Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Sully34 wrote: »
    No thanks Its bad enough putting up with you on here nevermind finding you going through my mail as well

Thank god for that!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

traleespud wrote: »
    Man your quick

You've been talking to my missus again?! ;)

Lelantos wrote: »
    You've been talking to my missus again?! ;)

You don't have to be first at everything you know !!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

As I said before there is enough unemployed people in this Town at the moment. So why not chase down the longtime claimers,you know the ones that never did a tap in their lives,give them a paintbrush and start cleaning up the front of these vacant shops. If you dont show up for work,you get docked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

"If you cant see me then you need to see me"

I hear that advert at least 50 times a day and "Hi I'm darragh O shea......". :mad:

Bit confusing though If I can't see him, then I can't see him......therefore I will remain blind. Still better than Harty's ad last year though with that annoying jingle thing.

• Advertisement

You don't have to be first at everything you know !!!:)

Winners always....come first... Sigh!

As I said before there is enough unemployed people in this Town at the moment. So why not chase down the longtime claimers,you know the ones that never did a tap in their lives,give them a paintbrush and start cleaning up the front of these vacant shops. If you dont show up for work,you get docked.

Totally agree there's a few guys around on the fas scheme alright in a blue and white van tidying up a few places but it certainly could to with a couple of more!!!

Was the council not supposed to pushing these 3d shop images on derelict buildings in town??? Did I read that here or hear in on the radjio?

I hear that advert at least 50 times a day and "Hi I'm darragh O shea......". :mad:

Bit confusing though If I can't see him, then I can't see him......therefore I will remain blind. Still better than Harty's ad last year though with that annoying jingle thing.

My favourite is the chalkboard outside Baileys Corner that reads "Todays Special, Buy two drinks and pay for them both"

I wonder can you stick a pic of somebodys face to that bag? Would keep some occupied for a lot more than 10 minutes!

Now now......

I can only imagine where this is guna go!!! :)

Totally agree there's a few guys around on the fas scheme alright in a blue and white van tidying up a few places but it certainly could to with a couple of more!!!

Was the council not supposed to pushing these 3d shop images on derelict buildings in town??? Did I read that here or hear in on the radjio?

There was talk of it. They put pressure on that Lad that owns the South Pole Inn to tidy up the front of that shop he owns across from St Johns before the Festival last year and he went and put up prints of Tom Crean on the windows which made a huge difference to the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

On the subject of TVs:

Just ordered a projector from Amazon. It's a 720p HD projector, it's LED so will last about 20000 hours compared to the traditional bulbs which might only last 2000/3000. All for less than €450.
    I know it's not 1080p (a 1080p projector costs about €1000) but most people don't sit close enough to their TVs to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 anyway. So, must just buy myself a roller and some matte grey paint and I'll have a 120" screen tomorrow evening! :D

I think at these prices that they are becoming viable alternatives for people who are even remotely interested in their cinema/gaming.

Winners always....come first... Sigh!

Haha I am soooo using that.....

What are the odds on this thread being closed by the time I get back? So try and behave yerselves while Im away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Any one know where I can get a broken record fixed?

It seems to be stuck on a never ending loop!

With that comment and the people that thanked it I rest my case. We have now taken to cyber bullying on the Tralee Thread. Well done to all concerned. Keep up the good work.

I wonder can you stick a pic of somebodys face to that bag? Would keep some occupied for a lot more than 10 minutes!

That sounds very aggressive in my opinion. Great to have a bar promoting health and fitness all the same.

With that comment and the people that thanked it I rest my case. We have now taken to cyber bullying on the Tralee Thread. Well done to all concerned. Keep up the good work.

Soooo your accusing everyone who liked that post a bully along with the OP???.

ohhhh my.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Those of you that continue to post off topic are ruining the thread for everyone. We won't tolerate it. Use the report feature but don't abuse it.

Anymore off topic posts will earn infractions and bans.

PM me for clarification if required but don't discuss moderation on thread as has been previously advised.

That sounds very aggressive in my opinion. Great to have a bar promoting health and fitness all the same.

Put a pic of Enda Kenny up there & we'll have a nation of Katie Taylor's & Steve Collins' on no time

Put a pic of Enda Kenny up there & we'll have a nation of Katie Taylor's & Steve Collins' on no time

Katie's with beer bellies and fags hanging out of there mouths probably! I have never once gone into that place to be honest. Does it do good food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Opinicus wrote: »
    I think at these prices that they are becoming viable alternatives for people who are even remotely interested in their cinema/gaming.

I dunno, I've a great TV and surround sound system, but its not the same as going to the cinema. Especially since the new one opened, the rake on the seats are great compared to the old one plus full HD projectors. I don't think anyone owns a room big enough to appreciate a 1080p projector....well maybe del does.

I remember the (old) old one, where o mahonys is now, great crack. Is anyone here old enough to remember the one where caball's is? I think it was called the savoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Did someone say the Rovers Return has closed?

Every christmas I try to go for a drink in every pub in Tralee I think will shut by the following Christmas.

I had a good run in the 90's and 00's but didnt predict the Brogue or the Rovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

I dunno, I've a great TV and surround sound system, but its not the same as going to the cinema. Especially since the new one opened, the rake on the seats are great compared to the old one plus full HD projectors. I don't think anyone owns a room big enough to appreciate a 1080p projector....well maybe del does.

I remember the (old) old one, where o mahonys is now, great crack. Is anyone here old enough to remember the one where caball's is? I think it was called the savoy.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it'll replace the cinema (I'm an avid cinema goer myself once a week without fail sometimes twice), just that they're becoming more affordable and are another option when someone is looking for a new tv.

Went to see my first movie in the old cinema where Mahony's is. Jurassic Park. I was seven or eight, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

So...which one of ye tubby bitches will be first into the Rocky road? I reckon Southern Dandy is the #1 contender!

So...which one of ye tubby bitches will be first into the Rocky road? I reckon Southern Dandy is the #1 contender!

There was FREE testing and samples Monday and Tuesday for a couple of hours. By all accounts it was jointed there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Mmmm...

Finish work at 12 sat afternoon. May hit it then!

Opinicus wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it'll replace the cinema (I'm an avid cinema goer myself once a week without fail sometimes twice), just that they're becoming more affordable and are another option when someone is looking for a new tv.

Went to see my first movie in the old cinema where Mahony's is. Jurassic Park. I was seven or eight, amazing.
    Jaysus, I'd love to be able to go that often but its very expensive and there aren't enough good movies out.

I think my first one was home alone in the old cinema :)

There was FREE testing and samples Monday and Tuesday for a couple of hours. By all accounts it was jointed there.

What type of food is it?

Heyyyyy it's just a little "holiday" weight.....

But yes, yes I will.

What type of food is it?

Lobster and quail eggs I hear!

Just a rumour.

• Advertisement

Mmmm...

Finish work at 12 sat afternoon. May hit it then!

That is when I plan to go. Might see you there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement