Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It's actually the Summer, and for a week too!
    Enjoy peeps! :-)

Not a cloud in the sky........if this is global warming I'm off to turn on every appliance I have........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Odd question that I suspect I already know the answer to, but thought I'd ask anyway. Does anyone know if it's possible to reserve a table in Baily's Corner for a group for a weekend night? I know at some stage in there I saw a group in the seat at the top of the ramp and they had food brought out to them at about 11pm on a Saturday night and seemed to have that bit of seating for themselves, did I imagine this? :o I don't want to ring and ask in case the notion of getting a table kept for you in such a busy pub is nonsense :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Odd question that I suspect I already know the answer to, but thought I'd ask anyway. Does anyone know if it's possible to reserve a table in Baily's Corner for a group for a weekend night? I know at some stage in there I saw a group in the seat at the top of the ramp and they had food brought out to them at about 11pm on a Saturday night and seemed to have that bit of seating for themselves, did I imagine this? :o I don't want to ring and ask in case the notion of getting a table kept for you in such a busy pub is nonsense :o

There are parties on up the back from time to time. The best thing to do is pop in and ask Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Speak with Garry O'donnell the proprietor. I guess he will do his best to accommodate you.

Lelantos wrote: »
    Yes, I thought it was supposed to be Carr, involved with the Ballybunion golf hotel

No!

Not even warm!

• Advertisement

Speak with Garry O'donnell the proprietor. I guess he will do his best to accommodate you.

Yeah I know I could ask him, I just wanted to see if anybody knew off hand. Thanks anyway.

Weather fabulous!

Road between Clogherbrien and The Spa , road surface is slippery due to Tarmac melting. Drive with care!:)

Outside thermometer on car registered 31C this afternoon.

It was very hot on the golf course too!:)

My car temperature was up to 34 at one point today, ugh!

My car temperature was up to 34 at one point today, ugh!

Wow! 34 must be a new record in Kerry

Who needs to go abroad during July?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Its hot and getting hotter. The Town is like Pavee Shore. Come Thursday they will have nothing left to strip off

• Advertisement

Yeah when it got to 30 I was like "oooh, take a picture!", which I did, then it went to 34 about an hour later! :rolleyes::P

You can reserve tables alright,I seen it done numerous times in Baileys

Yeah when it got to 30 I was like "oooh, take a picture!", which I did, then it went to 34 about an hour later! :rolleyes::P

Fantastic, definitely my kind of weather:)

You know the Summer is here when you spot two young lads in their underpants riding Shetland ponies through the Bullring

Sully34 wrote: »
    You can reserve tables alright,I seen it done numerous times in Baileys

Awesome, thanks.

Really enjoying my break in Tralee.
    I'm certain with this weather the tourists are enjoying the place and seeing it at its very best.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Try looking after a 6 week old baby in it. I wish this heatwave would f*ck right off. My nerves are frazzled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    You know the Summer is here when you spot two young lads in their underpants riding Shetland ponies through the Bullring

I think we're all relieved that you managed to keep your underpants on!

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Try looking after a 6 week old baby in it. I wish this heatwave would f*ck right off. My nerves are frazzled

Appreciate it may not suit everyone. Hope you and baby are ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Appreciate it may not suit everyone. Hope you and baby are ok:)

According to the weather people it's not going anywhere soon.
    This hasn't happened for ages. Think I'm going to go outside and set fire to stuff, I knew global warming would work in our favour eventually!

• Advertisement

According to the weather people it's not going anywhere soon.
    This hasn't happened for ages. Think I'm going to go outside and set fire to stuff, I knew global warming would work in our favour eventually!

The ice cream shops across from The Brandon must be raking in the dosh!:):)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Keep me some Sun please, i'll be down Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Has anyone here ever used the tennis courts near the cinema? Just wondering are they open to the public or just for club members? Can't find much info online.

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think we're all relieved that you managed to keep your underpants on!

And you are implying?

beertons wrote: »
    Keep me some Sun please, i'll be down Saturday morning.

No problem!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 snlynch

siblers wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever used the tennis courts near the cinema? Just wondering are they open to the public or just for club members? Can't find much info online.

Ring the Carlton Hotel 066 7199100, courts are open to the public - you can book via the Carlton

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Wow that rocky mountain place is getting a lot of hype, haven't been there myself but I did visit the new French/Mediterranean place Sucre Sale. The food was divine, but I did think that it was a tad expensive, or maybe the portion were a bit small for the price.

kingdumb wrote: »
    Wow that rocky mountain place is getting a lot of hype, haven't been there myself but I did visit the new French/Mediterranean place Sucre Sale. The food was divine, but I did think that it was a tad expensive, or maybe the portion were a bit small for the price.

Very nice Folks and left everything in France to set up that place in Tralee so I really hope everything works out for them

xxyyzz wrote: »

However they raise kids on the Mediterranean. The mind boggles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,612 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

but I did visit the new French/Mediterranean place Sucre Sale

Where is that? Is it the place that reopened opposite Polymaths (thought it was called Christophe's)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement