Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Are you sure Del doesn't with all those flights and different time zones he crosses? Mind you management is probably beneath him. It's more likely he owns Liverpool.
    I will stop now I promise.

Had a bad enough season without you linking 'Colin' with my beloved Club

...Sully34 here all night folks.

Reminds me of the south park medicinal marijuana episode.

I have it on in the background. Im not looking around. I just heard him say something about auctioning it off on Ebay

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sully34 wrote: »
    I did some work for Lee a few years back when he was putting that 'Mad Cow' place together and I found him nice enough to deal with.
    The Old Oak is a terrible waste and the same has to be said about the Rambling House. Two of the best venue's we had for bands in Tralee

I don't know him well, but I have met him a good few times and he was always friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I have it on in the background. Im not looking around. I just heard him say something about auctioning it off on Ebay

Yuuuup you heard him correctly....imagine the shipping cost on that, and the awkward conversation with the delivery driver :confused:.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't know him well, but I have met him a good few times and he was always friendly.

He had all his own 'artwork' on the walls of that place in Benners which Im 'proud' to say I own a Lee Bradshaw original

• Advertisement

That rocky mountain place looks near completed, every day I drive past there is more and more done to it.

That rocky mountain place looks near completed, every day I drive past there is more and more done to it.

A lot of money gone into that place,seems like a crazy investment,plus the location. The food would want to be tip top but then again cant see that lad wasting money on a crazy investment!!

Lelantos wrote: »
    Death, career, orgasms, is there nothing this man cannot fake!

Is that the name of his Autobiography?

A lot of money gone into that place,seems like a crazy investment,plus the location. The food would want to be tip top but then again cant see that lad wasting money on a crazy investment!!

Yeah the location was a bit of an odd one. And it is a serious size of a building for a "chipper". Like you said with the amount invested its hardly going to be big Al's burgers and easy singles.

Yeah the location was a bit of an odd one. And it is a serious size of a building for a "chipper". Like you said with the amount invested its hardly going to be big Al's burgers and easy singles.

Well not from the get-go anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Plus the fact that when the bypass opens, that road will effectively only carry the Castleisland/Limerick traffic.

Scumbag names snipped as requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Where is it located lads viva burg, la take away, Joan's, Franks, the place near the Abbey or somewhere completely new?
    Sounds like it might be a Eddie Rockets in all but name.
    Will this Lee Bradshaw be around to cut the ribbon?

Scumbag names snipped as requested.

Harsh! Most of us will post namelessly henceforth so I take it lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Where is it located lads ?

Here http://goo.gl/maps/Xuure behind Landers just off the footballers round a bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Where is it located lads viva burg, la take away, Joan's, Franks, the place near the Abbey or somewhere completely new?

eddie rockets should be renamed empty your pockets,
    out by the renualt and ford garage in the mile height across from the entrance to manor more or less.

It is in between landers and adams of tralee...

It not a chain as far as I know, all I do know is that it's a new place for me to clog my arteries with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

I think its your man from sean ogs thats opening it, I had the misfortune of listening to him tell me how great he was repeatable, late in his bar one night, possibly a very nice fella when hes not full of beer of course.

It is in between landers and adams of tralee...

It not a chain as far as I know, all I do know is that it's a new place for me to clog my arteries with!!

Wish them the best of luck but if I was a dragon with money in my pocket and was approached to invest in this business opportunity I suspect I might use the phrase 'I'm Out'

I think its your man from sean ogs thats opening it, I had the misfortune of listening to him tell me how great he was repeatable, late in his bar one night, possibly a very nice fella when hes not full of beer of course.

Yeah a right head the ball McKenna but I found him to be a generous bloke when dealing with him and a gas man on the piss. But thats just my opinion

• Advertisement

Well since Im off tommorow I just might crack open another tin. Dont mind if I do!!

Well whatever about the location or the kind of food they will be dishing out, Its a better sight to see places opening up than closing down

Well whatever about the location or the kind of food they will be dishing out, Its a better sight to see places opening up than closing down

Did someone crack your password?
    Well done Derek!
    Pardon my perceived negativity on this new venture but going pretty much into direct competition with McDonald's is ill advised in my opinion.
    Will be fine for a few months but once the novelty factor wears off it will be seriously hard work.
    Anyone hear about a McDonald's closing down in Ireland since the downturn?
    Expect plenty of money saving incentives to reach a mailbox near you in the coming months.
    For the sake of the new venture I genuinely hope I am wrong and that this idea has been verified with extensive market research:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Well done Derek!
    Pardon my perceived negativity on this new venture but going pretty much into direct competition with McDonald's is ill advised in my opinion.
    Will be fine for a few months but once the novelty factor wears off it will be seriously hard work.
    Expect plenty of money saving incentives to reach a mailbox near you in the coming months.
    For the sake of the new venture I genuinely hope I am wrong and that this idea has been verified with extensive market research:

Ive been saying the same thing since I heard it was opening! Its a huge risk, and not sure why they would bother at that location. If anything, I think they could have gone with a KFC or a Burger King, that would have been a safer bet. I hope they do well, but as you say, once the novelty wears off, they will have to sell a LOT of burgers to pay that mortgage, rates etc etc! Yikes, scary thought!

Well since Im off tommorow I just might crack open another tin. Dont mind if I do!!

Off what Sully?
    From what others have said I was of the impression you never did a days work in your life! Some people have flights to catch don't you know! Please don't keep them up all night with your drinking and downright negativity! LOL

Ive been saying the same thing since I heard it was opening! Its a huge risk, and not sure why they would bother at that location. If anything, I think they could have gone with a KFC or a Burger King, that would have been a safer bet. I hope they do well, but as you say, once the novelty wears off, they will have to sell a LOT of burgers to pay that mortgage, rates etc etc! Yikes, scary thought!

I guess the fact that there is no franchise makes it cheaper, but its going to have to be very special to keep drawing the punters.

In saying that though, i didnt give the Streat a hope in staying going but its doing great business it would seem.

Well done Derek!

I dont know what has come over me but you start talking burgers and all I see is positivity. Clearly a massive risk and was very surprised when I heard who was behind this venture. Also think MJ's must be bloody fuming!!

Off what Sully?
    From what others have said I was of the impression you never did a days work in your life! Some people have flights to catch don't you know! Please don't keep them up all night with your drinking and downright negativity! LOL

Even a professional pisshead wind up merchant like meself needs a day off too

I guess the fact that there is no franchise makes it cheaper, but its going to have to be very special to keep drawing the punters.

In saying that though, i didnt give the Streat a hope in staying going but its doing great business it would seem.

Yeah very true 'The Street' seems to be thriving. Maybe Manor/Mile height is after all a wise move for a new business. Only time will tell

• Advertisement

Lets hope we are both wrong on this and without doubt if risk takers did not exist Tralee would be in a much worse place.
    If this venture creates a few jobs for 6 months even its something at least.
    Would like to see the Enterprise Board taking a more hands on approach with start-ups though so that the strike rate of newbies improves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement