Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Right! Nothing better I like to spend my time on of a Sunday evening than cleaning up petty crap on here, thanks guys.

I have deleted MANY posts, and have probably missed a few - anything that is still here, that upsets/offends anyone, report it, and I'll delete.

As for the arguments, and those involved - STOP NOW! This is a friendly thread for chat relating to the topic of Tralee, not general chit-chat or drivel and not arguments. READ THE CHARTER.

I am choosing not to ban or infract anyone at this point as there are so many people involved in this nonsense. But you should all take this as a warning. If I have to come back and spring clean like this again I will take more action than this cleanup.

Play nicely, grow up, read the charter, and take your drivel elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

What happened to the last 10 pages of comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

adam88 wrote: »

Gone! Most of it was either about an argument, an argument or drivel. I tried to keep as much as I could, but there really was very little! I know that people will start the post-count thing now, but that's what happens in a cleanup I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

adam88 wrote: »
    They got dumped because they were full of rubbish. Im away from here for a few days and boom it goes crazy. Please try and keep it civil this time around, any more stupidity and its not a warning that will be dished out. Thanks to 440 for the tidy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

440Hz wrote: »
    Gone! Most of it was either about an argument, an argument or drivel. I tried to keep as much as I could, but there really was very little! I know that people will start the post-count thing now, but that's what happens in a cleanup I'm afraid.

Yera post counts don't matter a damn really long as all this is sorted. Cheers to both of ye for hopefully putting an end to all this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

did anyone hear that Dowdie's bar in Boherbee is closing tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

No, but heard that The Brogue is sold:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

wow, that was fast!

Sully34 wrote: »
    Anybody know if that gluten free place in Ivy Terrace is worth dropping into?

just to let you know, they don't open Monday's, its Tuesday - Sat :)

It amazes me what gets bought and sold in this town, there will have to be a serious turnover in there to turn a profit.

New suit shop opening over in Manor shortly too.

• Advertisement

It amazes me what gets bought and sold in this town, there will have to be a serious turnover in there to turn a profit.

spotted that suit shop today, its in beside the Streat, in where Lots were.

Heard the same actually last night, that place was meant to doing alright apparently so who knows.

The man or woman who bought that must have balls o steel to make a go of it, having said that the price was a steal considering it's location, full furnished and licence. It would be nice if it picked up, remember going in their on a friday night years back and it was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I thought I saw it already open last week, isn't it next to the street cafe? I saw another new shop next to it, flair , I bought some clipper oil in there , it seemed like a decent shop, was fairly busy to .

Has anyone used the mechanics called R & A Autos up beside where Kingdom Autopoint used to be on the Listowel road?
    I saw them advertising on facebook with a good deal. Are they good? this is what they said?

New deal for next week only. all cars under 2lt serviced for only €75 inc vat or less depending on engine size. This also includes free mini valet and free nct check inc diagnostic check. Can you afford not to avail of this. Feel free to let the suits service your car for €0000, we use top quality oils (inc higher spec bmw-audi-merc) and filter same as the dealers. Got an nct coming up lets us check your car for free, its always the small stuff people forget to check like number plate bulbs or seat belts. As from next week we will also have quality used cars to suit all budgets so if your in the market for car give me a call and check out our stock. We are based on the Listowel road as you leave Tralee after new roundabout.

I thought I saw it already open last week, isn't it next to the street cafe?.
    Yep, where Lots used to be. Will be a neat shop when finished. I was surprised Lots pulled out.

Has anyone used the mechanics called R & A Autos up beside where Kingdom Autopoint used to be on the Listowel road?
    I saw them advertising on facebook with a good deal. Are they good? this is what they said?

New deal for next week only. all cars under 2lt serviced for only €75 inc vat or less depending on engine size. This also includes free mini valet and free nct check inc diagnostic check. Can you afford not to avail of this. Feel free to let the suits service your car for €0000, we use top quality oils (inc higher spec bmw-audi-merc) and filter same as the dealers. Got an nct coming up lets us check your car for free, its always the small stuff people forget to check like number plate bulbs or seat belts. As from next week we will also have quality used cars to suit all budgets so if your in the market for car give me a call and check out our stock. We are based on the Listowel road as you leave Tralee after new roundabout.

Mmmmmmm..........if it is to good to be true?
    Labour, oil & filters together with a mini valet for €75 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

I still cant believe the town council rates for the brouge are 22grand a year, my god how the hell does anything stay open in tralee.

Yep, where Lots used to be. Will be a neat shop when finished. I was surprised Lots pulled out.

I think he owns outright the current retail unit hes in now by the marina, makes sense I bose, no rent!.

Mmmmmmm..........if it is to good to be true?
    Labour, oil & filters together with a mini valet for €75 ???

Cheap indeed. Not much profit on that.

I still cant believe the town council rates for the brouge are 22grand a year, my god how the hell does anything stay open in tralee.

the rates in this town are probably the biggest reason places do close, and don't open here! Isn't Tralee meant to have the most expensive rates outside of Dublin? something like that anyway!
    Its crippling businesses, and the council don't do enough to improve it. I know they will 'help' businesses if they come talk to them, but they generally are not helping to reduce them across the board. Maybe if the town clerk got rid of one of his 2 secretaries, they could help reduce costs! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

2 secretaries, you couldn't make it up. will he be gone too when the abolish town councils next year?

2 secretaries, you couldn't make it up. will he be gone too when the abolish town councils next year?

yep, 2! I remember we contacted the office once, and both secretaries were on their lunch, at the same time!? :confused:

Cheap indeed. Not much profit on that.

Still I wish them every success in their new venture. It is not easy opening a business in the current climate:)

yep, 2! I remember we contacted the office once, and both secretaries were on their lunch, at the same time!? :confused:

Not wishing to cause offence to anyone , were they at lunch with the Town Clerk? .......... Curious!

I guess the new owner will negotiate a revised figure with the Council:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Basically the gross margin on the first 400 pints a week pulled is gone to pay the rates ONLY. No labour, insurances, energy, waste etc etc costs paid in the first 400 pints. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Not quite. They all just get transferred to Kerry County Council with jobs in their grade. With 3 Town Councils going there could be significant over staffing/inventing of jobs for a few years yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I guess the new owner will negotiate a revised figure with the Council:)

Benners rates were €1000 a week, they will have to shift a lot of Turborg to get into the black if someone takes it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

440Hz wrote: »

Just a query, does anyone know what happened to the years worth of posts that someone lost doing a cleanup?.......not looking at any motor vehicle archeology enthusiast :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Lelantos wrote: »
    Benners rates were €1000 a week, they will have to shift a lot of Turborg to get into the black if someone takes it on

Heard today that the owner of the golf hotel in Ballybunion has taken it over. Not sure if he bought it or took over the lease. He's ex bar manager was manager there before it **** down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement