Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Where is Del? hes normally liking all our posts by now. :confused:

unkymo wrote: »
    5tdc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only 3rd place for Del!

I'm up for a boards meet up, nice weather, a few beers, happy days!

I'll more than likely meet you out tomorrow night anyway mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

We'll be down in The Abbey tomorrow night moaning about the kids running around the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think I heard some bass guitar being played....badly

It sounded like bad karaoke here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hmmmm, Starts with C ends with 76 :D.

Not exactly 128bit encryption my code is!.

I don't get the point of this? I'm on top or second for some...why?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Can't be too sure but I think what it is that whoever you respond to the most or "like" or something to that effect I'd imagine anyways.

All the people at the top of my list are here maybe two from a different forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Its just your interactions with other people. It calculates the position on your replies to posters posts, and their replies to yours.
    Its a bit of harmless fun, my list is made up of here, AH & rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

This thread is turning into a chat up line; please keep it to items of interest on Tralee town. There are other forums for interpersonal relationships.
    Thanks.

This thread is turning into a chat up line; please keep it to items of interest on Tralee town. There are other forums for interpersonal relationships.
    Thanks.

Your first post on the Tralee thread & that's all you have to say? Valuable input indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I love you all equally, but my heart belongs to Mrs Del. Dont know how this thing works but my no. 1 is somebody I never heard of and isn't on this thread. Enjoy the sunshine today

• Advertisement

Some of the lads went to the "Barge" last night, it is basically an extension of hennesseys, no live band but a DJ and an apparently bad one, not over 23's unlike what the rumors were, as it was flooded with young ones and the pints were 5euros.

Don't know what to make of that and to be fair the lads are very easy going when it comes to pubs.

So who knows.

Thanks.

It is in the interest of the town as we are all from Tralee :).

And if you have an issue with what you deem as off topic posts please report it to a mod and not be a backseat mod yourself.
    Thanks.

I love you all equally, but my heart belongs to Mrs Del. Dont know how this thing works but my no. 1 is somebody I never heard of and isn't on this thread. Enjoy the sunshine today

Is herself ever going to join boards Del?

Mrs Del
    London(with Del), Paris(with Del),
    New York Cork, & Kerry (with Del)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

Hi,

Eircom are rolling out eFibre to the Killerisk area as of yesterday - couldn't get it before when this subject came up a month or so ago, went to check my number, now I can. So if you live around this area you should be able to upgrade shortly.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Is herself ever going to join boards Del?

Mrs Del
    London(with Del), Paris(with Del),
    New York Cork, & Kerry (with Del)

No , Mrs Del far too busy for the frivolity here!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

anvilmas wrote: »
    Hi,

Eircom are rolling out eFibre to the Killerisk area as of yesterday - couldn't get it before when this subject came up a month or so ago, went to check my number, now I can. So if you live around this area you should be able to upgrade shortly.

Yes,Yes ,Yes:D

I'd say it'll be another month or so before we can connect though

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

anvilmas wrote: »
    Hi,

WhooHoo there's hope yet!!! :D

Re matches: I got Ciarrai76 and Del...... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Re matches:
    Hey something funky going on there!!! It showed C76 on top and when attached and posted Del appears 1st...........is Del techie? Looking for a little love bombing???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Made it down in 2.5 hours. Weather beautiful. If it keeps up, i might not go home. Hitting town on Monday. Is that thing in Castlegregory any good? Think it's some sort of festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Thanks.

Very good point and really shouldnt matter if its your first or last post

Welcome to the peace and harmony thread

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    Very good point and really shouldnt matter if its your first or last post

Welcome to the peace and harmony thread

Since there isn't any chatting up or personal hook ups going on, no, it's not a good point, it's a load of rubbish

It really is such a welcoming thread. We must remember that a lot of people just like to read whats going on in Tralee and dont post on here. So when they actually feel the need to post an opinion then they really shouldnt get their head bitten off

It really is such a welcoming thread. We must remember that a lot of people just like to read whats going on in Tralee and dont post on here. So when they actually feel the need to post an opinion then they really shouldnt get their head bitten off

It wasn't an opinion, it was a back seat moderation & you know that.

So if we can keep the hostility towards new posters down a tad maybe people wouldnt be afraid to come and join in a bit more.

Just my opinion,thats all

With the greatest respect to the OP "backseat moderating" is a no no in all forums, If I have any issues I'll contact a mod, I won't make it public to avoid issues like this. Now having said that I sholud have PM'd but the post was already up so....

When you look at the other town threads it is no different, you will have people asking where is this and that, which may not be usefull to all abd naturally you will have a bit of off topic posts which is inavoidable. Guilty as charged when it comes to this myself. As are we all.

But if people want to find out something about the town or want to ask a question regarding the town I have never seen a response that was not constructive nor condescending.

With the greatest respect to the OP "backseat moderating" is a no no in all forums, If I have any issues I'll contact a mod, I won't make it public to avoid issues like this. Now having said that I sholud have PM'd but the post was already up so....

When you look at the other town threads it is no different, you will have people asking where is this and that, which may not be usefull to all abd naturally you will have a bit of off topic posts which is inavoidable. Guilty as charged when it comes to this myself. As are we all.

But if people want to find out something about the town or want to ask a question regarding the town I have never seen a response that was not constructive nor condescending.

With you on that except maybe for the last line but lets leave it there

With you on that except maybe for the last line but lets leave it there

Jus for the record I meant for an outsider asking a question. We all know where the thread goes if we all disagree on something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Yes,Yes ,Yes:D

I'd say it'll be another month or so before we can connect though

Once it's into the cabinet, you can get connected straight away. It's some difference from the standard broadband!

So if we can keep the hostility towards new posters down a tad maybe people wouldnt be afraid to come and join in a bit more.

Just my opinion,thats all

Well, if the new poster had read the thread & realised that the idea of a meet up was suggested by a mod, perhaps he wouldn't have been as quick to tell everyone to stick to business that interested him.
    Funny how when things are starting to look a little better, a new poster stirs things up & Sully jumps to aid him

• Advertisement

I dont think that new poster was trying to stir things up in anyway. I think the main concern was that the thread was starting to tail off from what its supposed to be about. Pretty much the same way it is heading right now so Im going to put an end to it on my end at least and let everybody else to their sly lttle digs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement