Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

had a coffey and jambon in topaz in mounthawk today, twas amazing, highly recommend the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Sully34 wrote: »
    Christ its quiet here these nights. Someboody start a fight or something

Well if you can't start one there is little hope for the rest of us. admit it you killed bambi's mother!

had a coffey and jambon in topaz in mounthawk today, twas amazing, highly recommend the place.

Shilling reported lol!
    Was that a Danny you had and who the hell is jambon?
    Up that minimum wage Joan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Christ its quiet here these nights. Someboody start a fight or something

Ah Sully , feeling a little lonely...... Don't worry I am back in the Kingdom this pm to offer my condescending 'blow ins' opinion on all the good things Tralee has to offer.
    Planning to try out Yummy's when in Tralee over the weekend. Hopefully weather will be good , hoping to go sailing on Saturday and Sunday.:)

Sounds like dashboard dining!

• Advertisement

Ah Sully , feeling a little lonely...... Don't worry I am back in the Kingdom this pm to offer my condescending 'blow ins' opinion on all the good things Tralee has to offer.
    Planning to try out Yummy's when in Tralee over the weekend. Hopefully weather will be good , hoping to go sailing on Saturday and Sunday.:)

Ok all Traleebees be sure that the presidential suite is in tip top order for our honourable arrivee

Ok all Traleebees be sure that the presidential suite is in tip top order for our honourable arrivee

Thank you Mr. Moran, I knew I could rely on you:)

There was a fund raising collection in town yesterday for Tralee Cricket Club, to raise money for their proposed new grounds . For years they played in Tralee RFC, more recently in the Sportsfield . It would be nice to have a permanent home for the Club.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

There was a fund raising collection in town yesterday for Tralee Cricket Club, to raise money for their proposed new grounds . For years they played in Tralee RFC, more recently in the Sportsfield . It would be nice to have a permanent home for the Club.:)

Not a popular game here, Irish protestant, ex English pats, migrants from India, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Not a game you're going to see the ordinary kid in the street playing. Prob doesn't help when Ireland's 2 best players play for England :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I see that they have a write up on the brouge in the Kerry's Eye property page. For a property with a €395k sale tag the annual rates bill is €22k! Says it all really, over €400/week just to open the door. Who needs protection rackets when have the local authorities running a legalised shakedown of traders for rates for which they get nothing in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Lelantos wrote: »
    Not a popular game here, Irish protestant, ex English pats, migrants from India, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Not a game you're going to see the ordinary kid in the street playing. Prob doesn't help when Ireland's 2 best players play for England :)

I admire the fact that you managed to get through that without mentioning the whole 800 years of oppression thing. :p

groovie wrote: »
    I admire the fact that you managed to get through that without mentioning the whole 800 years of oppression thing. :p

No, I find Irish people get upset when us Brits bring that up ;)

Yummy, Cafe, Restaurant and Market.

Seal of approval from the Tralee Boards Coffee and Cake Appreciation Society.

Met a friend there for coffee this am.

Extremely impressed, great coffee, great menu two lovely ladies Orla and Aoife.

Yummy also sell a range of gluten free products fro their Yummy Market.

Fantastic rural chic decor and children's play area.

Well worth a visit and don't forget to say hello to Sean the Chef!:)

Still the influx of "blow ins" like myself , who played cricket, should help swell the numbers interested participating in the game. With the development of a permanent home for Tralee Cricket Club, hopefully interest from local schools may develop.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Yummy, Cafe, Restaurant and Market.

Seal of approval from the Tralee Boards Coffee and Cake Appreciation Society.

Met a friend there for coffee this am.

Extremely impressed, great coffee, great menu two lovely ladies Orla and Aoife.

Yummy also sell a range of gluten free products fro their Yummy Market.

Fantastic rural chic decor and children's play area.

Well worth a visit and don't forget to say hello to Sean the Chef!:)

Where is this establishment you speak of

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

No, I find Irish people get upset when us Brits bring that up ;)

"doffs cap"

adam88 wrote: »
    Where is this establishment you speak of

Just off The Square, new shop unit next to Abbey.:)

Enjoy:)

kn wrote: »
    I see that they have a write up on the brouge in the Kerry's Eye property page. For a property with a €395k sale tag the annual rates bill is €22k! Says it all really, over €400/week just to open the door. Who needs protection rackets when have the local authorities running a legalised shakedown of traders for rates for which they get nothing in return.

KN, you are correct. That is crazy money before the door opens.!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Still the influx of "blow ins" like myself , who played cricket, should help swell the numbers interested participating in the game. With the development of a permanent home for Tralee Cricket Club, hopefully interest from local schools may develop.
    :)

Not like you're holding a grudge or anything!:pac:

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Not like you're holding a grudge or anything!:pac:

Grudge, you were the one who mentioned the word, not me.

I don't hold grudges.

It is amusing to me how narrow minded and blinkered some people can be. Small town mentality, I guess.

The perception some people have of blowins is absolutely amusing to me.

Roll on the opening of the new Cricket Grounds, the sound of leather on willow while sipping Pimms, on Sunday afternoon ,will add further culture to Tralee.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Was over in the General Hospital last night to visit me young lad. Got there just in time for the Spain v Italy game. We made our way down to the television room and had the place to ourselves,CUSHTY!! Switched on the telly and no bloody channels just a poxy DVD player hooked up to it.

So if anybody has a spare 'poverty box' they could donate to the Rathass Ward it would be appreciated Im sure. Poor ole bastards must be bored out of their skulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Just off The Square, new shop unit next to Abbey.:)

Enjoy:)

Jesus I must have been asleep the last few weeks. Can't place that place at all

Well if you can't start one there is little hope for the rest of us. admit it you killed bambi's mother!

I dont know bud your well able to light a few fireworks yourself

adam88 wrote: »
    Jesus I must have been asleep the last few weeks. Can't place that place at all

across from b mobile & Dowlings shoes & adjoining the abbey. It had been empty since completion I think

Was over in the General Hospital last night to visit me young lad. Got there just in time for the Spain v Italy game. We made our way down to the television room and had the place to ourselves,CUSHTY!! Switched on the telly and no bloody channels just a poxy DVD player hooked up to it.

So if anybody has a spare 'poverty box' they could donate to the Rathass Ward it would be appreciated Im sure. Poor ole bastards must be bored out of their skulls.

The reception in KGH is awful in some wards. Concrete is too thick, no distributer amps in place, even people who brought in their own tv's had little luck getting a pic. There are some wards where reception is ok, but it's hit & miss, bringing in a saorview box won't solve the problems. afraid

The reception in KGH is awful in some wards. Concrete is too thick, no distributer amps in place, even people who brought in their own tv's had little luck getting a pic. There are some wards where reception is ok, but it's hit & miss, bringing in a saorview box won't solve the problems. afraid

Yeah thought there might be more to it than just not having an ariel in place. Its a pity,especially for the ones who can actually get about,the days are long enough over there. We actually picked up Wifi over there but none of the nurses knew the code

Dont know if it was 'Mr Softee' or 'Mr Whipee' but a kid on the estate found a fag butt in his ice-cream boat. Thats what you get for asking for a flake

Dont know if it was 'Mr Softee' or 'Mr Whipee' but a kid on the estate found a fag butt in his ice-cream boat. Thats what you get for asking for a flake

That's how the ciggie companies are hooking younger people these days. They can't advertise anymore, so they slip nicotine into the ice cream & such, get them hooked nice & young, next generation of smokers hooked before they're 12, brilliant marketing ploy. Anyone else fancy a Solero & Hedges now?

Gosh, that is a pity. Thought KGH was relatively modern facility.
    Fortunately have never spent any time in the place. It must be very boring for the patients, no tv& no wifi.
    The Bons is more like hotel accommodation compared with KGH.

• Advertisement

Tralee Art Group has an exhibition in Tralee Library , opening Tuesday 2nd July.
    It runs until 13th July 2013.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement