Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Has anyone seen dumb and dumber?

My young fellow has never seen it, would it be suitable?
    How old is he?

I think that was a pop at us lad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Weather forecast for the weekend is very good.

Time to get out the BBQ's and sunscreen.

It was a fabulous evening out on Tralee Bay, with a huge turnout for Thursday evening sailing.

What a fantastic sunset this evening, picture postcard stuff.

Should be a scorcher tomorrow.

:)

Fair enough but be some to bring that Steve Martin movie you were telling me about. What is the name of it again?

THE JERK??

Has anyone seen dumb and dumber?

My young fellow has never seen it, would it be suitable?

Think you can get the DVD in Tesco:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Weather forecast for the weekend is very good.

Time to get out the BBQ's and sunscreen.

It was a fabulous evening out on Tralee Bay, with a huge turnout for Thursday evening sailing.

What a fantastic sunset this evening, picture postcard stuff.

Should be a scorcher tomorrow.

You'll have to get snapping del and throw some photos in the other thread

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Think you can get the DVD in Tesco:)

Thanks Derek, will check that out tomorrow!

Well must get blowing up the old inflatable paddle pool if we are in for a scorcher and get down and pick up some of Tesco's finest homebrew

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Thats the one I was thinking of, not Jim Caballs. So it was a cinema, the bowling alley, fabric and then abandoned. When exactly was it the town hall?

It was the county hall before the Ash Memorial Hall was built sometime in the 1930's. The Ash Memorial was one of very few public buildings completed during the depression of the 30s. The used to show movies there as well.

I think the Theatre Royal closed some time in the early 70's. One of the last shows there was "Soldier Blue" and the poster stayed up in the window for many years. It was the home for Siamsa Tire until the 80s when they moved to the town park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yeah I used to buy cans of Bulmers for €2 before 11, then we'd put them altogether on one table and drink them through the night, and have a few shots before 11 too. €20 would give you the greatest night ever :p Hide your coat and bag behind some random couch, be in early enough to avoid paying, cheap and awesome night. I spent 5-6 nights a week there for a year, don't know how I didn't die :o:p

They used to have loads of £1 bottle of bud promotions etc as well. You would really feel it the next morning. I think they were generally on midweek. 3 or 4 of us could have 30 bottles on one of those small circular tables - it was like a forest of bottles and you end up trying one after one to find the last one's.

kn wrote: »
    They used to have loads of £1 bottle of bud promotions etc as well. You would really feel it the next morning. I think they were generally on midweek.

Spot on,it was in the middle of Madchester so you had a lot of kids with Stone roses haircuts clutching their cheap bottles of bud. Great times before ecstacy came along and destroyed it all

• Advertisement

Somebody cottoned on that michael999999999999999 was taking the piss and removed their post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sully34 wrote: »
    Spot on,it was in the middle of Madchester so you had a lot of kids with Stone roses haircuts clutching their cheap bottles of bud. Great times before ecstacy came along and destroyed it all

Yeah same era circa mid 90's with the music video's on the big screens. I still love the 90's dance music to this day. Haven't been in Horan for in excess of a decade at this stage I reckon.....getting old.......

kn wrote: »
    Yeah same era circa mid 90's with the music video's on the big screens. I still love the 90's dance music to this day.

Well also it had the grunge thing happening. So you had people falling around drunk to 'Live forever' you had people in a corner throwing whiteys to 'Smell like teen spirit' and the rest grinding their fillings out to 'Ebeneezer Goode' but all having a great ****ing night out

I dont remember taking magic mushrooms and watching 'Big bag of sticks' in the Old Abbey Inn or dropping clean white doves to '4th dimension' in the Dome but I remember they were great nights out

Well with me away the weekend working hard and Banger banned out of here you can all come back out to play. Adios Amigo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I dont remember taking magic mushrooms and watching 'Big bag of sticks' in the Old Abbey Inn or dropping clean white doves to '4th dimension' in the Dome but I remember they were great nights out

4th dimension opened for aslan one nite in the dome about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Just because you say "wait for the post reports" dont make that post alright. I get reported so many times for a lot less than that and all you get is a bunch of 'THANKS' BULL****!!

Mods can't respond to all reports instantly, we're not online 24/7, and sometimes no action is required.

Oh and did you read The Hill Billy's post about discussing mod decisions in the thread?? Might be worth scrolling up and taking a read of it.

440Hz wrote: »
    Mods can't respond to all reports instantly, we're not online 24/7, and sometimes no action is required.

Oh and did you read The Hill Billy's post about discussing mod decisions in the thread?? Might be worth scrolling up and taking a read of it.

Done and done

Best wishes to all those involved in The Ring of Kerry cycle on Saturday.

Have a great day out!:)

Just because you say "wait for the post reports" dont make that post alright. I get reported so many times for a lot less than that and all you get is a bunch of 'THANKS' BULL****!!

Sorry Sully, can't hear you over the sound of my own awesomeness!

• Advertisement

Lelantos wrote: »
    Sorry Sully, can't hear you over the sound of my own awesomeness!

wdbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

On the topic of the building that is now the closed fabric, wasn't it Siamsa Tíre for a while before the new theatre was built in the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Just looked at Rocky Mountain's website, opening today at 11.

http://www.rockymountain.ie

bobdcow wrote: »
    On the topic of the building that is now the closed fabric, wasn't it Siamsa Tíre for a while before the new theatre was built in the park?

It was indeed,

The new halal butchers in Boherbee has had 2 units of the fire brigade out. No injuries, prob electrical fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

bobdcow wrote: »
    Just looked at Rocky Mountain's website, opening today at 11.

http://www.rockymountain.ie

Not much of a website

The new halal butchers in Boherbee has had 2 units of the fire brigade out. No injuries, prob electrical fire

Just got a great deal on barbequed ribs earlier!

Just got a great deal on barbequed ribs earlier!

Halal butcher, no pork or bacon :)

Halal butcher, no pork or bacon :)

Dooohhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

You could be right there, a bit before my time but I was told it was 60's.
    There are a few other shots from Tralee [and Kerry] from the same collection some marked 1964. I think the were posted here before.

The photographer is unknown, apparently the shots was taken by tourist they were found in NY an uploaded to flickr by the guy who found them, Major Calloway

That new cafe Yummy have printed and framed a load of them an they look great.

I love this one which was taken just a few doors up, cycling a breast for the win !

4285006962_631674eb17_z.jpg?zz=1

Incidentally the facade of the building at the very left of the shop is sill intact, the shop is now a talk/internet cafe.

Thanks Kingdumb, Do you know the year of the photo? My guess from the cars is about 1966. The other cinema was the theatre royal where Fabric is now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement