Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

The warning wasnt because of Del. The warning was because of the inbox full of report emails i have.

And this is done publicly because its me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sully34 wrote: »
    And this is done publicly because its me?
    Because its you? I never said anything about the warning untill you did?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    he may not live here 7 days a week, but he does spend a lot of time here from what he's said...so does that make someone a blow in?

My husband isn't Irish, so I suppose he isn't allowed say he likes Tralee because he's a blow in?
    Not all of us dislike Tralee as much as you. If you hate the place so much, why do you still live here? I never understand people who say how much they hate a place, yet stay all their lives!?
    Maybe you should set up your own thread about how sh*t the town is!?

And it seems like only last week we all (including yourself) had a good old chuckle naming out all the scumbags and the terrible things they done to us and the Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

I can't believe people would report Sully. The witty straight talking life and soul of the Tralee thread.
    If the truth hurts perhaps some people should set up there own 'tea and cakes' Tralee thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

And it seems like only last week we all (including yourself) had a good old chuckle naming out all the scumbags and the terrible things they done to us and the Town

I mentioned a small number of them as it was being discussed. I didn't knock the town or say anything wrong about it. Stop stirring even more sh*it, its pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I can't believe people would report Sully. The witty straight talking life and soul of the Tralee thread.
    If the truth hurts perhaps some people should set up there own 'tea and cakes' Tralee thread

or how about set up a thread for all those who hate the town so much??

I wonder how many people here who slate the place actually have to run a business?? promoting the town, the various businesses and all the good things about it is how those of us who run businesses, stay in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

I wonder how many people here who slate the place actually have to run a business?? promoting the town, the various businesses and all the good things about it is how those of us who run businesses, stay in business!

tralee threads not here to promote your business dow is it? its more to chat about whats going on in the town.

Well I for one do run a business but I don't think that entitles me to a greater voice than anyone else here.

tralee threads not here to promote your business dow is it? its more to chat about whats going on in the town.

I haven't promoted my business, but promoting the town helps businesses in this town stay open by talking about all the things to do and see here. Knocking the town does not help.
    Chatting about the town is what we do, but it seems anyone who wants to talk about a new place opening or where to eat is a bad thing in a few people's books!?

I mentioned a small number of them as it was being discussed. I didn't knock the town or say anything wrong about it. Stop stirring even more sh*it, its pathetic

I aint stirring Im just speaking my mind like everybody else. If you dont like my posts then dont respond

• Advertisement

Well I for one do run a business but I don't think that entitles me to a greater voice than anyone else here.

no one has a greater voice than anyone else because they run a business, but they should know better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Banger Moran,
    Welcome to Boards!
    Have you joined to support your mate Sully or have you anything positive to offer?
    Del.

I don't know Sully (refer to my first post)
    If anyone thinks the Tralee thread on boards.ie is the reason that there business is in difficulty I think they are deluding themselves.
    Just cause I'm new I won't be bullied out of here

I haven't promoted my business, but promoting the town helps businesses in this town stay open by talking about all the things to do and see here. Knocking the town does not help.
    Chatting about the town is what we do, but it seems anyone who wants to talk about a new place opening or where to eat is a bad thing in a few people's books!?

Ciarrai,

I could not have put it better myself.

Businesses provide employment . Customers are the lifeblood of businesses. If the town is berrated by idiotic, juvenile, narrow minded comments, customers will not visit Tralee!

Come on Sully, there must be some positives about Tralee.

You don't need to like me to mention the positives in your home town

Del.

I don't know Sully (refer to my first post)
    If anyone thinks the Tralee thread on boards.ie is the reason that there business is in difficulty I think they are deluding themselves.
    Just cause I'm new I won't be bullied out of here

no its not being deluded, obviously its not the reason! but what is so bad about promoting the town??

just to clarify, I don't know Del personally at all, nor have I ever met him....just for those who seem to think we do! I do however, agree with a lot of what he says (I have disagreed at times too btw!).

So the truth matters sweet Fa to some people here.
    I get it.

no its not being deluded, obviously its not the reason! but what is so bad about promoting the town??

It's not really the place to be promoting the town though is it? The vast majority of readers are from Tralee anyway so it is completely irrevelant.

Ciarrai,

I could not have put it better myself.

Businesses provide employment . Customers are the lifeblood of businesses. If the town is berrated by idiotic, juvenile, narrow minded comments, customers will not visit Tralee!

Come on Sully, there must be some positives about Tralee.

You don't need to like me to mention the positives in your home town

Del.

I dont go in for those backhanded personal attacks either Derek.

It's not really the place to be promoting the town though is it? The vast majority of readers are from Tralee anyway so it is completely irrevelant.

many people will be reading these forums from all over...its the internet, that's what people do!? If someone is interested in coming to Tralee, they will probably type the name into google & it will bring up threads about the place. Just because they don't post messages, doesn't mean they aren't reading!?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

As far as I see we all share this thread. Im a bit Roy Walker and 'Say what I see'. It doesnt mean you have to respond or even thank my juvenile comments.

many people will be reading these forums from all over...its the internet, that's what people do!? If someone is interested in coming to Tralee, they will probably type the name into google & it will bring up threads about the place. Just because they don't post messages, doesn't mean they aren't reading!?:rolleyes:

Not trying to offend but Your big time paranoid I honestly think. Not going to bother googling it but I doubt this thread rates too high on search engines when it comes to key word searches relevant to Tralee.
    The world doesn't revolve around boards.ie
    If one decides to go to Westport for the weekend do you think it means they will take what people say on boards as gospel?
    To be honest some of the comments from Sully might inspire some neutrals to visit out of curiousity anyway.
    Sure say positive things no problem but why jump down the throat of those that bitch a bit when all the are often doing is telling the truth

I don't like derek either, his posts are nearly always condescending and he comes across as somebody that thinks hes a better human than the rest of us because hes got more money in his wallet.

Me, condescending?
    Wherever did you get that idea. Is that you or SullyS idea?
    How do you know how much is in my wallet?:confused:

Me, condescending?
    Wherever did you get that idea. Is that you or SullyS idea?
    How do you know how much is in my wallet?:confused:

Really see why you are disliked. You seem to think people are incapable of forming there own opinions based on what they read.

Really see why you are disliked. You seem to think people are incapable of forming there own opinions based on what they read.

Quite frankly, I don't care whether I am liked or disliked by you, puzzle factory or sully, I think the comment dislike is from the school playground to which you are returning tomorrow.
    Right now I need to get some sleep as I have an early flight tomorrow .Some of us work for a living.
    Have a good week Sully or whatever else you call yourself!

Quite frankly, I don't care whether I am liked or disliked by you, puzzle factory or sully, I think the comment dislike is from the school playground to which you are returning tomorrow.
    Right now I need to get some sleep as I have an early flight tomorrow .Some of us work for a living.

Have a safe trip Derek,Del,Ciarrai,lelantos,Adiboo or whatever you like to call yourself

Have a safe trip Derek,Del,Ciarrai,lelantos,Adiboo or whatever you like to call yourself

haha, now you think Del & I are the same person....and lelantos & Adiboo....ah lads! lol:confused:

haha, now you think Del & I are the same person....and lelantos & Adiboo....ah lads! lol:confused:

It keeps me awake at night

You got to get a flight tomorrow I'm so impressed!
    Thank you for sharing that information. The Tralee thread is now in such a better state of health.
    Some day I sincerely hope for your own sake that you grow out of your own self-importance and the schoolyard bullying mentality that you like to display here.
    If anyone thinks boards.ie can boost business in Tralee start a thread called holidays in Tralee or things to do in Tralee and tag the thread well for relevant search terms. Post up links to the many things that can be done in Tralee but let this thread be what it is a general thread for discussing tralee.
    If someone does do this hopefully people will respect it and keep the bitching to here.

• Advertisement

Tomthepost wrote: »
    This is a call to all boards members with Tralee connections to get a bit of a community spirit going like the good people of Listowel and Ballybunion who both have fantastic threads going.
    Lets get a Tralee one up and running!!!
    I have noticed alot of people start threads looking for information on Tralee. Perhaps this thread can be a central forum to help assist them with their queries.
    Im now based in Dublin but like to keep up to date with what is happening perhaps people based in Tralee can assist me and others based away through this thread.
    Your support in getting this up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Now SullyMoran, please read above .
    This was the very start of the Tralee Thread.
    Please feel free to set up a thread of your own .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement