Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Iv never had a convertible, closest I came to buying one was a V8 Stag last year.
    Besides the fact that theres only a few days in the year to use one, I'm not exactly the type of guy that would drive one anyways. Takes a special kind of head to pull it off!

V8 Stag, lovely motor, think you would cut a dash driving down Denny Street in one of those. Actually I spotted one being driven into RM last Friday evening. Fine specimen!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Lelantos wrote: »
    No more beach for me, I'm looking like a lobster/human crossbred species. I was scared to pass by Spa seafood in case they wanted to chuck me on their menu for the night!

They still boil them alive?

No more beach for me, I'm looking like a lobster/human crossbred species. I was scared to pass by Spa seafood in case they wanted to chuck me on their menu for the night!

Ouch!
    Heard a rumour in Fenit Marina that a large lobster had been caught in Tralee Bay. Did not realise the comment referred to you. I guess you will need to be extra careful travelling by Spa Seafood Restaurant until the sunburn subsides!

Carraig95 wrote: »
    Absoutely not jealous of Delthedriver at all...!

Right, i'm off to cycle out to the beach with my cans of Dutch and home made ham sandwiches.

Let me know when your cycling back cause that **** should be funny after a feed of Dutch Gold

“You become what you think about all day long.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

"Label me and you negate me" Wayne Campbell.

Speaking of Spa Seafood Restaurant, I understand that they are now open every Monday for the rest of the Season.

Food & Service are Excellent. Views from the huge picture windows are amazing

Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Tralee.

Best Seafood Chowder this side of the Atlantic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Best Seafood Chowder this side of the Atlantic:)
    As a chowder lover, I disagree. The Oyster's is better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

"Label me and you negate me" Wayne Campbell.

This thread could be best described by 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get next!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just don't accept any offers of a 'bath' for the night. You might find the water getting hotter as time goes on........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I'd go with the convertable myself....pity I sold mine now :( damn! ;)

I've told you before that just because you misjudged that low bridge and it ripped off the roof does not make your car a 'convertible'!! :P

kn wrote: »
    I've told you before that just because you misjudged that low bridge and it ripped off the roof does not make your car a 'convertible'!! :P

OMG! That car was sold as original specification:D

As a chowder lover, I disagree. The Oyster's is better

I guess this is a subject on which we may not agree.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

Sully34 wrote: »
    Its like the "Secret life of Walter Mitty" on here today

Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Just called to the Rocky Mountain bout a half hour ago.. Nicely laid out, plenty of seats there and with aircon working very well.
    There is some amount of staff in there!
    They were literally falling over each other, most of them about the 20ish mark age wise it seems. At least one ex McDonalds employee that i saw there there too. All decked out in brown uniforms with matching caps that all had the Rocky mountain logos on them.
    The food(quarter pounder meal) was only fair, nothing spectacular at all, even the packaging was generic which I was surprised at, I would have thought they would have had branded packaging for the grub. I wouldn't be overly bothered with going back for more tbh. But I can't comment on any other food there.
    New Yorkers still have the best burger in town by far, and MJs have probably the best fast food menu variety and service IMO. It's actually amazing how much food MJs serve considering the staff and size of the place!

In saying that though, I'm sure things will pick up once the rush of people slows a bit and the staff get more settled in their jobs.
    Incidentally both McDonalds and Rocky Mountains drive thru sections were full.

Just went to RM to see if it lived up to the hype & it was really disappointing unfortunately....not far off disastrous really. There were about 6 cars ahead of me in the drive through, queue moving very slowly - took about 5 minutes to get to the speaker. When I got there the microphone/speaker unit was out of order so the guy at the first window was having to watch out for each car & try to inform them of this via hand gestures - a simple "out of order" handwritten page stuck on to the unit would have saved him a lot of hassle!

Got to his window about 10 minutes later. The car in front of me bailed out at this stage & just drove out over the kerb & away which mercifully reduced the wait time. Was (trying) to be (somewhat) good, so asked for a ranch chicken salad & milkshake. They were out of milkshakes & frappes! Ordered coke instead. 5 mins later got to the second window. Understandably they tried to give me the order for the car that had bailed out so I explained that & gave in my receipt. Got my coke & bag of food so drove off, glad to be away after 20 minutes. Was a few miles out the road when I thought I could smell chips, looked in the bag & had got myself what turns out to be the 'Mountain Ranch Chicken Burger' with chips!!! Decided there was no way I was going all the way back to look for the right food.

Burger was good as it turned out, chips only ok.

So 20 minute 'fast food' queue, broken speaker, out of most of their 'frozen zone' products after less than a week in business & giving out incorrect orders...I think pretty much every part of the process went wrong!! It's good to see a new business opening up & I know places have teething problems & I do hope they succeed, but based on my experience I'm afraid I think it could be a very expensive mistake if it doesn't improve quickly.

Like carchaeologist, I'm afraid I won't be rushing back. (and sorry for long-winded post, hard to explain it all briefly!)

Thinking? Having consumed Dutch gold? Didn't think it was possible? Did you cycle home from the beach?:rolleyes:
    Perhaps it is all in your mind!

Dont remember Tralee being this 'High Society' during the Celtic tiger nevermind in the middle of a bloody recession.

Its amazing what a bit of sun does to 'some' people,bring on the rain I say

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Just went to RM to see if it lived up to the hype & it was really disappointing unfortunately....not far off disastrous really. There were about 6 cars ahead of me in the drive through, queue moving very slowly - took about 5 minutes to get to the speaker. When I got there the microphone/speaker unit was out of order so the guy at the first window was having to watch out for each car & try to inform them of this via hand gestures - a simple "out of order" handwritten page stuck on to the unit would have saved him a lot of hassle!

Got to his window about 10 minutes later. The car in front of me bailed out at this stage & just drove out over the kerb & away which mercifully reduced the wait time. Was (trying) to be (somewhat) good, so asked for a ranch chicken salad & milkshake. They were out of milkshakes & frappes! Ordered coke instead. 5 mins later got to the second window. Understandably they tried to give me the order for the car that had bailed out so I explained that & gave in my receipt. Got my coke & bag of food so drove off, glad to be away after 20 minutes. Was a few miles out the road when I thought I could smell chips, looked in the bag & had got myself what turns out to be the 'Mountain Ranch Chicken Burger' with chips!!! Decided there was no way I was going all the way back to look for the right food.

Burger was good as it turned out, chips only ok.

So 20 minute 'fast food' queue, broken speaker, out of most of their 'frozen zone' products after less than a week in business & giving out incorrect orders...I think pretty much every part of the process went wrong!! It's good to see a new business opening up & I know places have teething problems & I do hope they succeed, but based on my experience I'm afraid I think it could be a very expensive mistake if it doesn't improve quickly.

Like carchaeologist, I'm afraid I won't be rushing back. (and sorry for long-winded post, hard to explain it all briefly!)[/QUOTE

Seamus, thank you for your feedback.

It sounds like a very disappointing experience this evening.

Perhaps it would be worth relaying your experience to the owners of this new venture.

Like you I accept new businesses can have teething problems, however they are now open for the best part of a week, things should be getting better not worse.

We all like to see new ventures open ,become successful,and remaining in business.

It sounds like the wheels came off the wagon on the Rocky Mountain Road. Absolutely no pun intended.! The concept of fast food and drive in is certainly not working , which seems a pity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Any truth in the rumour that the Naries are boycotting Rockie Mountain ?

• Advertisement

kingdumb wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that the Naris are boycotting Rockie Mountain ?

Who are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I read that as Nazis! :)

On what basis?

I read that as Nazis! :)

Sounds about right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Just had a munch in Rocky Mountain. Had the chicken ranch burger wit chips. Burger was good. Fresh ingredients and sauce was good too. Chips were only okay, standard cut chips, but they were okay.
    Now for the bad stuff, I counted 14 staff there at about half ten in the evening, yet there was only one person serving on the counters. The rest were fapping about at the window and behind at the burger part of it. Meanwhile the manager, who I recognised from McDonald was talking to his friend, totally in his own world.
    I had a look around the place. The cut of the floor behind the counter was unreal. The dirt was clearly visible, it was a disgrace pieces of food everywhere. Surely to god one of the thirteen staff could have brushed the floors. It got me thinking that if the floors (that are so obvious to cop) were that dirty what must be the hard to see areas be like.
    I really pity the owners of this place. It's obvious that they have invested a lot of money in this place. The way it's going it won't be opened for long

Any truth in the rumour that the Naries are boycotting Rockie Mountain ?

Oh The Narries,well anything with Rockie in the title wont go down well with The Narries

adam88 wrote: »
    Just had a munch in Rocky Mountain. Had the chicken ranch burger wit chips. Burger was good. Fresh ingredients and sauce was good too. Chips were only okay, standard cut chips, but they were okay.
    Now for the bad stuff, I counted 14 staff there at about half ten in the evening, yet there was only one person serving on the counters. The rest were fapping about at the window and behind at the burger part of it. Meanwhile the manager, who I recognised from McDonald was talking to his friend, totally in his own world.
    I had a look around the place. The cut of the floor behind the counter was unreal. The dirt was clearly visible, it was a disgrace pieces of food everywhere. Surely to god one of the thirteen staff could have brushed the floors. It got me thinking that if the floors (that are so obvious to cop) were that dirty what must be the hard to see areas be like.
    I really pity the owners of this place. It's obvious that they have invested a lot of money in this place. The way it's going it won't be opened for long

State of that ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Seamus, thank you for your feedback.

It sounds like a very disappointing experience this evening.

Perhaps it would be worth relaying your experience to the owners of this new venture.

Like you I accept new businesses can have teething problems, however they are now open for the best part of a week, things should be getting better not worse.

We all like to see new ventures open ,become successful,and remaining in business.

It sounds like the wheels came off the wagon on the Rocky Mountain Road. Absolutely no pun intended.! The concept of fast food and drive in is certainly not working , which seems a pity. :)

Hi Del,

I think I will do. I'm normally not one to complain & I certainly didn't go with the intention of criticising, but it was so bad the owners might benefit from some constructive feedback (especially with other similar comments now being made also). It was at least 3, possibly 4, times longer than the average spin through McDonalds, so it's going to be very hard to compete for drive-through business if that remains the case.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays, very jealous!!!

adam88 wrote: »

Adam,

That is shocking.

As I suggested to Seamus earlier, it would be a great favour to the owners of RM if you would bring this matter to their attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Adam,

That is shocking.

As I suggested to Seamus earlier, it would be a great favour to the owners of RM if you would bring this matter to their attention

Was just looking for a phone number on their website but there's none

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement