Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Whats the story with the shop gone into Ryles old place with the jewellery and the signs in the window saying "Take no notice of the prices"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sully34 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the shop gone into Ryles old place with the jewellery and the signs in the window saying "Take no notice of the prices"

it says its an 'ex-catalogue' jewellery shop, 'Titanic Jewellery' or something like that. I'd say just temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Sounds like the kind of place your friends from back around page 95 might appreciate.
    This place is getting a bit addictive I think I need some detox.
    Good night everyone. I sincerely hope not to bother you all again for at least a week.
    Got a bus to get in the morning lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Nice to see we are all getting on a bit better tonight!:P

Before i depart id like to give a special mention to the guy who stands outside the council offices all by himself for hours on end with the placard saying 'No property tax!'
    He was there all day on Sunday by himself, either hes mad, or truely dedicated. Either way he must be commended for putting in the hours!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Nice to see we are all getting on a bit better tonight!:P

Before i depart id like to give a special mention to the guy who stands outside the council offices all by himself for hours on end with the placard saying 'No property tax!'
    He was there all day on Sunday by himself, either hes mad, or truely dedicated. Either way he must be commended for putting in the hours!!

someone told me that the irony about him protesting about the property tax is that he doesn't actually even own a house!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    it says its an 'ex-catalogue' jewellery shop, 'Titanic Jewellery' or something like that. I'd say just temporary.

Its opened up 2 or 3 times in town previously, replicas of the jewellery in the titanic movie & other costume jewellery.

Not arsed about the Anglo tapes or even AIB hiking up their charges. No,today Im more pissed off over that bastard roundabout outside the AIB. Who the hell has right of way?

53 jobs for Rocky Mountain drive-thru! Good news, but that's one hell of a wage bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

53 jobs for Rocky Mountain drive-thru! Good news, but that's one hell of a wage bill!

53 ?????, what kind of turnover is he expecting. Thems burgers better be good....

53 ?????, what kind of turnover is he expecting. Thems burgers better be good....

its great to see so many jobs for the town, but it really seems a bit extreme. I'd say McDonald's in Tralee don't even employ that many & they are busy!

https://www.facebook.com/RockyMountainRestaurant?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Not arsed about the Anglo tapes or even AIB hiking up their charges. No,today Im more pissed off over that bastard roundabout outside the AIB. Who the hell has right of way?

Same rules as always I bose, it's just some people tend not to treat that hubcap of a roundabout as a roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

It does seem mad. What would these 53 people be doing? Presumably there will be separate shifts during the day/weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

It does seem mad. What would these 53 people be doing? Presumably there will be separate shifts during the day/weekends.

53 includes lads working there as in building electrics, plumbing etc and the jobs it will be supporting I.e. suppliers etc

adam88 wrote: »
    53 includes lads working there as in building electrics, plumbing etc and the jobs it will be supporting I.e. suppliers etc

how many staff will actually work in the restaurant serving food etc then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It said on Radio kerry that the restaurant will open 7am to midnight Sun to Wed and til 2am Thur - Sat. I'd say if it's a large restaurant with those long opening hours, the different shifts would make up the 53 if that includes part-timers/weekend workers etc. I doubt the 53 roles includes suppliers or contractors brought in to fix the plumbing/electrics etc on ad hoc call outs as surely they would not classify as Rocky Mountain employees...at least that's how I interpret it.

Good news for Tralee alright!

On a separate note, I know it was already mentioned on this thread but Dealz have now confirmed an opening in August in Tralee with 30 new jobs. This is a good jobs week for Tralee! Hopefully the second unit mentioned in the article below secures a big name tenant with more secure jobs!

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/tralee-outlet-for-uk-discounter-1.1442340

The UK discounter Dealz is to open a large new outlet at Abbeycourt in Tralee, Co Kerry.
    The company, which is owned by th UK retailer Poundland, has leased 650sq m (7,000sq ft) close to Tesco, Pamela Scott, Boots, Jack & Jones and Vera Moda.
    Dealz will be creating
    30 jobs when it opens its new store in August. It already trades out of
    25 stores around the country.
    Joint agents CBRE and Ger Carmody Auctioneers are reporting good interest in another retail unit of 506 sq m in the Tralee centre, which is available at €373 per sq m (€35 per sq ft). DTZ Sherry FitzGerald advised Dealz.

the likes of Michael Guiney's and the two Euro shops in the square won't be too happy to have Dealz on their doorstep! I can see at least one of them closing, probably not Guiney's, but one of the other two?
    Dealz would not appeal to me, Would prefer to see something a bit more upmarket going in there.

the likes of Michael Guiney's and the two Euro shops in the square won't be too happy to have Dealz on their doorstep! I can see at least one of them closing, probably not Guiney's, but one of the other two?
    Dealz would not appeal to me, Would prefer to see something a bit more upmarket going in there.

I normally shy away from those types of stores but was in a Dealz in Blanchardstown today and it actually is a more pleasant shopping experience. While it ultimately sells your usual Euro discount stuff, it is presented in wide supermarket aisle formats with everything displayed neatly and with a better and massive product range including a lot of grocery basics. I can see it doing well in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone know what happened in Oakpark around 8.30 last night? There were a lot of fire brigades, ambulances and guards up near the shop where everybody parks and blocks the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened in Oakpark around 8.30 last night? There were a lot of fire brigades, ambulances and guards up near the shop where everybody parks and blocks the main road.

Traffic accident in front of the Oaklands Store/Oakpark Medical Centre. I passed the place shortly after and both the cars looked pretty bad (Renault Scenic vs. Opel Corsa). I hope everybody is ok, there where no ambulances around at the time as far as I could see. The remaining road can be very narrow when people park on both sides, but I guess the store needs the customers nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ongarboy wrote: »
    It said on Radio kerry that the restaurant will open 7am to midnight Sun to Wed and til 2am Thur - Sat. I'd say if it's a large restaurant with those long opening hours, the different shifts would make up the 53 if that includes part-timers/weekend workers etc. I doubt the 53 roles includes suppliers or contractors brought in to fix the plumbing/electrics etc on ad hoc call outs as surely they would not classify as Rocky Mountain employees...at least that's how I interpret it.

Good news for Tralee alright!

On a separate note, I know it was already mentioned on this thread but Dealz have now confirmed an opening in August in Tralee with 30 new jobs. This is a good jobs week for Tralee! Hopefully the second unit mentioned in the article below secures a big name tenant with more secure jobs!

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/tralee-outlet-for-uk-discounter-1.1442340

The UK discounter Dealz is to open a large new outlet at Abbeycourt in Tralee, Co Kerry.
    The company, which is owned by th UK retailer Poundland, has leased 650sq m (7,000sq ft) close to Tesco, Pamela Scott, Boots, Jack & Jones and Vera Moda.
    Dealz will be creating
    30 jobs when it opens its new store in August. It already trades out of
    25 stores around the country.
    Joint agents CBRE and Ger Carmody Auctioneers are reporting good interest in another retail unit of 506 sq m in the Tralee centre, which is available at €373 per sq m (€35 per sq ft). DTZ Sherry FitzGerald advised Dealz.

They will only be taking a fraction of the new building if that is the case or is it the Cost Plus Sofas place they are talking about for Dealz?

• Advertisement

I wandered into Dealz in Killarney. There are a few bargains in there.

kn wrote: »
    They will only be taking a fraction of the new building if that is the case or is it the Cost Plus Sofas place they are talking about for Dealz?

I'm pretty certain it's the brand new building opposite small Tesco that they are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Does anyone now what kinda if food will be served in the Rocky Mountain place?
    I wonder will it be along the lines of that steak house that used to be in the Cresent shopping centre in limerick? They used to cater for parties and such.
    Lovely place till it closed!
    Hope this new place does well as it would be very easy to nick name it the Rocky Horror Show if things go sour!!

Sale being advertised in the Cost Plus Sofas place that closed down by Tesco starting 10am tomorrow. Advertising up to 75% off. I also noticed that the bargain shelf in Tesco Abbey Court had loads of Father's Day gift set toiletries discounted.

I just seen Mr Price walking around Town looking pretty grim

Eh?:confused:

Sale being advertised in the Cost Plus Sofas place that closed down by Tesco starting 10am tomorrow. Advertising up to 75%. I also noticed that the bargain shelf in Tesco Abbey Court had loads of Father's Day gift set toiletries discounted.

Somebody is going to be smelling good in Cost plus sofas tommorow

Eh?:confused:

Please dont make me explain that. It will knock the good out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Please dont make me explain that. It will knock the good out of it

He'll just have to deal..z with it

• Advertisement