Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Got a good one for a low calorie chicken biryani but I'm afraid Rachel Allen wouldn't be too happy if I claimed it to be my own.

I'm quite sure Rachel Allen didn't invent chicken biryani, so if it's a good'un shoot it my way

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

This is a Tralee thread. Now people should post whatever they want on here about Tralee,whether it be good or bad. People posting the good points will get the obligatory 'thanks' and its always great to get some positives posts about the Town,God knows it needs it.
    But when people outline the negative points about the Town,they should feel free to do so,this is a forum after all and the bad points will always bring up a healthy debate,some may even call it banter but thats what makes this thread intresting.

So lets not go spoil that with coming down too heavy on posters. With that said,of course there are times things get out of hand,I will be first to admit I have been guilty of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Lelantos wrote: »
    I'm quite sure Rachel Allen didn't invent chicken biryani, so if it's a good'un shoot it my way

Its the Lo Cal element of the recipe I liked. PM sent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Its the Lo Cal element of the recipe I liked. PM sent on it.

Too many Anglo/Asian recipes call for quarts of double cream, nice to see something that won't give me a coronary

Lets do pub talk:)
    Top 5 pubs in Tralee? (still open)

• Advertisement

Lets do pub talk:)
    Top 5 pubs in Tralee? (still open)

An Teach Beag
    Paddy Macs
    The Blasket
    The Greyhound
    Sean Ogs

Anywhere with live music really

Looking over the threads on the Kerry Page.
    Got to love the one called Kerry County Council Banned from Boards.ie
    The OP on that really has a future as a sub-editor!

Sully34 wrote: »
    An Teach Beag
    Paddy Macs
    The Blasket
    The Greyhound
    Sean Ogs

Where is An Teach Beag?

Where is An Teach Beag?

Used to be the Town and Country

• Advertisement

Used to be the Town and Country

Never even noticed the name change:o
    Good spot that alright.
    Not a Baileys or Osbourne fan Sully?
    Really need to observe more but are the likes of Turners, the Four Seasons, the White House and the Haven still open?

Never even noticed the name change:o
    Good spot that alright.
    Really need to observe more but are the likes of Turners, the Four Seasons, the White House and the Haven still open?

Yeah Baileys aint bad and could even nudge the Greyhound out of my top 5. Dont venture up towards the Four Seasons but its still open as is Turners. I got a shock when I saw that The Rovers Return had shut down,when did that happen?

Yeah Baileys aint bad and could even nudge the Greyhound out of my top 5. Dont venture up towards the Four Seasons but its still open as is Turners. I got a shock when I saw that The Rovers Return had shut down,when did that happen?

Quinlans would have to be in my top 5. Remember getting served a pint at 6.30pm one evening it was like getting served in the off licence at 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Oh, I'm still here :-) took a while to get through the pages, was ordering a pizza too, it's on its way, starving here. When it comes to pubs I'm very set in my ways, I'll always start my night out in the Mall, always been there since I started going out. for the other 4 honestly lads I'm easy I'll go where ever people in my group want to go, but I like going to the Ballymac bar too.

Loved the old oak, liked ruairi's, (haven't been in the new version of it) abbey (old) was nice.

bobdcow wrote: »
    Oh, I'm still here :-) took a while to get through the pages, was ordering a pizza too, it's on its way, starving here. When it comes to pubs I'm very set in my ways, I'll always start my night out in the Mall, always been there since I started going out. for the other 4 honestly lads I'm easy I'll go where ever people in my group want to go, but I like going to the Ballymac bar too.

Loved the old oak, liked ruairi's, (haven't been in the new version of it) abbey (old) was nice.

Got to agree the Old Oak was pretty good. Never was a big fan of Ruairi's. What is it called these days?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »

I loved the Old Oak, great place for live music. I also liked Vals, they did great cocktails!
    Don't go out much anymore, but An Cearnog is a nice bar & Paddy Macs. I used to go to the old Abbey a lot, I did like it also when the did the refurb, but due to their ignorant/rude/obnoxious door staff, I haven't been since Nov and no intentions of rushing back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got to agree the Old Oak was pretty good. Never was a big fan of Ruairi's. What is it called these days?

I was never a fan of Ruairi's either, its now called 'Night Jar' :rolleyes: havent been in there since it reopened, but apparently its pretty much the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

An Teach Beag
    Paddy Macs
    The Blasket
    The Greyhound
    Sean Ogs

Mine would be

Bettys
    Sean Ogs
    The Blasket
    Bailys (much preferred to old Bailys though)
    Hennessys beer garden on a warm summers evening before it gets too crowded is actually quite pleasant too.

I really miss Roundys - always had our warm up drinks there! Loved Willie Darcys too but just find the new reincarnation a bit dull tbh.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Mine would be

Bettys
    Sean Ogs
    The Blasket
    Bailys (much preferred to old Bailys though)
    Hennessys beer garden on a warm summers evening before it gets too crowded is actually quite pleasant too.

I really miss Roundys - always had our warm up drinks there! Loved Willie Darcys too but just find the new reincarnation a bit dull tbh.

Has Roundy's closed again? I thought it reopened under new management (again) a few months ago?
    I have to say I still haven't been inside Bailey's since it moved! As I said, I rarely go out anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

A few hours offline and I get to return to 5 reports and 2 PMs. Can ye not play nicely for a couple of hours? Loads of pointless off-topic posts and subtle trolling here again. I'm locking the thread, and cleaning up again. I think I'll leave it cool a bit this time.

Seriously, why are people set on ruining a local thread like this? The subtle way it's happening may be escaping temp bannings so far, but bear in mind we can simply just close the thread if I keep getting an inbox full of reports every day.

• Advertisement

I'm an Osborne drinker myself. I like Jess McCarthy's too. Tired of most of the other places by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Has val o sheas any notion of opening again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Is this thread gone a bit hay wire again or is it shut down or what. Can't see any posts since last night. Not even my own?

conjollins wrote: »
    No offence taken TBM - just to clarify my post about Bosco being put back in his box was not meant to single out you - I had got a number of other replies with similar views to you on the whole voucher thing - hence the reference to popular public opinion. My reply was simply a half hearted semi-acceptance that maybe my original post regarding the vouchers was wrong in the 1st place. Being new to this place I had no idea I was shaking the hornets nest with my reply (nor had I any intention to) - so apologies if it was miscontrued.

Nicely put, and welcome again. Hopefully you haven't been put off by the past few days! It's not the usual going-ons for here.

Is this thread gone a bit hay wire again or is it shut down or what. Can't see any posts since last night. Not even my own?

A limited number of posts were cut last night again. I don't enjoy spending my time cleaning up any more than you guys like losing posts/post-counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 conjollins

440Hz wrote: »
    Nicely put, and welcome again. Hopefully you haven't been put off by the past few days! It's not the usual going-ons for here.
    Not at all 440 and thanks for keepin an eye on the new kid :-)

anyway, so how are we all today? :)

conjollins wrote: »
    No offence taken TBM - just to clarify my post about Bosco being put back in his box was not meant to single out you - I had got a number of other replies with similar views to you on the whole voucher thing - hence the reference to popular public opinion. My reply was simply a half hearted semi-acceptance that maybe my original post regarding the vouchers was wrong in the 1st place. Being new to this place I had no idea I was shaking the hornets nest with my reply (nor had I any intention to) - so apologies if it was miscontrued.

Thanks for the clarification. Pity those that should no better decided to cause trouble and take your comments out of context.
    This comment will be no doubt deleted as people can't take any responsibility for there actions here. Quote charter rules when not relevant. Break the charter rules themselves and delete posts that cause them embarassment when they mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Thanks for the clarification. Pity those that should no better decided to cause trouble and take your comments out of context.
    This comment will be no doubt deleted as people can't take any responsibility for there actions here. Quote charter rules when not relevant. Break the charter rules themselves and delete posts that cause them embarassment when they mess up.

Ah jaysus will you stop being so precious and let it go so we can all move on with our lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    anyway, so how are we all today? :)

I'm good, how are you? :) So....lovely weather we're having :p

(Reading this thread has become very boring, lets talk about nice things again!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement