Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Lelantos wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas for a good beef stew recipe? Something warm & satisfying?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-and-ale-stew

YUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

440Hz wrote: »

That's not a bad one in fairness. I'm sick of doing lamb stews

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

What did I miss here, have ye all been bold boredies again, tisk tisk.

h'Anyway a local screenwriter first feature length film is having it's Irish premier in Galway soon, here is what she had to say about Tralee in an interview.

SPOILER ALERT: Those of the 'Tralee is the biggest s###hole on the planet' persuasion might not like this.
    "As much as I'm enamored by the cinematic landscape of West Kerry, I think I'm more inspired by Tralee and all its characters," says Ailbhe. "Tralee gets such bad press but it's a great town, a very real place full of real characters. It's small enough to hold some of these characters in a shared public affection. I love that."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Soy store haves a Sale on . Huge stock clearance. It may be cheaper in the long term to buy a new unit rather than getting your present tv repaired.:) see it as a treat to yourselves. The new models have fantastic picture clarity , sound etc.
    Be kind to your selves. Perhaps it could be purchased as a joint Summer treat:)

we are going to head up to Soundstore later, so good to know there's a sale on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kingdumb wrote: »
    What did I miss here, have ye all been bold boredies again, tisk tisk.

h'Anyway a local screenwriter first feature length film is having it's Irish premier in Galway soon, here is what she had to say about Tralee in an interview.

SPOILER ALERT: Those of the 'Tralee is the biggest s###hole on the planet' persuasion might not like this.

good woman Ailbhe :) great to see her doing well, she's lovely, as are all her family :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Yes I was there this am and bought a new TV for my mother in law!:)

Genuine sale, sales consultant was very courteous,knowledgeable,and extremely helpful.

Well done Soundstore!

See, people are being put off posting in this thread. conjollins, you should feel free to post, and certainly don't feel like Bosco is boxed ;)

This thread is for everyone, not just for a few (sometimes overly sarcastic) posters.

This place used to be welcoming, and a thread where newcomers could say hello. Time to bring it back to that. Come one guys, drop the keyboard warrior routines.

Con jollins, welcome to Tralee thread.

I thought your post was an interesting one. Please keep posting

Best Regards,

Del:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone here have membership with the library in moderwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Saw a good deal on a TV in Argos earlier this week too, it was 32" for around 270ish, was on special behind the counter where you collect the stuff, maybe it's in catalogue too but just happened to notice it as I paid 299 in Lidl for same size one. Now don't know about specs etc, once it has a picture it does me :)

Con jollins, welcome to Tralee thread.

I thought your post was an interesting one. Please keep posting

How nice! On that note, welcome to all the new posters. Please disregard the out of character antics of the last few days and enjoy the thread, the banter and the town :-)

Happy posting!

• Advertisement

Ask for Igor, he's a good lad & no bs out of him.
    at this stage, you should go for a 42" screen, not v expensive anymore, stay away from plasma screens, they aren't as long lasting as LCD which are probably the most popular. LED screens are the best power consumption wise, but they are very slim & sometimes the sound quality isn't hectic. Look at Samsung, best bang for your buck at the moment

at this stage, you should go for a 42" screen, not v expensive anymore, stay away from plasma screens, they aren't as long lasting as LCD which are probably the most popular. LED screens are the best power consumption wise, but they are very slim & sometimes the sound quality isn't hectic. Look at Samsung, best bang for your buck at the moment

I agree with Lelantos, Samsung is good value for money.
    The TV I bought for my Mother in law in Soundstore is Samsung. :)

I think Igor has since left Soundstore, I might be wrong though. I know he is working in 'The Night Jar' now.

I dealt with Igor on a previous occasion when I bought an Internet radio for Mrs. Del , he was extremely helpful. I did not meet him today, I must say any visits to Sounstore have been very :)pleasant.

I think Igor has since left Soundstore, I might be wrong though. I know he is working in 'The Night Jar' now.

That could be correct, Igor is a mixologist & worked in Israel & worked for O'Halloran before. He's quite impressive when the bottles & glasses are being twirled in the air, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

See, people are being put off posting in this thread. conjollins, you should feel free to post, and certainly don't feel like Bosco is boxed ;)

This thread is for everyone, not just for a few (sometimes overly sarcastic) posters.

This place used to be welcoming, and a thread where newcomers could say hello. Time to bring it back to that. Come one guys, drop the keyboard warrior routines.

Is there a problem with how I replied to the post or something? The poster posed a question and I answered it in the most rational way I could.
    I don't understand how you could take the subsequent reply as meaning the poster is not going to post here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

That could be correct, Igor is a mixologist & worked in Israel & worked for O'Halloran before. He's quite impressive when the bottles & glasses are being twirled in the air, :)

Absolute gent, I don't think he's in the night jar, but I could be wrong.

I'd agree with everything on the TV's too, except I would definitely go LED, full HD and probably with LG ;). None of that 3d or smart nonsense

conjollins wrote: »
    Cant beat the voice of popular public opinion - this Bosco is firmly back in his box! :-)

Perhaps you might clarify if the reply I made to your comment in someway offended you.

How nice! On that note, welcome to all the new posters. Please disregard the out of character antics of the last few days and enjoy the thread, the banter and the town :-)

Happy posting!

As a new poster and long time observer here thanks for the welcome. Pity it took another poster being constantly mistreated to pluck up the courage to post in the first place.
    Also good to see that my first post seemed to go down well with many although one or two decided to take cheap shots by accusing Sully of opening a second account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Absolute gent, I don't think he's in the night jar, but I could be wrong.

I'd agree with everything on the TV's too, except I would definitely go LED, full HD and probably with LG ;). None of that 3d or smart nonsense

Defo a samsung guy I am, I honeslty think any person who has a 3D TV should be shot, cosey night in, take away, 3D DVD and stupid glasses on the head then for the night. No thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Defo a samsung guy I am, I honeslty think any person who has a 3D TV should be shot, cosey night in, take away, 3D DVD and stupid glasses on the head then for the night. No thank you.
    Yea, and the smart tv does little more than my unison box did 13 years ago :D

Is there a problem with how I replied to the post or something?

None at all. Just the poster's response sounded like they were put off. Perhaps they weren't. I was simply replying to encourage them to stay. Any other comment in that post is a general comment on recent reports etc. not intended to be poster-specific.

None at all. Just the poster's response sounded like they were put off. Perhaps they weren't. I was simply replying to encourage them to stay. Any other comment in that post is a general comment on recent reports etc. not intended to be poster-specific.

Hopefully they might clarify. My response was pretty similar to what others had said.

Hopefully they might clarify. My response was pretty similar to what others had said.

Does it matter either way? Noone is being singled, nor is any response. Just trying to make the place a little more welcoming in light of recent events.

Does it matter either way? Noone is being singled, nor is any response. Just trying to make the place a little more welcoming in light of recent events.

In light of your reply to the post and and some other replies it probably does matter yes all things considered and in light of the drivel over the last few days. Basically the post is potentially design to s-hit stir and we have had enough of that I thought.

In light of your reply to the post and and some other replies it probably does matter yes all things considered and in light of the drivel over the last few days.

Ok.

Well all I can say then is that I'm not surprised that people don't feel they can post. I was just trying to make it friendlier for everyone.

One poster may or may not have felt sidelined by one response, so I tried to settle that in a general way. Now it seems you didn't like that post, so it's going around in circles!

I've already explained my intention. This thread has become sensitive and defensive and I was trying, as I said, in a general, non-specific way to ease that tension. Noone or no post was singled out.
    Basically the post is potentially design to s-hit stir and we have had enough of that I thought.

Whose post is? I don't see how. Perhaps PM is best for this. I don't see the need to discuss this in thread, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid.

If you would like me to edit my comment to make it clear that I was not directing anything at you, I will do. As far as I was concerned, I was trying to encourage the poster to keep posting and then made a general comment addressed to the entire thread population. I didn't even quote any of your post.

PM me if you want to discuss it.

Whose post is? I don't see how. Perhaps PM is best for this. I don't see the need to discuss this in thread, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid.

I don' t envy your job of moderating here to be honest but I'm not going pm on this either. I logged on here this evening to find a very basic post which I can't see would cause any offence was jumped on as if it did. I think my posting history shows I am all for more people posting here. It would be a very bland and boring place otherwise.
    No more to say on the matter for the sake of everyone else here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I understand that the after hours thread is an excellent place for a 'hop ball'.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

I think it has to be said that this thread was so welcoming because it had the 'same' posters welcoming eachother on here everyday. I have to add that since my time posting on here I have received a lot of PMs from people who were too 'afraid' to post on here. I have tried to persuade them otherwise and said everybody should feel free to post on this thread but they would say they always felt bullied on here by certain posters

• Advertisement

Have you got any recipes to share? In the spirit of entente cordiale and all that.

Got a good one for a low calorie chicken biryani but I'm afraid Rachel Allen wouldn't be too happy if I claimed it to be my own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement