Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think "young wans" or students and the one cup of tea between them has been around a while!:) The old Allegro where Mickos since was and Abbeygate also had this going on 20 years ago!

I remember eventually the Allegro used to insist on a minimum purchase per person.

PS - Hillbillys has the tastiest southern fried chicken in town so I can see why it still does well. I've often driven into town esp for a feed when I'm home - I'd never do that for any other fast food place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

RAJAS in Castle Street do pretty good chicken too, after a couple of pints you wont get anything like it IMO!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Nah lads, the old American Style that was where MJ's is now, that was some food, still get the taste of it sometimes (in a good way!) when I pass the area! Dying for a cider and a take away now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

bobdcow wrote: »
    Nah lads, the old American Style that was where MJ's is now, that was some food, still get the taste of it sometimes (in a good way!) when I pass the area! Dying for a cider and a take away now :)
    That was lovely stuff alright. Nothing nicer than a feed of red square and smirnoff ice in horans, and across to american style for a snack box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

That was lovely stuff alright. Nothing nicer than a feed of red square and smirnoff ice in horans, and across to american style for a snack box

Chips with garlic and cheese!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Lets hope the new Rocky Mountain lives up to it expectations!!! Big opening planned tomorrrow !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

traleespud wrote: »
    Lets hope the new Rocky Mountain lives up to it expectations!!! Big opening planned tomorrrow !!

I'm fasting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Red square & Smirnoff ice?! (wait for all the post reports)

Lelantos wrote: »
    Back in the day, it was all the rage :)

Back in the day, it was all the rage :)

The only thing I remember people saying about Red Square was it made people's breath stink as they drank it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I wasn't a fan of the Smirnoff Ice/Red Square, but I do remember drinking Strawberry Woodies!!

The only thing I remember people saying about Red Square was it made people's breath stink as they drank it.
    Sure, it beat the smell of the carpet in old horans. Happy hour 4 till 11, load up on 16 bottles at 10.55 then sup away on them till they were lukewarm

Sure, it beat the smell of the carpet in old horans. Happy hour 4 till 11, load up on 16 bottles at 10.55 then sup away on them till they were lukewarm

Nah, I used buy a pint or 2, then out on the dancefloor all nite moshing to my heart's content. They used to have the huge screens & play music videos bootlegged from rte. The Beatbox!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of the Smirnoff Ice/Red Square, but I do remember drinking Strawberry Woodies!!

I remember that, I'd say a few people may have had early onset diabetes from that stuff. Tasted like a strawberry ice pop

Yeah I used to buy cans of Bulmers for €2 before 11, then we'd put them altogether on one table and drink them through the night, and have a few shots before 11 too. €20 would give you the greatest night ever :p Hide your coat and bag behind some random couch, be in early enough to avoid paying, cheap and awesome night. I spent 5-6 nights a week there for a year, don't know how I didn't die :o:p

Actually, I think Spirals is opening up for a night in August? Saw a flyer today, but didn't get a chance to read it. Perhaps in conjunction with Midnite Cafe doing their Bon Jovee tribute?

Actually, I think Spirals is opening up for a night in August? Saw a flyer today, but didn't get a chance to read it. Perhaps in conjunction with Midnite Cafe doing their Bon Jovee tribute?

If it is I need to plan my trip home around it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Wish those offers were back in Horans, loved heading into the bar, stocking up for the night and having a great laugh, you would know nearly everyone and as the drinks hit the system you'd know everyone!! A great friendly place!

That'd be brilliant!

That'd be brilliant!

Yep, it's August 18th in the Brandon Conf centre. Bon Jovee & then spirals disco, 15 euro a head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Just because you say "wait for the post reports" dont make that post alright. I get reported so many times for a lot less than that and all you get is a bunch of 'THANKS' BULL****!!

So are we all meeting up tommorow at the opening of Rocky Mountain whatcha call it with our name tags on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭The Banger Moran

Sully34 wrote: »
    So are we all meeting up tommorow at the opening of Rocky Mountain whatcha call it with our name tags on?

It's not until Saturday!
    Anyone find out if they are doing some sort of 2 for 1 offer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Has anyone seen dumb and dumber?

My young fellow has never seen it, would it be suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    it was looking a bit rough before it closed too!

I had a look at cd's in Tesco's last weekend, their selection is tiny now, or is there a bigger section as well? if not then it was cra*p!

Yes I agree, Tesco's CD collection is rather limited. They are purely selling what the general public want to buy. following the closure of Virgin Music and HMV stores, I'm not really sure who stocks CD's anymore.
    With the development of ITunes I guess there is no mass market for CD's ?
    Ironically in the States, home of Apple ITunes etc, stores like Barnes & Noble , Better Buys, Walmart, and until the recent closure of Borders ,all continue to stock a massive selection of CD's . Every time I am in the US , I invariably buy at least a dozen CD's. Perhaps I am showing my years, however I really like reading the CD covers! Downloads are not the same.:)

Has anyone seen dumb and dumber?

My young fellow has never seen it, would it be suitable?

How old is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Thanks Kingdumb, Do you know the year of the photo? My guess from the cars is about 1966. The other cinema was the theatre royal where Fabric is now.
    kingdumb wrote: »
    Back in the day...

4285006894_468ea6b4de_z.jpg?zz=1

It's not until Saturday!
    Anyone find out if they are doing some sort of 2 for 1 offer?

Its your round you mean bastard

Thanks Kingdumb, Do you know the year of the photo? My guess from the cars is about 1966. The other cinema was the theatre royal where Fabric is now.
    Thats the one I was thinking of, not Jim Caballs. So it was a cinema, the bowling alley, fabric and then abandoned. When exactly was it the town hall?

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    Its your round you mean bastard

Fair enough but be some to bring that Steve Martin movie you were telling me about. What is the name of it again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement