Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I heard some news about that poor lady that was assaulted last night. Turns out she was a newly wed and was having her "after party" in the greyhound. Their was a stag from limerick in the pub aswell and for whatever reason she was glassed by the bastard.

Heres to hoping she makes a full recovery and the excuse of a man goes down for it. Very sad news.

I've been hearing something along the same lines. The only difference being a Clare stag do. But that's irrelevant, our thoughts with that poor woman & hope that it's something she can recover from physically & mentally soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Lelantos wrote: »
    I've been hearing something along the same lines. The only difference being a Clare stag do. But that's irrelevant, our thoughts with that poor woman & hope that it's something she can recover from physically & mentally soon

Absolutely shocking!

Best wishes to the lady for a speedy recovery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Another young life lost on the tralee to abbeydorney road this evening in a motorbike accident. Poor family.

Re the glassing. I heard that the stag group kicked off when they were refused entry to the bar. The woman seems to have been caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Re the glassing. I heard that the stag group kicked off when they were refused entry to the bar. The woman seems to have been caught in the crossfire.

Bastards. No excuse for that stuff. :-/

• Advertisement

Bastards. No excuse for that stuff. :-/

Its pretty despicable to do that to anyone, never mind a woman!

Another young life lost on the tralee to abbeydorney road this evening in a motorbike accident. Poor family.

Very sad news.

Sicko's with no respect for anyone.

Violent crime needs stiff sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

The lad who diedwas mark shanahan from the family who do the motorbikes and lawn mower business up at the roundabout near shanakill /Sundays well condolences go to his friends and family who I met tonight

geewhizz wrote: »
    The lad who diedwas mark shanahan from the family who do the motorbikes and lawn mower business up at the roundabout near shanakill /Sundays well condolences go to his friends and family who I met tonight

Ah no, I knew the guy, think he has a young daughter also?
    Such a shame, our sympathies to his family & friends.

• Advertisement

Lelantos wrote: »
    Ah no, I knew the guy, think he has a young daughter also?
    Such a shame, our sympathies to his family & friends.

Life is so precious.!

What a tragedy. Sympathies to his daughter, family and friends.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My summer is complete. Had 2 goes on the water slide in the Dome. Brought me back to '94 when i first went there with the scouts. We had our tents pitched up at the rugby club for nearly 2 weeks. Some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

This is a long shot I know but here goes anyway. I am trying to rent a classic car (self drive) for my husband's birthday and not having much luck. I have been on to the crowd in Adare but delivering the car to Dublin is way too expensive. I was in Tralee at the weekend and I spotted what appeared to be a newly married couple driving a gorgeous 1969 red Triumph Herald. It had a Dublin reg and I was wondering if anyone else spotted it or knows anything about it.

jos28 wrote: »
    This is a long shot I know but here goes anyway. I am trying to rent a classic car (self drive) for my husband's birthday and not having much luck. I have been on to the crowd in Adare but delivering the car to Dublin is way too expensive. I was in Tralee at the weekend and I spotted what appeared to be a newly married couple driving a gorgeous 1969 red Triumph Herald. It had a Dublin reg and I was wondering if anyone else spotted it or knows anything about it.

The problem you may find is that these classic car enthusiasts, who spend eleven and a half months cleaning and fixing there cars. Just to drive two weeks in the summer, may not be too enthusiastic to let someone else drive there beloved cars!

Have you tried any websites to try and rent one for a weekend?

The problem you may find is that these classic car enthusiasts, who spend eleven and a half months cleaning and fixing there cars. Just to drive two weeks in the summer, may not be too enthusiastic to let someone else drive there beloved cars!

Have you tried any websites to try and rent one for a weekend?

Thanks Michael, I can understand completely why classic car owners would be reluctant to let anyone near the loves of their lives. I just thought there might be a rental company I have missed. There are only 2 showing up on t'inernet. The one in Dublin doesn't have anything from the 60s. The other company is in Adare and although they have the perfect car, it would cost €210 each way to deliver it to Dublin plus the rental charge. I reckon I will have to come up with another idea for his birthday at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi jos28

Sorry to hijack thread but what if you stayed in adare and then drive the car.
    Or in tralee if ye got car near there.
    Some fab places to stay and eat in either place.

I thought of that Lisha but Mr Jos has to be in Dublin the weekend of his birthday. Although I could maybe give him an IOU for his birthday and go to Adare a different weekend to pick up the car and take it to Kerry. I know he would prefer that to boring presents like cds, aftershave etc.....

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi jos28

Sorry to hijack thread but what if you stayed in adare and then drive the car.
    Or in tralee if ye got car near there.
    Some fab places to stay and eat in either place.

Was just going to suggest that.

Book a weekend in tralee with the 400 it would have cost you for delivery. Collect the car in adare, and do the ring of Kerry in it!

Cheers folks, reckon that's what I'll do ! Should be a good weekend :D

Not to upset the apple cart. But perhaps the Mondello Park experience? He gets to drive a sports car around Mondello Park for the day & all with the added bonus of no flies in his teeth :)

• Advertisement

Cheers folks, reckon that's what I'll do ! Should be a good weekend :D

What a fantastic idea !

Just a few more ideas...................

The drive from Adare to Tralee is quite short. Overnight hotel in Tralee, followed by a trip to Dingle, Slea Head Drive, back to Tralee, dinner in Spa Seafood Restaurant. Next day drive Ballyheigue, Kerry Head, Ballybunnion returning to Adare.

Driving a classic car is quite a different experience to driving a modern car. If Mr. Jos is a child of the 60's/ 70's I am certain he will appreciate this gift.

If you need more details on restaurants , hotels etc, please feel fee to Post here or send a PM

Thanks Lelantos but he has done the Mondello thing. We've been together for donkeys years, so I have bought him every present imaginable at this stage.:D Seriously running out of ideas.
    Thanks Del, I will definitely follow that route and as for Spa Seafoods - yummmmm. He is indeed a man of the 60s and this is the car I REALLY want to get him. Do you think he might let me have a go :D:D

http://heritagesportscars.com/ford.htm

Thanks Lelantos but he has done the Mondello thing. We've been together for donkeys years, so I have bought him every present imaginable at this stage.:D Seriously running out of ideas.
    Thanks Del, I will definitely follow that route and as for Spa Seafoods - yummmmm. He is indeed a man of the 60s and this is the car I REALLY want to get him. Do you think he might let me have a go :D:D

Wow! Nice looking motor. I guess you will need to do a lot of arm twisting to get a go!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

There is actually quite a lot of them in Kerry. I spotted one in Lixnaw recently and a man of about 90 came out of the shop and drove away in it going about 15km an hour.
    Also spotted that car the day of the Wedding you were talking about,they were married in the Church next to Balloonagh school if thats any help to ya

Tragic news about Mark Shanahan. The lad knew that road like the back of his hand.Very sad loss and heart goes out to his Family

Sully34 wrote: »
    Tragic news about Mark Shanahan. The lad knew that road like the back of his hand.Very sad loss and heart goes out to his Family

Indeed it is, sadly on a Motorbike it makes no difference how well you know the road or how good a driver you are if stuff goes wrong. That's why I gave it up, its too damn dangerous around here.:(

Indeed it is, sadly on a Motorbike it makes no difference how well you know the road or how good a driver you are if stuff goes wrong. That's why I gave it up, its too damn dangerous around here.:(

Ive never liked those motorbikes myself ,those lads have been riding bikes since they were knee high to a grasshopper. You never get over something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Is it me or is it getting rarer and rarer to see motorbikes on the road compared to 15, 20 years ago etc.

kn wrote: »
    Is it me or is it getting rarer and rarer to see motorbikes on the road compared to 15, 20 years ago etc.

I suppose its because motorbikes were typically the the cheaper transport back then. There was loads of NSR80s and NSR125s when I was in school. I had a NSR125 myself brand new in 2001, but fell off it more than once!
    Nowadays its more common to buy a car when you are 17, hardly any young fella buys a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »

One thing ive noticed the few bikes that are on the road are nearly all big cc bikes powerful ones compared to when I was growing up and you would see lads going around on 125s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement