Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

adam88 wrote: »
    I had a look around the place. The cut of the floor behind the counter was unreal. The dirt was clearly visible, it was a disgrace pieces of food everywhere. Surely to god one of the thirteen staff could have brushed the floors. It got me thinking that if the floors (that are so obvious to cop) were that dirty what must be the hard to see areas be like.
    I had noticed this too, but didn't mention it because I reckoned they were rushed off their feet busy. Im sure there is a certain standard that must be achieved for health reasons?

I guess its hard for a place to start out from scratch without a franchise to base on. Especially so when it seems that no one that is involved in it had any fast food experience previously. Mickos was like that in the centre of town, once they dropped the Supermacs franchise they went to absolute rubbish, the food was horrendous in there, and im sure that's why they eventually closed up shop.
    If Rocky mountain was a Supermacs franchise it would be the absolute nuts! But I guess that the costs of a franchise set up of that size would be huge, and therefore profits considerably less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Hi Del,

I think I will do. I'm normally not one to complain & I certainly didn't go with the intention of criticising, but it was so bad the owners might benefit from some constructive feedback (especially with other similar comments now being made also). It was at least 3, possibly 4, times longer than the average spin through McDonalds, so it's going to be very hard to compete for drive-through business if that remains the case.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays, very jealous!!!

Hi Seamus,
    Thank you for your good wishes, I am really enjoying my holidays in Tralee.
    Certainly I imagine constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated by the owners of RM.
    Best Regards,
    Del

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Was just looking for a phone number on their website but there's none

Maybe you should have done that before posting pics on here.

Lets bash the **** out of this new business venture on here untill we drive it into the ground and get these staff members back where they belong,on the dole

I had noticed this too, but didn't mention it because I reckoned they were rushed off their feet busy. Im sure there is a certain standard that must be achieved for health reasons?

I guess its hard for a place to start out from scratch without a franchise to base on. Especially so when it seems that no one that is involved in it had any fast food experience previously. Mickos was like that in the centre of town, once they dropped the Supermacs franchise they went to absolute rubbish, the food was horrendous in there, and im sure that's why they eventually closed up shop.
    If Rocky mountain was a Supermacs franchise it would be the absolute nuts! But I guess that the costs of a franchise set up of that size would be huge, and therefore profits considerably less.

Yes , I agree. The problems need to be nipped in the bud now. The concept of Rocky Mountain should be a great asset to Tralee Town if they can get the issues sorted now rather than when it is too late. Personally I am not a fan of fast food , so I have no axe to grind. I would like to see this new venture becoming a success as it is helping circulate money in Tralee and even more importantly providing local jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Sully34 wrote: »

Lets bash the **** out of this new business venture on here untill we drive it into the ground and get these staff members back where they belong,on the dole

Actually sully. I'm just after finishing a letter to the owners wit my experience. What do you want me to do. Tell everyone it's a lovely place. The floor was filty. I'd expect more from one of the chippers in castle st

• Advertisement

Was just looking for a phone number on their website but there's none

Can someone please identify The owners and phone number please. Perhaps it could be sent to Adam by PM please

Actually sully. I'm just after finishing a letter to the owners wit my experience. What do you want me to do. Tell everyone it's a lovely place. The floor was filty. I'd expect more from one of the chippers in castle st

Like I said if the floors are that bad what way must the rest of the place be like

Well we all know to stay away from Castle St.

Well they will appreciate that feedback,I just dont get how somebody goes in for food and leans over the counter to take pictures of the dirty floor just to post on here

Well we all know to stay away from Castle St.

Well they will appreciate that feedback,I just dont get how somebody goes in for food and leans over the counter to take pictures of the dirty floor just to post on here

Cause they were that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

No one is 'bashing the ****' out of it, the general consensus in the town is that its just not up to scratch. Im sure that the owners are reading and acting on everything that is being written, the Facebook site is interesting reading in itself. As I said, its a totally untried thing completely, I cant imagine too many of the staff have much experience in that sector given the average age of them, that and the lack of a franchise backup to help out with the fine details will always led to issues.

• Advertisement

No one is 'bashing the ****' out of it, the general consensus in the town is that its just not up to scratch. Im sure that the owners are reading and acting on everything that is being written, the Facebook site is interesting reading in itself. As I said, its a totally untried thing completely, I cant imagine too many of the staff have much experience in that sector given the average age of them, that and the lack of a franchise backup to help out with the fine details will always led to issues.

Whats the difference then of being negative about the Town,even going around taking pics of all the ****holes and posting it up on here?

Agree totally, it is simply a case of getting the necessary training done in order to raise the standards and provide customers with an enjoyable experience.
    No one is bashing them , nor suggesting that their staff should be back on the dole where they belong .This inference rather came from Sully.:rolleyes:

Good night All Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

Dont remember Tralee being this 'High Society' during the Celtic tiger nevermind in the middle of a bloody recession.

With you on this one Sully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That's extremely unfair on a poster who is just relaying their honest opinion with photos to back it up!

Good Morning All,

25 C out here on Tralee Bay. Weather is fabulous ! Picture postcard scenes.

What a great time to holiday in Tralee:)

Enjoy your day folks, don't forget your sunscreen.:):)

Regards,

Del

Kerry Radio had the New Zealand long-term forecaster who correctly predicted a 'scorcher' for Ireland in the first half of July on this morning. He says it will turn wet in the second half of July (I think he said from around the 18th) but he says August/September is going to be very good with very high tempetures from around the 15th pf August, so excellent for the Festival. October will see downpours with possible flooding and winter will be very mild.

kn wrote: »
    That's extremely unfair on a poster who is just relaying their honest opinion with photos to back it up!

KN,
    I totally agree with you. Poster Is giving honest feedback and is willing to contact the Owners of the business with constructive comments to help the owner improve and protect his business. To criticise the poster is grossly unfair, obviously the criticism comes from someone who knows very little about business ,or much else for that matter.
    Del

Kerry Radio had the New Zealand long-term forecaster who correctly predicted a 'scorcher' for Ireland in the first half of July on this morning. He says it will turn wet in the second half of July (I think he said from around the 18th) but he says August/September is going to be very good with very high tempetures from around the 15th pf August, so excellent for the Festival. October will see downpours with possible flooding and winter will be very mild.

Thank you for your post.
    More good news. I will certainly take more holidays to coincide with the festival and predicted good weather.
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Don't put too much stock in that guy - he has all the credibility of a fortune teller and is derided the world over by meteorologists. When he's right he says I told you so and when he's wrong he has some big long winded excuse. There is very little science behind his predictions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Just had a munch in Rocky Mountain. Had the chicken ranch burger wit chips. Burger was good. Fresh ingredients and sauce was good too. Chips were only okay, standard cut chips, but they were okay.
    Now for the bad stuff, I counted 14 staff there at about half ten in the evening, yet there was only one person serving on the counters. The rest were fapping about at the window and behind at the burger part of it. Meanwhile the manager, who I recognised from McDonald was talking to his friend, totally in his own world.
    I had a look around the place. The cut of the floor behind the counter was unreal. The dirt was clearly visible, it was a disgrace pieces of food everywhere. Surely to god one of the thirteen staff could have brushed the floors. It got me thinking that if the floors (that are so obvious to cop) were that dirty what must be the hard to see areas be like.
    I really pity the owners of this place. It's obvious that they have invested a lot of money in this place. The way it's going it won't be opened for long

There are arguments for and against this I guess.

I am totally and 100% for making a complaint about any business to management and/or owners. However I think making a complaint or writing a bad review on a forum like boards.ie serves little purpose other than smearing or insulting the business without giving the business or owners an opportunity to reply. Lets bear in mind not everyone is on boards.ie and even if the were they may not be tuned in to a particular forum or thread.

Review sites like trip advisor or the business’s own Facebook page are the sites to post reviews of places like RM and your review can even be backed up with photos. Anyone in the hotel, restaurants or tourism trade would be well aware of Trip Advisor and Facebook and management are given the chance to reply to reviews regardless if they are good are bad!!

I think first make your complaint to management either verbally or if things are really bad make it in writing. Allow the business time to rectify the problem. If you have the heart to visit again hopefully the problems you encountered will at that stage be rectified.

If not, the business is probably simply not worth visiting anymore and I’d steer well clear in the future.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

heard that about July & August a few weeks ago, couldn't remember who I heard it from, so it must have been that guy on the radio! Glad his predictions were right for a change! He forecasted a heatwave about 4 years ago, so better late than never! :)
    Just wish my stupid hayfever would give it a rest :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

traleespud wrote: »
    There are arguments for and against this I guess.

I am totally and 100% for making a complaint about any business to management and/or owners. However I think making a complaint or writing a bad review on a forum like boards.ie serves little purpose other than smearing or insulting the business without giving the business or owners an opportunity to reply. Lets bear in mind not everyone is on boards.ie and even if the were they may not be tuned in to a particular forum or thread.

Review sites like trip advisor or the business’s own Facebook page are the sites to post reviews of places like RM and your review can even be backed up with photos. Anyone in the hotel, restaurants or tourism trade would be well aware of Trip Advisor and Facebook and management are given the chance to reply to reviews regardless if they are good are bad!!

I think first make your complaint to management either verbally or if things are really bad make it in writing. Allow the business time to rectify the problem. If you have the heart to visit again hopefully the problems you encountered will at that stage be rectified.

If not, the business is probably simply not worth visiting anymore and I’d steer well clear in the future.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for a dirty floor!

Especially with 13 or 14 idle staff staff standing around. Cleanliness Is a minimum in any eating establishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I think the idea of giving fair & honest opinion on a business here on boards is quite ok
    If the business is failing in some areas it is open for discussion. Besides, the people who have written of their experiences on here have also said they will be writing to Rocky Road personally or on their Facebook page. That's quite fair imho.

Lads the pictures speak for themselves. 13 staff I counted and not one of them would grab a brush and sweep the floor. There's not much leadership anyway when the manager kicked a handful of chips further under the cabinet things. Food was good. But seriously concerned about the dirt of the place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think the idea of giving fair & honest opinion on a business here on boards is quite ok
    If the business is failing in some areas it is open for discussion. Besides, the people who have written of their experiences on here have also said they will be writing to Rocky Road personally or on their Facebook page. That's quite fair imho.

they have disabled being able to post messages on their FB page! you can comment, but only on anything they have posted up.

Lads the pictures speak for themselves. 13 staff I counted and not one of them would grab a brush and sweep the floor. There's not much leadership anyway when the manager kicked a handful of chips further under the cabinet things. Food was good. But seriously concerned about the dirt of the place.

that is a bad sign when the manager doesn't even seem to notice it. I notice dirt in a lot of shops and think why can't one of them just quickly mop over stains or wipe down counters?
    With that many staff in a place, it should be done full stop. In McDonalds there is someone going around contstantly cleaning up, carrying a brush or mop around with them.

My husband was in a shop in the town getting coffee from the self service machine, and he noticed a few dead flies around it, so he decided to leave it. He went in again the next day, and there were still dead flies in the same place!? :o

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for a dirty floor!

Especially with 13 or 14 idle staff staff standing around. Cleanliness Is a minimum in any eating establishment.

Im not arguing with you I agree, its totally unacceptable, I just think ranting about it on boards.ie will get you no where!!!

Before I try and make my point let me say i once again agree that it certainly isnt acceptable for any business to be run like that. Its disgusting!

However can I ask you what do you think you've gained by posting about it on boards.ie??? As opposed to waiting to hear back from your written complaint and letting due process take its course???

Personally I think no matter how bad the buisness is unless they have an oppurtunity to respond its unfair criticism. Its as shallow as talking behind someone back!!!!

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    they have disabled being able to post messages on their FB page! you can comment, but only on anything they have posted up.

Oh that looks bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement