Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I still haven't eaten there, must keep it in mind, I keep forgetting it!

I had Quinlan's fish & chips last weekend, which I usually love, but I was a little disappointed with the chips, they weren't as good as they had been :(

I havent been in there,chips are important,they are what bring you back to these types of places. Must head in there this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I haven't been either, no major interest in going to be honest! took a spin around it just for a look though!

Nor I . Not quite my thing.:)

If they are going to have Spirals for one night then they must have LnA's. They went hand in hand,if you got in an out of there with a snackbox and didnt get your head smashed in then it was a good night out

I still haven't eaten there, must keep it in mind, I keep forgetting it!

I had Quinlan's fish & chips last weekend, which I usually love, but I was a little disappointed with the chips, they weren't as good as they had been :(

Recently arrived very late in Tralee one evening, I pulled into MJ's for something to eat. Pleasantly surprised , nice food and great service.:)

Only visited Quinlan's on one occasion, thought it was overpriced for takeaway.
    Really could not understand what the excitement was about. :)

Down to JB's for chips with the 'special' seasoning and a game of Double Dragon and back home again. There was none of all this Rocky Mountain nonsense untill Bilko's opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

Sully34 wrote: »
    Down to JB's for chips with the 'special' seasoning and a game of Double Dragon and back home again. There was none of all this Rocky Mountain nonsense untill Bilko's opened

JB's? was that on the corner of rock st?

It was where New Yorkers is now,but a lot smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Am I the only one that hasnt been to Rocky Mountain?

You can chalk me down in have not been there club,heard alot of good things about the grub there though.

You can chalk me down in have not been there club,heard alot of good things about the grub there though.

Oh go on then its a date but your paying

What was the one on the corner of Rock St then?

• Advertisement

If they are going to have Spirals for one night then they must have LnA's. They went hand in hand,if you got in an out of there with a snackbox and didnt get your head smashed in then it was a good night out

Ya anything and everything could happen in the LnA after a night out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

What was the one on the corner of Rock St then?

I have no idea! But I remember being still in a buggy and going in there and they had a video game machine in there too.
    It was on the corner where the roundabout is in rock street, there is a big sign up there on it I think for MJ'S

Oh go on then its a date but your paying

Could always skip the bill and leg it,charge it to Del lads :D

Out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow, hadn't heard that name in a while! They were, if memory serves me correctly where New Yorkers are now but was much smaller - just a counter really with the video game machines while you waited.

Nostalgia trip #2 - (only the Narries might remember this) Who remembers Roger's chipper come corner shop at corner of Strand Street and Spa Road? (formerly Reenee's (RIP) and subsequently O'Sullivan's/Morans). Would have been around the mid to late 80s?

Could always skip the bill and leg it,charge it to Del lads :D

Out the door.

No problem guys!:D:D

No problem guys!:D:D

Sound Del,il vote for you when you run for the council :)

Free food = Votes

Could end up broke though.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Wow, hadn't heard that name in a while! They were, if memory serves me correctly where New Yorkers are now but was much smaller - just a counter really with the video game machines while you waited.

Nostalgia trip #2 - (only the Narries might remember this) Who remembers Roger's chipper come corner shop at corner of Strand Street and Spa Road? (formerly Reenee's (RIP) and subsequently O'Sullivan's/Morans). Would have been around the mid to late 80s?

Best currie and chips in the land as I recall

Sound Del,il vote for you when you run for the council :)

Free food = Votes

Could end up broke though.

Skip the drive-thru so lad,we are sitting this one out. Im putting on the elasticated pants as we speak

I have no idea! But I remember being still in a buggy and going in there and they had a video game machine in there too.
    It was on the corner where the roundabout is in rock street, there is a big sign up there on it I think for MJ'S

Wow thats going back a bit Id say,I must find out about that place

ongarboy wrote: »

Best currie and chips in the land as I recall

But something tells me it all ended badly for Rogers and also come to think of it the currie and chips werent that fantastic either but who cared when it was just around the corner

• Advertisement

Guys, happy to pay for the takeaway!

However I think the Gluten Free Cafe would be a much healthier option:D

Naw you aint pawning us off with that muck,we are going for that good old fashioned heart clogging stuff

Naw you aint pawning us off with that muck,we are going for that good old fashioned heart clogging stuff

No offence of course to all involved in The Gluten Free Cafe, I hear its a lovely set up and long may it last

No offence of course to all involved in The Gluten Free Cafe, I hear its a lovely set up and long may it last

At my age , the heart clogging stuff is not an option! Don't wish to end up in Blackrock, again.

Gluten Free Cafe for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I'm bloody hungry now, cheers you lot!
    L&A for a snackbox with stuffing & coleslaw please if ye're buying? ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lelantos wrote: »
    I'm bloody hungry now, cheers you lot!
    L&A for a snackbox with stuffing & coleslaw please if ye're buying? ;)

same here! trying hard not to open a large bag of Keogh's crisps!!!

same here! trying hard not to open a large bag of Keogh's crisps!!!

Resist temptation. Try out the Gluten Free Cafe for coffee or lunch tomorrow.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Resist temptation. Try out the Gluten Free Cafe for coffee or lunch tomorrow.:)

I can't wait until tomorrow! thankfully Keogh's have 2 gluten free options in their range! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

I got take away during the week with a friend and really liked the set up, staff were friendly and great balcony. But to be honest, I was charged €5.50 for a tiny sandwich. I know it was gluten free, but Kingdom Food and Wine sell massive spelt bread sandwiches for €3.50 with much more filling. Definitely not in a rush back there at all.

On Rocky Mountain, I never eat take away but said I'd give them a turn seeming as I heard so much negative press. I came up on a Thursday night and it was quiet enough, staff were extremely polite, it was spotless and there was a nice selection of food. Got a Louisiana Chicken Wrap and popcorn chicken and really liked them! The wrap was as nice as anything from KFC and the popcorn chicken was spicy! Prices were decent as well.

So, surprisingly enough, I was well pleased and although I wouldn't be in a rush to eat take away again, wouldn't have a problem goin there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Popcorn chicken freaks me out. What part of a chicken could possibly be the popcorn. Bleh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement