Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a guitar fixed and tuned in Tralee?
    440Hz wrote: »
    Culloty's (near Easons) still do repairs I think.

Yeah go in and ask for Nick, But dont know what you want it tuned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sully34 wrote: »
    Yeah go in and ask for Nick, But dont know what you want it tuned for?
    Set the intonation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

But dont know what you want it tuned for?

There's an app for that :p And a gadget!

Set the intonation?

Yeah but it could be out of tune again by the time he gets home. Just buy a tuner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

To be truthful, if you have time, there are loads of do it yourself vids on YouTube. Anything from installing pickups, to putting in a new nut, to adjusting the neck. Tuning a guitar isn't a big deal at all

• Advertisement

Lelantos wrote: »
    To be truthful, if you have time, there are loads of do it yourself vids on YouTube. Anything from installing pickups, to putting in a new nut, to adjusting the neck. Tuning a guitar isn't a big deal at all

Still dont know whats wrong with his guitar though,could be in two ****ing halves for all we know

Still dont know whats wrong with his guitar though,could be in two ****ing halves for all we know

I could make him a ukulele?

I could make him a ukulele?

They'd need to tune that too though :p

Shouldnt be taking the Mick out of the lad really,I mean he came on here with a genuine question and everybody starts taking the piss?

Shouldnt be taking the Mick out of the lad really,I mean he came on here with a genuine question and everybody starts taking the piss?

We're not! I gave my helpful answer. Now discussing how even ukeleles need to be tuned :-)

Culloty's is the way to go, and buy a tuner for home time when they fix it, if they can!

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I could get a guitar fixed and tuned in Tralee?
    Let me know whats wrong with it and I will see if I can fix it for you,plus I wont rob you

No, he's getting good advice, all we need is to know exactly what's wrong. He's been told where to go, he may even get offers of help on here if he gave a detailed description of the prob
    Edit. You beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

One of the tuning pegs on the guitar clicks everytime it's turned 360 degrees, and effectively resets how this string is tuned/sounds. Not into guitars myself but that's what I'm being told is wrong with it. Does this sound familiar? Or even make sense?

One of the tuning pegs on the guitar clicks everytime it's turned 360 degrees, and effectively resets how this string is tuned/sounds. Not into guitars myself but that's what I'm being told is wrong with it. Does this sound familiar? Or even make sense?

Cog is worn & slipping from the sound of it. It's an acoustic ?

Cog is worn & slipping from the sound of it. It's an acoustic ?

Yes sir. It is.

Yes sir. It is.

Bring it into Nick in Cullotys, they would have spare pegs & strips for such jobs. A lot of brands like Tanglewood, Ibanez & some Yamahas try to keep uniformity in their tuning heads/pegs, so it shouldn't be a difficult repair at all.

Thanks for your help, will do that when I get a chance. Thanks for the help from everyone else too. I know nothing and I mean nothing about guitars so I do appreciate it. All I know about this one is that it was bought from Buskers, ha. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

does Lional Dorrington (?) down near Abbeygate hotel (or what used to be that hotel) still do tv repairs?
    Ours died on us tonight all of a sudden!

all part of 'Mercury Retrograde' me thinks!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    does Lional Dorrington (?) down near Abbeygate hotel (or what used to be that hotel) still do tv repairs?
    Ours died on us tonight all of a sudden!

all part of 'Mercury Retrograde' me thinks!

If it's an old CRT tube, perhaps, but parts are hard to come by, time waiting for a repair, then the cost, it would prob not be a huge amount more to buy a new tv

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If it's an old CRT tube, perhaps, but parts are hard to come by, time waiting for a repair, then the cost, it would prob not be a huge amount more to buy a new tv

ah balls! yep, thats what it is! My hubby just said the same thing, so new tv I guess (now to find some money :confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yeah opening up on Wednesday

Why would you say that Aldi is opening on Wednesday when the foundation has only barely been finished as of this weekend just gone?

I believe I read somewhere that October is the scheduled opening date.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Why would you say that Aldi is opening on Wednesday when the foundation has only barely been finished as of this weekend just gone?

I believe I read somewhere that October is the scheduled opening date.

Sully was hopping ball, that was all. The trolleys going in quip should have given it away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    ah balls! yep, thats what it is! My hubby just said the same thing, so new tv I guess (now to find some money :confused:)

Soy store haves a Sale on . Huge stock clearance. It may be cheaper in the long term to buy a new unit rather than getting your present tv repaired.:) see it as a treat to yourselves. The new models have fantastic picture clarity , sound etc.
    Be kind to your selves. Perhaps it could be purchased as a joint Summer treat:)

Soy store haves a Sale on . Huge stock clearance. It may be cheaper in the long term to buy a new unit rather than getting your present tv repaired.:) see it as a treat to yourselves. The new models have fantastic picture clarity , sound etc.
    Be kind to your selves. Perhaps it could be purchased as a joint Summer treat:)

Soy store? Is that a new chinese outlet? You get a tv & a takeaway to boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That autocorrect drives me mad. Should of course be Soundstore.:)

More reports for this thread this morning, sigh! Guys, until things settle down here, it might be wise to keep things a little more serious and not joke about stores opening or splitting guitars into ukeleles. Some readers/posters are viewing this as a wind up, in light of the recent posts. Anyway, let's tone it down for a bit until the dust settles.

Horrible weather today

People are being put off posting in this thread.

This thread is for everyone, not just for a few (sometimes overly sarcastic) posters.

This place used to be welcoming, and a thread where newcomers could say hello. Time to bring it back to that. Come one guys, drop the keyboard warrior routines.

Anyone got any ideas for a good beef stew recipe? Something warm & satisfying?

• Advertisement

Traveller caravans that have been parked behind the town hall are being moved today I believe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement