Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I made a point of asking some people today about their experience dining there. Only one person was complimentary about it. Everyone else was either annoyed at the waiting time, portion size, staff inadequacies & basic food items not being available. I'm quite sure that what is being said here can't be termed as "speaking behind someones back" as it seems that over 70% of people who've dined there say the same thing on the street. That's where the damage will be done, not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Lelantos wrote: »
    I made a point of asking some people today about their experience dining there. Only one person was complimentary about it. Everyone else was either annoyed at the waiting time, portion size, staff inadequacies & basic food items not being available. I'm quite sure that what is being said here can't be termed as "speaking behind someones back" as it seems that over 70% of people who've dined there say the same thing on the street. That's where the damage will be done, not here.

Fair enough but I'd wonder out of that 70%, how many have actually made complaints to management. Would certainly be interesting to know.

I suppose each to there own really we all have our own way of dealing with things!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

exactly, most people won't tell the management that they weren't happy, they WILL tell friends & family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

It is rather disappointing to read negative though fair feedback about this new business venture.

There are obviously many disgruntled customerswho , have already recorded their dissatisfaction on RM's Facebook. What can one say if the owners have disabled that section from recording further complaints.

There was overwhelming goodwill towards this new business venture. From a distance it looks like a nice building which obviously cost a lot of money to build.
    Similarly, the fit out costs must be enormous. Why ever are things going so disastrously wrong? There is obviously a staffing and training issue.

If I were one the owners who obviously invested a huge amount of time and money on this project I would be very concerned right now. Hopefully they can get the matter sorted before it is too late.

I am not a fan of fast food, nonetheless as a business model if managed properly, is a license to print money, which will be needed to recoup the financial outlays on this venture.

I continue to wish the owners every success, however that success will be determined by their own actions . :)

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    exactly, most people won't tell the management that they weren't happy, they WILL tell friends & family!

Thoroughly agree, in this instance the customers won't even complain to management let alone complain on their Facebook page!

Does anybody here know who the owners are and secondly could they have a quiet word in their ear.? Obviously if I knew the owners I would have said it to them long before now.

Absolutely no one wants to see what is a nice business venture performing so abysmally in its first week of trading.

This is a fantastic new venture,which should benefit visitors and locals alike, not to forget much needed local employment.

Seems bizzare!

• Advertisement

Moving on...........

It has been slightly cooler today, by a degree or two! Still high 20's and looking good again for tomorrow?

Are there more lobsters in Tralee? Any body afraid to pass Spa Seafoods for fear of being mistaken as a lobster?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

KN,
    I totally agree with you. Poster Is giving honest feedback and is willing to contact the Owners of the business with constructive comments to help the owner improve and protect his business. To criticise the poster is grossly unfair, obviously the criticism comes from someone who knows very little about business ,or much else for that matter.
    Del

Get over yourself Walter. Enjoying your hoilday on the 'Tralee Thread?' The only time you seem to leave this thing is to go stalking down in the Castle Off License (You know who) and then back to your bedsit for a cry **** over a pot noodle and a can of tennents.

Dont get me wrong is good to see people happy in themselves so dont let anybody or medication take that away from you

Enjoy your 'Holiday'

Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ahhhh Sully, cranky from the heat are you?

Chill out man :)

Thoroughly agree, in this instance the customers won't even complain to management let alone complain on their Facebook page!

Does anybody here know who the owners are and secondly could they have a quiet word in their ear.? Obviously if I knew the owners I would have said it to them long before now.

Absolutely no one wants to see what is a nice business venture performing so abysmally in its first week of trading.

This is a fantastic new venture,which should benefit visitors and locals alike, not to forget much needed local employment.

Seems bizzare!

Just mind your own business for Godsake,why does everybody on here think they have the right to tell anybody how to run their business. A bunch of auld wans ye are!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I thought when the organ grinder disappeared the monkey might shut up, but no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Moving on...........

Not yeeeeet sorry Del :), I finally went to rocky mountain today despite people thinking I would be the first one to eat in the place *looks at carchaeoligist*. Anyways my opinion on it, and as I am not on bookface I may as well post it here.

So I ordered myself a quarter pounder meal, large of course and some nuggets with dip. So waited bout 10 minutes which did not bother me, it seemed quiet so I can only imagine what way it would be busy.

Paid for my grub, and the poor young lad was fumbling with everything, receipts, credit credit card machine etc now I either scared the crap outa him or he literally started today, soo pulled up to the next window and looked in to what an be only be described as a sea of staff, Their was seriously more staff than chips in my meal.

Which brings me to the food, the chips were chewy if that makes sense and had a strange after taste not disgusting but different, the burger, which I honestly expected to be some sort homemade type meat patty and a posh bun was the polar opposite, bog standard burger you find in any chip van, but luckily for me I like chip van burgers, but still with the hype regarding all locally sourced organic food and so on, they could have made a bit more of an effort. The chicken nuggets and dip were nothing special but I was not expecting them to be honest.

The packaging was clearly a cheap generic type, and the portion of chips was quite small considering it as a "Large", I would hate to see the "medium" and I would imagine if they had a "small" I would be so disappointed.

All and all I will go back, but not for a bit to see if anything changes.

Now Del all yours, carry on......

kn wrote: »
    That's extremely unfair on a poster who is just relaying their honest opinion with photos to back it up!

Im sure he will get over it lad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was in there today, only ordered a Sundae and a drink. My friends got various meal deals and it didn't look like I missed out on much, portions were small and the actual beef burger was tiny. Drinks had more ice than actual drink in them and the sundae was just a couple of scoops of ice-cream in a plastic cup. The actual design of the place leaves a bit to be desired too, I was expecting it to have some sort of USA vibe to the place but it was very bland inside, menu was pretty bland and the food was bland too. I can't really see any reason for going back there to be honest. Although, the staff were very friendly though to be fair to them.

I thought when the organ grinder disappeared the monkey might shut up, but no.

No he didnt just 'disappear' as well you know lad

I know one of the owners and was only talking to him today. I didnt comment on his business as I havent dined in there myself nor did I point him in this direction. He has his fingers in a lot of pies as with other members of his family so Im sure he will get this right. As posters said here when the place first opened "judge the place after the first few weeks". Well that all went up in smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sully34 wrote: »
    No he didnt just 'disappear' as well you know lad

He was banned by a cmod for serious breach of rules. And the way the current reports are going ... More might join him. I've a few posts to tidy up here later (when off mobile mode), but take this as a warning that posts have been reported and things need to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I know one of the owners and was only talking to him today. I didnt comment on his business as I havent dined in there myself nor did I point him in this direction. He has his fingers in a lot of pies as with other members of his family so Im sure he will get this right. As posters said here when the place first opened "judge the place after the first few weeks". Well that all went up in smoke

While yes judging a place after a few weeks is a good idea you would think a place would be on best behaviour to make a good impression when they just open, dirty floors and bad food, I wouldn't expect those from a newly opened place.

Just mind your own business for Godsake,why does everybody on here think they have the right to tell anybody how to run their business. A bunch of auld wans ye are!!

Oh Sully, you really are pushing your luck.
    There are quite a few posters here who unlike you run businesses.
    Since when did you become the Oracle on business, or anything else ?.

Im sorry Walter but gladly you know **** all about me pal

While yes judging a place after a few weeks is a good idea you would think a place would be on best behaviour to make a good impression when they just open, dirty floors and bad food, I wouldn't expect those from a newly opened place.

Yes agree with you on that,just think its the wrong place for half the things said on here about the place

• Advertisement

Yes agree with you on that,just think its the wrong place for half the things said on here about the place

Sully the moral conscience of boards...

You know Derek I was more than happy to stay out of your way as we have a habit of locking horns but you have to go and have a dig about me on here. What did you expect I would do eh?

Sully the moral conscience of boards...

Well I guess Im not the first and wont be the last you and your 'buddies' bullied off 'their' thread

Well I guess Im not the first and wont be the last you and your 'buddies' bullied off 'their' thread

I dont think anyone can "bully" you sweetheart,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Do know what, I think I've had enough of this thread. There isn't a day goes by now without at least one reported post. People clearly cannot keep things civil here. Locking, for a while, or maybe more. A 'cooling off' period.

I dont think anyone can "bully" you sweetheart,

Nah the report button is just so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I was in RM this evening with the OH and child, it was busy but service was okay. I, like others think they should be given a chance to sort things out, its still very early days.
    What I will say is the double burger and chips I had were only very ordinary, certainly not something I would go out of my way to have again. To me the burger meat (and sausages which my son had) were just not good quality.
    I think they are trying too hard to be like McDonalds (a losing battle) instead of being a nice family/trucker style diner that offers decent chips (preferably home cut) and quality food along with decent portion sizes.

Oh, and the background music this evening was Radio na Gaeltachta :confused:

The Barge pub opening tonight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Barge pub opening tonight

it looks nice from outside

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    it looks nice from outside

Yeah only spotted it today. Seen your post on the other thread and cant believe its the Henneseys behind it. Must stick the head in there this weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement