Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Adiboo wrote: »
    Why is Del being called Derek?

Del is an abbreviation of the name Derek.
    Ever seen Fools & Horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Nope. Never watched. Though I have heard the name Del Boy. No idea it was short for Derek.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Adiboo wrote: »
    Nope. Never watched. Though I have heard the name Del Boy. No idea it was short for Derek.

Well you will be Trigger then Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Sully34 wrote: »
    Well you will be Trigger then Dave

Straight over adiboos head that joke went :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

smile-and-nod.jpg

• Advertisement

Straight over adiboos head that joke went :).

Which makes the joke even better again eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Lelantos wrote: »
    Del is an abbreviation of the name Derek.
    Ever seen Fools & Horses?

And there I was sure it was for similar reasons Neil Warnock is called Colin!

And he's off!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

^^

hahaha...brilliant :D;)

Its a pity he never managed Liverpool, colins everywhere!

• Advertisement

One more thing I must address is the throwaway comment that gets used on here "If you hate the place why dont you just move away"
    I met a man in town the other day from Shanakill,an estate that has a bad rep and I have been guilty of that at times myself even though were I was brought wasnt much better. But anyway this man has lived there since day one,he built his home there and raised a family. He told me that two doors down from him lives a well known drug dealer and the house is no better than a crack den. More houses surrounding him are boarded up and been used by people 'fixing up' and drawing an awfull element around the place.
    He hates what his estate has turned into but when I asked him "Well if you hate it so much why dont you just get out?"
    He said its his home,its where he raised his family,its were all his memories are.
    And before anybody comes wading in with the usual nonsence. Yes he had rang the Guards on numerous occasions. Yes he is Neighbourhood watch and Yes he is one of the hardworking types that put every penny he earned into his Family

Should save that nonsence for the Man Utd forum

This always happens at least once a year, maaaaajor blowout, everyone gets all hot and bothered and then.......... it goes all calm, well hopefully.

I've been here a while now on the Tralee thread, and not afraid to voice my opinion whether people agree or disagree with, that is up to them, personally I could not give a fiddlers. And this swings both ways when I say this, it is how you convey and respond to a post that matters, you can go two ways about it, get all defensive and make song and dance out of nothing or you disagree with them a different way without insulting them etc. Some people get rubbed up the wrong way, happens in everyday life, more so on the oul interweb.

If I deleted my posts for comments I made about naming and shaming people, places etc it would knock a sizable chunk off my count, christ on the subject of LEE BRADSHAW alone, peoples counts will be cut by half.

Had to google Lee Bradshaw but having read about him I suspect he loves to see his name in lights. The last link I could find was from 2009 however when it said he was running the station bar and restaurant in Tralee and had all these plans to open other restaurants around Kerry. The station is closed now isn't it? What happened since 2009?

Had to google Lee Bradshaw but having read about him I suspect he loves to see his name in lights. The last link I could find was from 2009 however when it said he was running the station bar and restaurant in Tralee and had all these plans to open other restaurants around Kerry. The station is closed now isn't it? What happened since 2009?

He faked his own death and then showed up on 'Fade Street' but then faked his own death again before opening a restuarant for dogs before faking his own death again

Are you sure Del doesn't with all those flights and different time zones he crosses? Mind you management is probably beneath him. It's more likely he owns Liverpool.
    I will stop now I promise.

He faked his own death and then showed up on 'Fade Street' but then faked his own death again before opening a restuarant for dogs before faking his own death again

Death, career, orgasms, is there nothing this man cannot fake!

Are you sure Del doesn't with all those flights and different t

Perhaps Del strangled you mid sentence?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

He went for the Eurovision 2 years in a row, thankfully didn't get through!
    He was running the Stationhouse up to January this year. He also had the 'Holy Cow' restaurant in Benners Hotel, which was open for about a year. He had plans to open a tapas restaurant in the town centre, and it was rumoured he was going to re-open the Old Oak on Rock steet, but that didn't go through as there is no licence in there. Then the other restaurant didn't go ahead here, which as he claims is down to how the town council love to block businesses opening in the town (which isn't far off the truth for one reason or another). When we were out in the Stationhouse at Christmas, he told us he was staying on in there as he had just signed a new 4 year lease, then he closed in January!
    He has now just opened a new restaurant bar & grill in Sandyford in Dublin!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Copper-Bar/174856349331504

Should save that nonsence for the Man Utd forum

Never posted on that forum, tis a complete balls...at times

Not to mention he recently saved his dog from a camp of travellers who had dognapped it.

• Advertisement

Not to mention he recently saved his dog from a camp of travellers who had dognapped it.

you saw that too! (FB 'friends'?)
    although in fairness, a guy who works for us had that happen to him in Tralee only a few weeks ago, thankfully though, the dog escaped, minus collar & he was found & reunited, but they did kick in his back gate & took the dog in broad daylight!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    He went for the Eurovision 2 years in a row, thankfully didn't get through!
    He was running the Stationhouse up to January this year. He also had the 'Holy Cow' restaurant in Benners Hotel, which was open for about a year. He had plans to open a tapas restaurant in the town centre, and it was rumoured he was going to re-open the Old Oak on Rock steet, but that didn't go through as there is no licence in there. Then the other restaurant didn't go ahead here, which as he claims is down to how the town council love to block businesses opening in the town (which isn't far off the truth for one reason or another). When we were out in the Stationhouse at Christmas, he told us he was staying on in there as he had just signed a new 4 year lease, then he closed in January!
    He has now just opened a new restaurant bar & grill in Sandyford in Dublin!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Copper-Bar/174856349331504
    Well he seems ambitious at least which is a brave way to be in this environment.
    Certainly cant knock someone cause their business failed in this day and age.
    Never came across him so obviously can't pass proper judgement though.
    The Old Oak must be closed 10 years now. What a waste of a decent building in a prime location

although in fairness, a guy who works for us had that happen to him in Tralee only a few weeks ago, thankfully though, the dog escaped, minus collar & he was found & reunited, but they did kick in his back gate & took the dog in broad daylight!

I did see it, but in my defense it was a friend of mine commenting on the story that made it appear in my newsfeed.......or at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Well he seems ambitious at least which is a brave way to be in this environment.
    The Old Oak must be closed 10 years now. What a waste of a decent building in a prime location

in fairness to him, he is ambitious, albeit a bit naive, and not very good at dealing with customer complaints!! He also needs to learn a bit about environmental health etc judging by the latest fine!

such a shame to see The Old Oak just sitting there rotting away, especialy after all the work that went into the place when it opened. What a waste. Weird how its never gone up for sale/lease, just sat there empty?

Channel 4..... WHAT THE FU*CK???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That happened to friends of my mam's a couple of years ago, dog taken from house in broad daylight. A neighbour noticed a strange car parked there. They called a detective they know and he went to the Cresent and low and behold the dog was suddenly 'found' when he came round snopping.

PS I am originally from the Mitchell's area in case anyone thinks I am 'doing the area down' etc etc......

Channel 4..... WHAT THE FU*CK???

Takes some BALLS to show your face on that programme

in fairness to him, he is ambitious, albeit a bit naive, and not very good at dealing with customer complaints!! He also needs to learn a bit about environmental health etc judging by the latest fine!

such a shame to see The Old Oak just sitting there rotting away, especialy after all the work that went into the place when it opened. What a waste. Weird how its never gone up for sale/lease, just sat there empty?

I did some work for Lee a few years back when he was putting that 'Mad Cow' place together and I found him nice enough to deal with.
    The Old Oak is a terrible waste and the same has to be said about the Rambling House. Two of the best venue's we had for bands in Tralee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The environmental health crowd closed him down!

• Advertisement

Takes some BALLS to show your face on that programme

...Sully34 here all night folks.

Reminds me of the south park medicinal marijuana episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement