Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Yes indeed , I also saw him in there buying a sharpening stone, I asked him was he down on holiday, he " NO ' Im here on business " he proceeded to put on dark glasses and got into his Chevy and drove away

Hahaha! Must be true so :p What colour Chevy, out of interest? I wonder did he buy any of those electronic fly/wasp zapper things they have in there, they're brilliant things altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Yes indeed , I also saw him in there buying a sharpening stone, I asked him was he down on holiday, he " NO ' Im here on business " he proceeded to put on dark glasses and got into his Chevy and drove away
    440Hz wrote: »
    Hahaha! Must be true so :p What colour Chevy, out of interest? I wonder did he buy any of those electronic fly/wasp zapper things they have in there, they're brilliant things altogether.

Stay on topic guys!

Does anybody work in this Town anymore? And I wish they would leave those of us that do the **** alone to get on with our jobs. I spent the whole day working in Town (on a deadline) but spent most of the time fending off not only scumbags,but worse than Scumbags,The OLD STOCK of the Town. You know the type,never worked a bloody day in their lives and spent most of it around Town wrecking heads and stopping people doing their ****ing jobs.
    Lovable rogues me hole,piss off and mind yer own business and let me get on with things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

It was BLACK , and all I noticed was there was a feller in the passenger seat , and like you said he was carrying a fly thingy.!! I have to say they did look aggressive , that Gordon was a bit rude to be honest, when he told me he was here on business he knocked me out of way with his shoulder as he left Benners .

He did tell me tho before all that shenanigans he was very happy with the progress of the new by pass , that he saw pictures on Kerry thread !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Was that really necessary in fairness. Talk about welcoming new member:confused:

Totally, everyone should be familiar with ground rules!!! Was just pointing out one if em!!

• Advertisement

traleespud wrote: »
    Where's the source for those stats???

Seriously people if you haven't something constructive to say why bother commenting with more garbage.
    Totally, everyone should be familiar with ground rules!!! Was just pointing out one if em!!

Maybe you should take a leaf from your own book

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sully34 wrote: »
    Stay on topic guys!

Small Benners is on topic in a Tralee thread. Key-cutting and stone-sharpening, all to be found there.

Seriously though, it really is a great little shop - no?

440Hz wrote: »
    Small Benners is on topic in a Tralee thread. Key-cutting and stone-sharpening, all to be found there.

Seriously though, it really is a great little shop - no?

Its a kids toy shop for adults

anvilmas wrote: »
    On a similar topic - what are the best 5 bars with beer gardens in Tralee or nearby? Had a good Saturday last week in Quane's in Blennerville & Railway Bar in Camp - not quite Tralee but near enough.

Two great beer gardens,dont have them in Tralee, If the Huddle wasnt a ****hole then it would have a great beer garden but they are a dying breed

Already a massive difference to the front of O' mahoneys bookshop,I still see the Castle Off-License still has no signage over the door. Council should be putting pressure on the shops in Town now with the Festival coming up to tidy up,a lick of paint goes a long way

• Advertisement

Maybe you should take a leaf from your own book

I would have thought pointing out a rule or FAQ to a newbie was being helpfull AND constructive especially since I'm so up to date on this thread.... Or so you say. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Already a massive difference to the front of O' mahoneys bookshop,I still see the Castle Off-License still has no signage over the door. Council should be putting pressure on the shops in Town now with the Festival coming up to tidy up,a lick of paint goes a long way

the off licence has a huge sign over the door?? always has:confused:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Never spotted that,mostly be looking over the shop front plus I tend to speed up coming through that side of Town

Ya I thought that too!!! Was doubting myself for a min.

I would have thought pointing out a rule or FAQ to a newbie was being helpfull AND constructive especially since I'm so up to date on this thread.... Or so you say. :)

Well if you were honest it wasnt trying to be helpfull but we leave it there eh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Never spotted that,mostly be looking over the shop front plus I tend to speed up coming through that side of Town

its not hard to miss!

its not hard to miss!

Well to be fair I did miss it 3 times today passing through Town. A bit of raised lettering on the blank space above the display window would really give it a nice finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

its not hard to miss!

I always see the "éis ceadúnais" sign when I go by, nice to see a bit of the auld gaelige at times

Well to be fair I did miss it 3 times today passing through Town. A bit of raised lettering on the blank space above the display window would really give it a nice finish.

Roger Harty's Opticians is next door, they are great at eye tests! ;)

"If you cant see me then you need to see me"

• Advertisement

Oooohh

careful with the speeding through town, wouldn't want you getting a speeding ticket!

Such a difference when you go to places like Dingle and Killarney to see how shop owners take pride in how the front of their shops are displayed. Dont get me wrong,I aint painting every place with the same brush. It would take me forever!!

Speaking of "records", Lee's looks like it has been closed with the better part of a decade with state of the outside.

it was looking a bit rough before it closed too!

I had a look at cd's in Tesco's last weekend, their selection is tiny now, or is there a bigger section as well? if not then it was cra*p!

careful with the speeding through town, wouldn't want you getting a speeding ticket!

I would just put it with the rest of them

Well if you were honest it wasnt trying to be helpfull but we leave it there eh

Sully man get a grip stop reading into things like the whole world is your enemy!!! It's off topic not interesting and boring to other posters. You know where my PM button is if ya wanna trash it out.

Lelantos wrote: »
    Oooohh

Man your quick

Sully man get a grip stop reading into things like the whole world is your enemy!!! It's off topic not interesting and boring to other posters. You know where my PM button is if ya wanna trash it out.
    No thanks Its bad enough putting up with you on here nevermind finding you going through my mail as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

If they can't see Roger Harty's , Specsavers are also in Castle Street Indeed they have a two for one offer at the moment:)

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, I honestly can not think of one in tralee, their all outside the front with a handfull of chairs not quite sure that classes as one, and you honestly can not call the blaskets outside facility a "beer garden". Maybe Hennesseys before it gets jammers.

O'riada I suppose is the only other one I can think that is decent, has a punch bag thing which keeps most of us fellas and some ladies happy for all of about 10minutes.

I wonder can you stick a pic of somebodys face to that bag? Would keep some occupied for a lot more than 10 minutes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement