Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Heyyyyy it's just a little "holiday" weight.....

But yes, yes I will.

I didn't doubt ya for a second! I will be expecting a full report, with photos on my desk on Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Jaysus, I'd love to be able to go that often but its very expensive and there aren't enough good movies out.

I think my first one was home alone in the old cinema :)

I know people say it's very expensive but the tickets are only around €9 at night and I think less during the day. The food is expensive but since going on a low carb diet a few weeks ago all I get is a bottle of water :D cut my cost in half.

Think of it this way: a ticket is only the price of 2 pints. I reckon 2 hours of escapism is well worth that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

What type of food is it?

Mainly fast food. Fried chicken, pizzas etc but I think they've a salad bar and coffee dock as well

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Mmmm...

Finish work at 12 sat afternoon. May hit it then!
    That is when I plan to go. Might see you there.

Sounds like a plan,actually off this Saturday and get a bit pekish around then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I think my first one was home alone in the old cinema :)

Ooohhh now you've made me think! For some reason Jurassic Park is in my head, but I know I have to have gone to the cinema before that, obviously whatever the movie was wasn't all that memorable.

I remember seeing Ghost in 1991 but that wasn't in the old cinema (by O'Mahony's).

So old I can't remember what the movie was haha

• Advertisement

My first film was 'Popeye' the movie in the Old Coffeys Cinema

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Opinicus wrote: »
    I know people say it's very expensive but the tickets are only around €9 at night and I think less during the day. The food is expensive but since going on a low carb diet a few weeks ago all I get is a bottle of water :D cut my cost in half.

Think of it this way: a ticket is only the price of 2 pints. I reckon 2 hours of escapism is well worth that.

if you are on the O2 network, then go onto their website & click into priority moments, you will be able to download a discount code to your phone for the cinema from mon-Thurs for only €5! I keep meaning to do it, never get to go anymore! I used to love going just for the popcorn, but its not as nice, they are now using huge big bags & pouring them into the glass containers instead of making it fresh like they used to :(

I remember in the old cinema in Castle street, there was a balcony area & if you sat downstairs, then you were likely to have sweets or popcorn thrown down on top of you LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

440Hz wrote: »
    Ooohhh now you've made me think! For some reason Jurassic Park is in my head, but I know I have to have gone to the cinema before that, obviously whatever the movie was wasn't all that memorable.

I remember seeing Ghost in 1991 but that wasn't in the old cinema.

So old I can't remember what the movie was haha

The O'Mahony place for me too. I think it was one of the Herbie movies. Whenever I think of that place those little green stink bombs in glass bottles come to mind. There was always a few pranksters around the place with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I remember in the old cinema in Castle street, there was a balcony area & if you sat downstairs, then you were likely to have sweets or popcorn thrown down on top of you LOL

If you were really unlucky you could get a half quenched fag butt into your lap!!!!

The old cinema where O Mahoneys is was Coffeys,Christy tick tock was always in the lobby. You go in and pay to watch some ****e cartoon when you were a kid and soon as it started you would sneak out into 'Hellraiser'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

if you are on the O2 network, then go onto their website & click into priority moments, you will be able to download a discount code to your phone for the cinema from mon-Thurs for only €5! I keep meaning to do it, never get to go anymore! I used to love going just for the popcorn, but its not as nice, they are now using huge big bags & pouring them into the glass containers instead of making it fresh like they used to :(

Sorry! ;)

there was a balcony area & if you sat downstairs, then you were likely to have sweets or popcorn thrown down on top of you LOL
    traleespud wrote: »
    If you were really unlucky you could get a half quenched fag butt into your lap!!!!

I remember both! Yuck.

Mostly I remember the horrible smell, sticky carpets, and the occasion rodent! :eek:

And the bubbles on the screen! Loved those. Oil bubbles on the film or whatever they were, the green blobs on screen while you waited for the trailer, after the curtains went back.

Sully34 wrote: »

Where was that? The shoe shop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sounds like a plan,actually off this Saturday and get a bit pekish around then

Two for the price of one, just how I like it!

No O mahoneys bookshop

We aint hookers,sorry to disappoint

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Anybody know if that gluten free place in Ivy Terrace is worth dropping into?

meant to be very good

sheesh wrote: »
    meant to be very good

Never got the chance but must put it on my bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

With that comment and the people that thanked it I rest my case. We have now taken to cyber bullying on the Tralee Thread. Well done to all concerned. Keep up the good work.
    Allegations of cyber-bullying are taken very seriously by the moderators & administrators of this site. If you have an issue - PM myself or Mr Magnolia (Cat Mods for Regional forums) & we will review & take action as necessary.

However, commenting on such issues on-thread only serve to take the thread off-topic. Please do not do so again.

tHB

• Advertisement

We aint Thai boy hookers,sorry to disappoint
    What is this supposed to mean?

What is this supposed to mean?

Do I really have to explain it?

Do I really have to explain it?

Yes.

440Hz wrote: »
    Yes.

On here?

Okay well Meself and Banger suggested we would meet michael999999 at Rocky what you call it and then he replied "two for the price of one,just how I like it" so I thought there maybe a sexual innuendo to a 3some so I replied "We aint thai boy hookers,sorry to disappoint"

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

The trailer is online, part shot in Kerry too.

good woman Ailbhe :) great to see her doing well, she's lovely, as are all her family :)

kingdumb wrote: »
    The trailer is online, part shot in Kerry too.

Looks really good! When can we see this :-)

Okay well Meself and Banger suggested we would meet michael999999 at Rocky what you call it and then he replied "two for the price of one,just how I like it" so I thought there maybe a sexual innuendo to a 3some so I replied "We aint thai boy hookers,sorry to disappoint"

Very telling in a few respects, that post content.
    Please try not to post that kind of stuff again, as its not really appropriate on here. I don't think im being harsh by saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Back in the day...

4285006894_468ea6b4de_z.jpg?zz=1

• Advertisement

Well, I suggest that you both edit your posts then. The latter is particularly uncivil and could offend many other posters here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement