Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

So is it guna be a late bar aswell with live music or whats the craic?.

Apparently it is over 23's, nice to see a new bar opening for a change instead of more coffee shops and ristorantes.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

So is it guna be a late bar aswell with live music or whats the craic?.

Apparently it is over 23's, nice to see a new bar opening for a change instead of more coffee shops and ristorantes.

No idea but the Town is crying out for a venue for some decent bands. We havent had that since the Oak and Rambling closed down

Has anybody gone into the Abbey since the live music started again midweek or is it empty untill Manus comes on at 11 o clock

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

pardon my ignorance but where is this new barge bar located

numorouno wrote: »

Its right next door to Henneseys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sully34 wrote: »
    Has anybody gone into the Abbey since the live music started again midweek or is it empty untill Manus comes on at 11 o clock

I hadn't heard they were doing live music in there. The Barge should definitely do a bit of that, especially if they are aiming it at an 'older' crowd.

No idea but the Town is crying out for a venue for some decent bands. We havent had that since the Oak and Rambling closed down

Couldn't agree more, I'd say it should do well, most people are of the same opinion as us with the complete lack of live bands.

Yeah fine the blasket has but that is not a stage and the acoustics in their are shocking, doesn't stop me from going their all the same :).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

numorouno wrote: »

in Castle Street

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I hadn't heard they were doing live music in there. The Barge should definitely do a bit of that, especially if they are aiming it at an 'older' crowd.

Yeah would be a nice change,what was in that building before?

Couldn't agree more, I'd say it should do well, most people are of the same opinion as us with the complete lack of live bands.

Yeah fine the blasket has but that is not a stage and the acoustics in their are shocking, doesn't stop me from going their all the same :).

Very low ceiling and narrow walls,the sound in the Blasket doesnt know where to go. An acoustic session just inside the door is perfect for the place though

• Advertisement

Yeah would be a nice change,what was in that building before?

I don't think there has been anything in there for years. I think maybe there was a hairdressers at one point, but that was a good 10+ years ago. I think they have always owned it and had probably hoped someone would rent it, but they decided to just take it on themselves. I guess its better than it sitting empty & making no money.

I don't think there has been anything in there for years. I think maybe there was a hairdressers at one point, but that was a good 10+ years ago. I think they have always owned it and had probably hoped someone would rent it, but they decided to just take it on themselves. I guess its better than it sitting empty & making no money.

It makes sense,couldnt picture anything in there today. Could do with Honour Hennessy coming back,the Peggy Mitchell of Castle St. Well its no harm and I hope they make a go of it cause as you said it looks really nice from the outside

It makes sense,couldnt picture anything in there today. Could do with Honour Hennessy coming back,the Peggy Mitchell of Castle St. Well its no harm and I hope they make a go of it cause as you said it looks really nice from the outside

I really like the old style glass the have in the windows, and the old style writing. Looks very nice. Hopefully will get out some evening and have a drink in there.

I really like the old style glass the have in the windows, and the old style writing. Looks very nice. Hopefully will get out some evening and have a drink in there.

Agreed,these days the wheelie bin goes out more than I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Agreed,these days the wheelie bin goes out more than I do

Lol, totally stealing that :D I'll be out in town myself in a few weeks, must check that place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Young Tony Hennessy bought it circa 6 years or so ago. It was derelict for years before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

So folks ... someone suggested something interesting to me via PM yesterday that might be a very good idea indeed.

One good way to calm the bickering in here - A MEETUP.

So, who is up for a Tralee Boards Beers? TBB? Enough likes here and I'll start a thread :p

440Hz wrote: »
    So folks ... someone suggested something interesting to me via PM yesterday that might be a very good idea indeed.

One good way to calm the bickering in here - A MEETUP.

So, who is up for a Tralee Boards Beers? TBB? Enough likes here and I'll start a thread :p

It might stop the bickering on here but will only take it to whatever place everybody meets up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

It might stop the bickering on here but will only take it to whatever place everybody meets up!!

Positive Mental Attitude :P

We might all end up getting along famously and not want to bicker anymore :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Generally meet ups are done within a certain forum with shared views, e.g. After Hours, Soccer Rugby etc. Normally done on neutral ground & all present probably don't have any contact other than that.
    All of us living in & around the Tralee area & bumping into each other could be problematic let's say

• Advertisement

Lelantos wrote: »
    Generally meet ups are done within a certain forum with shared views, e.g. After Hours, Soccer Rugby etc. Normally done on neutral ground & all present probably don't have any contact other than that.
    All of us living in & around the Tralee area & bumping into each other could be problematic let's say

Galway forum has loads of meet ups, just need to be in Galway on the night, that's the only shared interest :) However, I don't think it would work as well in Tralee, Tralee is too small and b!tchy a town (as illustrated beautifully on this thread) for it to work very successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

In sure a good few of us know each other anyways. Southern Dandys realisation of who i am was my favourite meeting though. I have met a few of the other heads on here, but as for all meeting up, I'm not sure if it would work, would it? It would certainly be a different night out!

Galway forum has loads of meet ups, just need to be in Galway on the night, that's the only shared interest :) However, I don't think it would work as well in Tralee, Tralee is too small and b!tchy a town (as illustrated beautifully on this thread) for it to work very successfully.

Well yes, Galway is grand, a big population & perhaps a bit more in the way of regular posters, we have about a dozen regulars here? Its too small a pool I think.

Well yes, Galway is grand, a big population & perhaps a bit more in the way of regular posters, we have about a dozen regulars here? Its too small a pool I think.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, but just also saying that it's not just forums with a theme/sport/etc that have meet ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Generally meet ups are done within a certain forum with shared views, e.g. After Hours
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I nominate dels boat as the venue!

In sure a good few of us know each other anyways. Southern Dandys realisation of who i am was my favourite meeting though. I have met a few of the other heads on here, but as for all meeting up, I'm not sure if it would work, would it? It would certainly be a different night out!

Dialogue.

Southern dandy: Carchaeologist?.

Carchaeologist: Yes Southern dandy?.

Had to be there kind of a thing, but it was quite funny.

I think like Lelantos said it is not quite like the other forums, even the other forum I frequent has meet ups but we generally meet up in other ways aswell (sounds bad).

While I am the kind of person if I seen a fly on a wall I would deem that as a sign to go on the piss I like the anonymity of this thread, Tralee is a small town where everyone knows each others business, here we can have a bitch and moan and give Del chronic arthritis in his index finger from liking our posts. I wreckon it would change our attitude a bit on here, be it good or bad I do not know.

Orrrrrrrrr we could or organise a fight night in the brandon and throw Sully and Del in to knock seven colours of sheeeite out of each other and get rid of the animosity between them :D.

I nominate dels boat as the venue!

Screw what I said above, great Idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Screw what I said above, great Idea...

Could go a bit 'Mutiny on the Bounty'

• Advertisement

I think we jokingly had this discussion before Xmas about a meet up (before any real aggro) and nobody was really up for it then if I recall.
    but, leave it up to yourselves, if anyone is really up for it I will show my face.......just to give Ye something to throw barnuts at!
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement