Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Reading this thread has become very boring, lets talk about nice things again!

Anyone check out the various events/line-ups for this year's festival yet? I just had a look earlier, http://roseoftralee.ie/street-events/music-gigs, might go to Fred. I haven't been to anything at the festival in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I like Oracle but I really don't feel they're the type of music you want on the main stage on a big night like Saturday. Last year I was in the Square for them on the Saturday night (I think it was) and while it's great music it's a bit....maudlin for drinking outside during the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Ah jaysus will you stop being so precious and let it go so we can all move on with our lives.

Im not the problem here. To put it in perspective the Moderator who decided to take a posters comment out of context at my expense is not big enough to apologise, does not reply to PM's, and has now issued a warning and an infraction for trolling. Any suggestions on what I can do about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Im not the problem here. To put it in perspective the Moderator who decided to take a posters comment out of context at my expense is not big enough to apologise, does not reply to PM's, and has now issued a warning and an infraction for trolling. Any suggestions on what I can do about this?

Complain via pm to another mod or something, please stop dragging the thread backwards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Claretjug

From following this thread the last while i doubt very much that The Banger Man is going to get anyone to come out and support him.I think that he is being targeted here by one Mod in particular and i for one think that he hasnt posted anything that was inaccurate or offensive or even that could be regarded as trolling.
    There are too many people on here that just seem to agree for the sake of either Thanking or Agreeing so as to keep on the right side of Mods or on the side of regular posters and then when somebody new comes on that upsets the status quo, they are picked upon and end up inevitably leaving the Tralee thread;and who could blame them.
    Obviously the Mods have seen this scenario unfold so they now have resorted to practically begging new people to post on this thread.
    Long live free speech and the few who are willing to try and point out both the positive and negative things about Tralee.
    Slan.

• Advertisement

I did not take anything out of context at your expense, I made that very clear when I posted my general appeal for increased friendliness here.

I have responded to your PM, when a response was required.

I offered to edit the post for you, but there was nothing directed at you, hence no apology required.

The infraction/warning are for breaking site rules, simple as that. The numerous reports for your posts over the past few days speak for themselves.

Now please, if you have further issues, contact either myself or carchaeologist. It is not appropriate to discuss these issues in a public thread, which simply serves to ruin it for the other posters.

Claretjug wrote: »
    I think that he is being targeted here by one Mod in particular and i for one think that he hasnt posted anything that was inaccurate or offensive or even that could be regarded as trolling.

He is not being targeted by anyone. Users have reported his posts repeatedly, therefore action is required. I am not the one reporting the posts, so I am certainly not targeting anyone, simply acting on the reports.

As for welcoming new posters ... simply being polite I'm afraid, no conspiracy theory required.

Welcome Claretjug for your first post in the Kerry forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

build a bridge and get over it man and stop your persistant moaning

I see o mahoneys book shop is getting a well over due face lift!! Some shop fitters there today tidying up the frontage. A lick of paint will tidy it up nicely for the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

traleespud wrote: »
    I see o mahoneys book shop is getting a well over due face lift!! Some shop fitters there today tidying up the frontage. A lick of paint will tidy it up nicely for the area!

Good, I must say I like that shop - always a good selection of books.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I see the Castle Off Licence is getting a lick of paint too

Lelantos wrote: »
    I see the Castle Off Licence is getting a lick of paint too

Tis like getting ready for the corpus christi procession!!! Only a bit later!! :eek:

Claretjug wrote: »
    From following this thread the last while i doubt very much that The Banger Man is going to get anyone to come out and support him.I think that he is being targeted here by one Mod in particular and i for one think that he hasnt posted anything that was inaccurate or offensive or even that could be regarded as trolling.
    There are too many people on here that just seem to agree for the sake of either Thanking or Agreeing so as to keep on the right side of Mods or on the side of regular posters and then when somebody new comes on that upsets the status quo, they are picked upon and end up inevitably leaving the Tralee thread;and who could blame them.
    Obviously the Mods have seen this scenario unfold so they now have resorted to practically begging new people to post on this thread.
    Long live free speech and the few who are willing to try and point out both the positive and negative things about Tralee.
    Slan.

Below taken straight from the Boards.ie FAQ's

No freedom of speech.
    This is a private website. There is no "right" to freedom of speech here. We, the Admins and moderators DO want to promote discussion but FREE un-moderated discussion online turns into a screaming match between children. We believe that rules of etiquette should be applied (see below). Shouting about how we have infringed your "freedom of speech" on a privately owned website is silly. You can use blogger.com to say what YOU like, what you aren’t entitled to is access to the community we have built here without abiding by the community's rules, as decided and enforced by us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

440Hz wrote: »
    Anyone check out the various events/line-ups for this year's festival yet? I just had a look earlier, http://roseoftralee.ie/street-events/music-gigs, might go to Fred. I haven't been to anything at the festival in years!

Can't wait to see the Stunning! Always been a big fan. I remember going to see them in the Dome when I was about 13 with my sister & being right up the front! good memories :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Spotted O'Mahoney's getting their shopfront done today too, about time! I know Atlas House is being refurbished at the moment and all the guys who were living in there were moved to Galway while its being done. I was saying only yesterday that I'd say O'Mahoney's would be done too if its all being refurbished. Its a lovely shop actually, they have some nice books in there.

Now if only the FAS office would take note!! Someone mentioned to me today too that Lifestyle sports shop in the Mall could do with a lick of pain too! Makes the town look good if the shops are keeping their shopfronts tidy and clean :)

Oh and I think Dowdies in Boherbee is reopening soon. They are doing some work inside sanding the floor etc, not sure when its opening again, but Seanie the owner is going to run it for a while from what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

Quinlans would have to be in my top 5. Remember getting served a pint at 6.30pm one evening it was like getting served in the off licence at 16.

My favourite bar

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

ongarboy wrote: »
    Mine would be

Bettys
    Sean Ogs
    The Blasket
    Bailys (much preferred to old Bailys though)
    Hennessys beer garden on a warm summers evening before it gets too crowded is actually quite pleasant too.

I really miss Roundys - always had our warm up drinks there! Loved Willie Darcys too but just find the new reincarnation a bit dull tbh.

On a similar topic - what are the best 5 bars with beer gardens in Tralee or nearby? Had a good Saturday last week in Quane's in Blennerville & Railway Bar in Camp - not quite Tralee but near enough.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the Stunning! Always been a big fan. I remember going to see them in the Dome when I was about 13 with my sister & being right up the front! good memories :)

True, will def check them out too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

anvilmas wrote: »
    On a similar topic - what are the best 5 bars with beer gardens in Tralee or nearby? Had a good Saturday last week in Quane's in Blennerville & Railway Bar in Camp - not quite Tralee but near enough.

Hmmmm, I honestly can not think of one in tralee, their all outside the front with a handfull of chairs not quite sure that classes as one, and you honestly can not call the blaskets outside facility a "beer garden". Maybe Hennesseys before it gets jammers.

O'riada I suppose is the only other one I can think that is decent, has a punch bag thing which keeps most of us fellas and some ladies happy for all of about 10minutes.

I did not take anything out of context at your expense, I made that very clear when I posted my general appeal for increased friendliness here.

I have responded to your PM, when a response was required.

I offered to edit the post for you, but there was nothing directed at you, hence no apology required.

The infraction/warning are for breaking site rules, simple as that. The numerous reports for your posts over the past few days speak for themselves.

Now please, if you have further issues, contact either myself or carchaeologist. It is not appropriate to discuss these issues in a public thread, which simply serves to ruin it for the other posters.

Perhaps if you have an genuine interest in new members getting involved you might read what they have to say.
    I know you probably didn't mean to twist <snip> post yesterday but the fact of the matter as was made clear by the poster themselves today is that you did. Could you not do the honourable thing and apologise and let things move on?
    Not once before now have you mentioned that posts of mine have been reported. It might be helpful for everybody here if you can point out which ones were and also pointing out specifically why you decided to issue me with an infraction and a warning. Consider it a case study for the sake of the thread.

• Advertisement

I'm not discussing anything further in this thread. I didn't twist anyone's words. PM me if you wish to discuss, as I've already said. Otherwise, stay on-topic on the thread or further infractions will follow as this breaches forum rules.

Below taken straight from the Boards.ie FAQ's

No freedom of speech.
    This is a private website. There is no "right" to freedom of speech here. We, the Admins and moderators DO want to promote discussion but FREE un-moderated discussion online turns into a screaming match between children. We believe that rules of etiquette should be applied (see below). Shouting about how we have infringed your "freedom of speech" on a privately owned website is silly. You can use blogger.com to say what YOU like, what you aren’t entitled to is access to the community we have built here without abiding by the community's rules, as decided and enforced by us.

Was that really necessary in fairness. Talk about welcoming new member:confused:

I'm not discussing anything further in this thread. I didn't twist anyone's words. PM me if you wish to discuss, as I've already said. Otherwise, stay on-topic on the thread or further infractions will follow as this breaches forum rules.

PM sent. Would be nice to get a reply for a change.

PM sent. Would be nice to get a reply for a change.

I replied to your first PM. Please stop claiming that I haven't answered you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Any one know where I can get a broken record fixed?

It seems to be stuck on a never ending loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Lol , I couldn't have said it better . I think it's nearly time for Gordon to come in with his huge bunch of keys , obviously that he got cut in Tralee .

In small Benner's is it monkeysnapper? Always thought that is a little gem of a store, you can get everything and anything there! I like getting keys cut there, they have loads of nice patterns to choose from ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Speaking of "records", Lee's looks like it has been closed with the better part of a decade with state of the outside.

Speaking of "records", Lee's looks like it has been closed with the better part of a decade with state of the outside.

It is amazing how quickly places go into disrepair when they close. Just goes to show the upkeep involved in keeping them relatively tidy/clean when they are open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

In small Benner's is it monkeysnapper? Always thought that is a little gem of a store, you can get everything and anything there! I like getting keys cut there, they have loads of nice patterns to choose from ;-)

Yes indeed , I also saw him in there buying a sharpening stone, I asked him was he down on holiday, he " NO ' Im here on business " he proceeded to put on dark glasses and got into his Chevy and drove away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement