I couldnt believe the amount of scumbags on the streets. Speaking to a lot of publicans recently and they cant get over how much the Town has gone down this past year

Sully is back!

His first statement borders on racism his second does little to promote a positive image of Tralee.

Juvenile comments, looking for attention, hardly the type of comments needed on the Tralee thread.

It is Summertime, visitors and holidaymakers get turned off by stupid comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Sully is back!

His first statement borders on racism his second does little to promote a positive image of Tralee.

Juvenile comments, looking for attention, hardly the type of comments needed on the Tralee thread.

He's saying it as it is I don't understand how you can have a problem with this.

Sully is back!

Borders?? This is a Tralee Thread for people that live in Tralee Derek. I have been here my whole life and dont take lightly to 'blow-ins' like yourself with that nonsence 'tea and cakes brigade' trying to paint over the cracks.
    If Tourists get turned off by my posts well so be it, better then getting thier heads caved in on a night out by some thug because they didnt have a cigarette

• Advertisement

Sick of seeing people posting 'Next time Im in Tralee' on this thread

Sully34 wrote: »
    Sick of seeing people posting 'Next time Im in Tralee' on this thread

?? what are you on about?

?? what are you on about?

A lot of posters here have a lot to say for themselves about Tralee and then I find out they dont even live here but they are the first ones to jump on every post I put up

A lot of posters here have a lot to say for themselves about Tralee and then I find out they dont even live here but they are the first ones to jump on every post I put up

how do you know they don't live here?

Borders?? This is a Tralee Thread for people that live in Tralee Derek. I have been here my whole life and dont take lightly to 'blow-ins' like yourself with that nonsence 'tea and cakes brigade' trying to paint over the cracks.
    If Tourists get turned off by my posts well so be it, better then getting thier heads caved in on a night out by some thug because they didnt have a cigarette

Boy, you have a lot to learn !

Perhaps you need to live outside Tralee for a while and expand your mind a little.

There are a lot of outsiders who have worked and invested in Tralee over the years, provided education services and employment to the people of Tralee.

In all the years I have had associations with Tralee you are the first person who has openly displayed your narrow mindedness and ignorance to "blow ins "like myself.

I have absolutely no doubt that you are in the minority.

Have a nice evening Sully.

Perhaps you need to live outside Tralee for a while and expand your mind a little.

There are a lot of outsiders who have worked and invested in Tralee over the years, provided education services and employment to the people of Tralee.

In all the years I have had associations with Tralee you are the first person who has openly displayed your narrow mindedness and ignorance to "blow ins "like myself.

You dont want me on this thread full stop. Your always jumping on my posts but you will be happy to know I got that warning. I dont have any problems with 'blow ins' I just dont like you Derek

how do you know they don't live here?
    There it is in black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

I don't like derek either, his posts are nearly always condescending and he comes across as somebody that thinks hes a better human than the rest of us because hes got more money in his wallet.

There it is in black and white

he may not live here 7 days a week, but he does spend a lot of time here from what he's said...so does that make someone a blow in?

My husband isn't Irish, so I suppose he isn't allowed say he likes Tralee because he's a blow in?
    Not all of us dislike Tralee as much as you. If you hate the place so much, why do you still live here? I never understand people who say how much they hate a place, yet stay all their lives!?
    Maybe you should set up your own thread about how sh*t the town is!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You dont want me on this thread full stop. Your always jumping on my posts but you will be happy to know I got that warning. I dont have any problems with 'blow ins' I just dont like you Derek
    The warning wasnt because of Del. The warning was because of the inbox full of report emails i have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement