Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

my god....hob nobs cafe!!! that's a name i haven't heard for a while. the guy that used to own it is the manager of the golf hotel in ballybunion now. anyway, best chipper has to be jimmy greasy's. as for restaurants..........the one in the brandon is fair good for taste and price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Im drawing a blank here, where was hob nobs again?:confused:I remember the name, just cant remember the place!! I agree the burger shack isnt as good as it used to be, but i still rate it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Down near the old Tesco I think. Basically around the corner to the left of where the vodafone shop in the square is now. Not positive though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

it was next to pizza time on the left, where o briens is now, next to oxfam.

:DBest chipper has to be Joans. Best restaurant has to be David Norris. Tom, I think you are biased by naming the Tankard!!!!!!!!!!!;)
    Tomthepost wrote: »
    Ok should we (a) go for best restuarant or (b) best chipper

And if we go for (a) restaurant what four should be the choices
    The Cookery, That place the botton of Denny St (can't remember the name)
    Does the Tankard and places in the likes of Ardfert come under the Tralee Bracket

If we go for (b) best chipper. What four? Mickos, Kali,Joans, Rooster, Viva Burg????

• Advertisement

David norris??! youd have to go for another feed in a chipper afterwards;) or maybe im just starved!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Nice to see regular heads in this thread now - just thinking - anyone fancy a Tralee meet-up sometime?

i would but im pretty much outta here for the next month, unemployment has no driven me to laze around in cork......on the plus side though no more guineys :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Would be on for a meeting up of some sorts. I'm not down to Kerry that often though. Easter will be the next time and busy schedule then for most people I guess.

Well I moved back to Tralee to try and find a job here, so I should be around most of the time if that works out! Fingers crossed eh!

• Advertisement

Good luck with that!!

Yeah its not exactly going well. Having said that.. if i knew what i wanted to do it might be easier!!! :(

Surely something techy going by your tag?

Music/tech. Im a complicated one hehe! Computer Science + Sound engineering, but then I did a load of research stuff, and now i dunno what to do! Confuddled!

A bit over my head id say:p, not sure if there would be alot of work for that kinda thing down here.What sort of research do you do as a computer scientist and sound engineer?

Nope, there isn't any work like that odwn here. I moved back to see what the next career step should be, but kinda got to like the place again, wldnt mind finding an IT job here.

My research was to do with developing software to analyse the singing voice!! Mad techie jargon stuff. :)

I think my ears are good enough to analyse the singing voice, think it saved me alot of research:D

Indeed, you are right! Im good at complicated things to make them techie :)

Maybe they could pay you for moderating!!:p

Id like that! You wanna suggest it for me? :D

• Advertisement

Is that a new subway restauraunt i see being built up by chartbusters...il be as fat as a house if it is!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

Up by chartbusters??Is it not going up Oakpark or did i just imagine that?

The units by Chartbusters - where the AIB used to be have been taken over by Horans Fruit and Veg and a separate shop for Horans Health. Opened today I think.

No idea about Subway. Where in Oakpark dya think it is?

440Hz wrote: »
    The units by Chartbusters - where the AIB used to be have been taken over by Horans Fruit and Veg and a separate shop for Horans Health. Opened today I think.

No idea about Subway. Where in Oakpark dya think it is?

Ah, was wondering because i saw vegetabley pictures up on the walls in the shop not too unlike subways, though as you say the other rumour is subway could be opening up beside mcelligotts shop in oakpark, still not bad!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tyther

The new subway is opening next to the carryout and butchers in oakpark,or so the story goes.

its not a story, my brothers freind works for the auctioneers who sold/rented/leased or whatevered the premisis, also one of my close freinds family own the subway in the square and they were notified of the other one opening.....Id still have prefered a real chipper in oakpark though.

up with the calorie count then,:D it will be way too easy to stop off there on the way home!!!

sur its a good thing subway is so healthy then ;)

well,thats what they tell us anyway!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I've seen threads mention horans fruit & veg - my mother used to go to the one in the square years ago - put me off my greens :eek: the place was filthy !!! nearly put me off veggies for life.
    Now that I've kids of my own (and fed up of getting rubbish fruit/veg. in supermarkets:mad:)
    I've stareted using the shop in Rock Street, that was recommended to me by a friend,
    Guaranteed quality/fresheness,prices are good and the range of products is as good as any Tesco/Dunnes - I'm not into the prepared stuff. And the staff are always very heplful & friendly - would you belive they even play with the kids while I'm browsing around
    They will even offer to help bring your box/bag to the car -- or "would you like us to deliver that for you" - I'm not sure if they charge for that.

TO THE HORAN GREENGROCER ROCK STREET :):)
    Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement