Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I don't understand what he is talking about either:confused:

Am I missing something:confused:?

UFC is cage fighting, its shown on setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

ESPN mainly but not anymore as of next month it will be shown on setanta then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Like WWF or whatever it's called? Or is they something to do with saving Panda bears? Brain melted in the heat, and I'm wrecked from driving!

Nice one on the car sale Ciarrai!
    You can spot us the grub in the RM shortly so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Like WWF or whatever it's called? Or is they something to do with saving Panda bears? Brain melted in the heat, and I'm wrecked from driving!

Nice one on the car sale Ciarrai!
    You can spot us the grub in the RM shortly so?

Naaah polor opposite really, I may ruin some peoles lives here but wrestling is :eek:FAKE :eek:, UFC is full contact fighting till someone gets knocked out or by submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Well back after a tough weekend grafting and got some hot gossip as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

UFC ultimate fairy championship. It's where half nekked men lie down on the ground & try to strangle each other between their sweaty thighs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Anyone here on Ring of Kerry cycle yesterday?

Was talking a guy who was talking to a guy thats in the middle of buying out the Old Oak, but the talk is he wants to turn it into a gay bar. Now no offence to any gays but I would think they would have a hard time trying to fill Betty's nevermind a 3 story pub in this Town

Sully34 wrote: »
    Was talking a guy who was talking to a guy thats in the middle of buying out the Old Oak, but the talk is he wants to turn it into a gay bar. Now no offence to any gays but I would think they would have a hard time trying to fill Betty's nevermind a 3 story pub in this Town

Pretty big lgbt population in Tralee, you would be surprised. Plus, women frequent gay bars as they know it's a good nites craic with no lecherous men to worry about

Lelantos wrote: »
    Pretty big lgbt population in Tralee, you would be surprised. Plus, women frequent gay bars as they know it's a good nites craic with no lecherous men to worry about

Yeah we were saying that lastnight,it would be the women that will bring most the trade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    try Radley's in Rock st.

And get ripped off while your at it. Just get them off eBay 2or 3 euros delivered

Just called to the Rocky Mountain bout a half hour ago.. Nicely laid out, plenty of seats there and with aircon working very well.
    There is some amount of staff in there!
    They were literally falling over each other, most of them about the 20ish mark age wise it seems. At least one ex McDonalds employee that i saw there there too. All decked out in brown uniforms with matching caps that all had the Rocky mountain logos on them.
    The food(quarter pounder meal) was only fair, nothing spectacular at all, even the packaging was generic which I was surprised at, I would have thought they would have had branded packaging for the grub. I wouldn't be overly bothered with going back for more tbh. But I can't comment on any other food there.
    New Yorkers still have the best burger in town by far, and MJs have probably the best fast food menu variety and service IMO. It's actually amazing how much food MJs serve considering the staff and size of the place!

In saying that though, I'm sure things will pick up once the rush of people slows a bit and the staff get more settled in their jobs.
    Incidentally both McDonalds and Rocky Mountains drive thru sections were full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Sully34 wrote: »

Why not indeed, somebody for a change taking a risk that has a good chance in taking off . I'd see people coming from all over Kerry and borders . And I'd say there'd be great craic in there .
    A few years ago I bought a airline pilot captains uniform from a shop in cork for a fancy dress party , there may be a chance ill get another wear out of it yet folks .

I have a few friends who are gay and I'm sure they go to limerick and Dublin for nights out. I wonder would they go to Tralee. I must ask .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Just called to the Rocky Mountain bout a half hour ago.. Nicely laid out, plenty of seats there and with aircon working very well.
    There is some amount of staff in there!
    They were literally falling over each other, most of them about the 20ish mark age wise it seems. At least one ex McDonalds employee that i saw there there too. All decked out in brown uniforms with matching caps that all had the Rocky mountain logos on them.
    The food(quarter pounder meal) was only fair, nothing spectacular at all, even the packaging was generic which I was surprised at, I would have thought they would have had branded packaging for the grub. I wouldn't be overly bothered with going back for more tbh. But I can't comment on any other food there.
    New Yorkers still have the best burger in town by far, and MJs have probably the best fast food menu variety and service IMO. It's actually amazing how much food MJs serve considering the staff and size of the place!

In saying that though, I'm sure things will pick up once the rush of people slows a bit and the staff get more settled in their jobs.
    Incidentally both McDonalds and Rocky Mountains drive thru sections were full.

For years I used to go to round about cafe and was gutted when it changed to mj ,s . But I have to say I love the food in mj now. I think I may give this place a miss. Seems to many people aren't happy. Ill be giving it a few months anyway.

I also heard that Rocky Mountain went in around Manor inviting people in for a free tasting on the Thursday before the grand opening and the place got over run with travellers who cleaned the place out and started demanding to be served take away. I heard this from a very good source

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

wasnt a nice place to be thursday evening at all, went again last night, we got a medium meal and a large meal, both were the same size and the burgers were like eating saw dust they were so dry, they were desperate busy so i supose i can find it in my heart to forgive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

yer man that has the grand brought the brouge anyway.

Dick Boyle? That's a bit of a surprise.

That sounds sore that, can you get a cream or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lillylulu

hey does anyone know of any place in tralee looking for staf?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

lillylulu wrote: »
    hey does anyone know of any place in tralee looking for staf?

check the jobs thread, people post up jobs they have read or heard about in the area
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056617248

I guess it is news to Dick, seeing as he did not buy the Brogue:confused:

No!:)

Word is you can buy Nancy Myles for the bones of 150 big ones with licence trown in the lot

wasnt a nice place to be thursday evening at all, went again last night, we got a medium meal and a large meal, both were the same size and the burgers were like eating saw dust they were so dry, they were desperate busy so i supose i can find it in my heart to forgive them.

I think you should be looking at your heart to forgive you scoffing down all that fast food bud

I guess it is news to Dick, seeing as he did not buy the Brogue:confused:

Yes, I thought it was supposed to be Carr, involved with the Ballybunion golf hotel

Town was painfully quiet Friday night,there was nobody and I mean nobody in the Blasket up untill around 11:30 and the lad who was playing in Paddy Macs packed up early and ****ed off because it was so quiet in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yes, I thought it was supposed to be Carr, involved with the Ballybunion golf hotel

thought that was Benners?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    thought that was Benners?

You could be right, I've heard so many rumours now I've forgotten what's what!

• Advertisement

It's actually the Summer, and for a week too!
    Enjoy peeps! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement