Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully34 wrote: »
    I dont think that new poster was trying to stir things up in anyway. I think the main concern was that the thread was starting to tail off from what its supposed to be about. Pretty much the same way it is heading right now so Im going to put an end to it on my end at least and let everybody else to their sly lttle digs
    No sly digs, just giving my opinion is all, it can be agreed with, disagreed with, or ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

boardsmeme_zpsb249dc2c.jpg

;)

Anybody on the beer tonight?, in the mood for sun pints now I am, might chance the barge tonight.

Anybody on the beer tonight?, in the mood for sun pints now I am, might chance the barge tonight.
    Our theme tune in that case!
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQSZhazYk8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcAQSZhazYk8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Lelantos wrote: »
    ;)

Dont know why you would want to have a pop at Southern Dandy? He is the only Narrie I know on here

Dont know why you would want to have a pop at Southern Dandy? He is the only Narrie I know on here

I live in Narrie land but am not a narrie. Don't tell them that though, don't want the gestapo knocking on my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

We came to town and went to the barge on thurs and Friday and it was a mid 20 to late 30 crowd,, we usually go to Killarney most weekends but it is defo nice to have a place where there was defo no young ones around the place, and as for a fiver a pint that's pretty average for a late bar anywhere u go ,but the pints were normal price b4 12 and the manager in there said the. Extra. 50 cent was to cover the exemption cost and security etc.... He also told us that they are definitely going into the live music.... But they are sourcing a few new young bands ..... Well worth watching this space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Back garden

Stereo blasting

Fridge full of bottles.

No need to be making the publicans any richer in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Customs officers at Oakpark filling station this eve removing fuel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

traleespud wrote: »

That was coming with a while!

That was coming with a while!

'twas only a matter of time!!! Saw a lorry there couple of weeks ago with Newry detail on the side of it thought it was major weird!!! They also didn't accept card transactions, cash only!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I noticed two guys sitting on the wall around 6.30pm this eve with yellow customs jackets on them. I had a feeling something was going on. I also noticed yesterday that the forecourt looked closed & shutters down on the paypoint area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I noticed two guys sitting on the wall around 6.30pm this eve with yellow customs jackets on them. I had a feeling something was going on. I also noticed yesterday that the forecourt looked closed & shutters down on the paypoint area.

Yeah, it was closed yesterday alright.

kn wrote: »

Why is this even on the Tralee thread?

Yeah that place has ruined more engines than FIAT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Why is this even on the Tralee thread?

A bit of light entertainment to counter the some of the hard edges on the thread. It might be a bit lost on you though.....

A bit of light entertainment to counter the some of the hard edges on the thread. It might be a bit lost on you though.....

Nah seen that this morning,should keep your brainless fodder for twitter or facebook

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Whats the story there??

• Advertisement

Yakult wrote: »
    Whats the story there??

Not 100% sure of full facts but it was a but of a dodgy place to begin with!!!! It wasn't a branded station affiliated to any fuel company's. A number of northern reg trucks made deliveries there on a regular basis sometimes really late at night. They wouldn't accept card transactions so only took cash.

Nah seen that this morning,should keep your brainless fodder for twitter or facebook

The pot calling the kettle black ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone around the Greyhound last night a group of fellas on a stag beat a woman outside there last night, alot of blood this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

My first thought is that this is incredibly sad, unfunny, and racist. My second thought is that you have posted it here both to find an audience, and also to teach us something about ourselves.

You have succeeded on both counts, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not 100% sure of full facts but it was a but of a dodgy place to begin with!!!! It wasn't a branded station affiliated to any fuel company's. A number of northern reg trucks made deliveries there on a regular basis sometimes really late at night. They wouldn't accept card transactions so only took cash.

Is that the one at at Fairies Cross, Applegreen? or was it further up?

Is that the one at at Fairies Cross, Applegreen? or was it further up?

The one further up towards Listowel side. It used to be run by Mc Elligotts once upon a time and I think Kelloil made a go of it too at one stage.

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone around the Greyhound last night a group of fellas on a stag beat a woman outside there last night, alot of blood this morning.

Jesus thats messed up that is!.

well went to the barge last night, nice crowd certainly no young ones in their, seriously can not see how bands will be playing in there though where the stage (if you can call it that) is. Very poorly laid out for a live band venue.

It is just an extension of hennesseys imo, still though it is nice to go somewhere different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

well went to the barge last night, nice crowd certainly no young ones in their, seriously can not see how bands will be playing in there though where the stage (if you can call it that) is. Very poorly laid out for a live band venue.

It is just an extension of hennesseys imo, still though it is nice to go somewhere different.

Thank you for the feedback. It is nice to have a new venue in town. Best wishes to the proprietors and staff in their new venture.:)

• Advertisement

I heard some news about that poor lady that was assaulted last night. Turns out she was a newly wed and was having her "after party" in the greyhound. Their was a stag from limerick in the pub aswell and for whatever reason she was glassed by the bastard.

Heres to hoping she makes a full recovery and the excuse of a man goes down for it. Very sad news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement